The 21-22 HC of the Sabres will be?

LabattBlue

21-22 Sabres HC  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who will it be

10 minutes ago, LoveAndWarrener said:

I think this guy would look as good behind the bench as he did in any Sabres colors.

bufa-grier.thumb.jpg.2ef768f59ba9d4011eb9eeef6cf8d78f.jpg

I hope you aren't suggesting he be hired as the HC?  Based on what...other than the fact that he is a former Sabre?

Edited by LabattBlue

12 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Obvious hire is obvious 

I have to say I have watched a bit of his interviews and the guy is pretty impressive. I'm still wanting an experienced NHL coach but willing to give Leaman the chance if he's the pick. I'd go with him rather than some assistant coach.

Karl Taylor

Under Taylor’s guidance, the Admirals finished with their best record in 19 seasons of play in the AHL, going 41-14-5-3 (90 points, .714%) and capturing the Macgregor Kilpatrick Trophy as regular-season champions. Milwaukee allowed a league-low 2.24 goals per game and ranked seventh in scoring (3.35) – the third-highest goals-per-game differential (+1.11) in the AHL in the last decade – and established a team record with a 13-game winning streak from Nov. 2 to Dec. 1. Milwaukee’s special teams were outstanding in this season as well, ranking second in the league on the power play (25.2 %) and sixth in penalty killing (85.5 %).

A 49-year-old native of North Bay, Ont., Taylor is the 21st head coach in Admirals history and joined the club following four seasons as an assistant with the Texas Stars, where his teams reached the Calder Cup Playoffs three times and made a trip to the Finals in 2018. He also served as an assistant with the Chicago Wolves in 2011-12, and was a head coach in the ECHL with Reading (2005-08) and Ontario (2008-11).

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Radar said:

I have to say I have watched a bit of his interviews and the guy is pretty impressive. I'm still wanting an experienced NHL coach but willing to give Leaman the chance if he's the pick. I'd go with him rather than some assistant coach.

I'll have no choice but to give him a chance, I'll be here and watching regardless, but I can't pretend I won't be severely disheartened if he is announced. It honestly still feels like a near done deal to me already

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

I think Nate Leaman might be the guy.  Seems like a lot of smoke there.  Seems like a Sabres hire.

I really believe that an experienced NHL coach is the better way to go right now.  I think hiring someone who has never coached adults, or pros, is a bad path to go down.

With that being said, I would need to keep an open mind because Leaman seems like a very good college coach and could end up a very good NHL coach for all I know.

They could take, in my opinion, the wrong approach and still end up striking gold.  Blind squirrels finding nuts and all that.

6 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

It is NOT going to be one of the "big 3" names currently available (Boudreau, Julien, Gallant).

If it was going to be any one of those 3, they would have been announced as the HC today.

They have had plenty of time to prepare for this and I would guess KA has been harping for Ralph's firing for a long time.

For some reason, Pegula finally caved in.

I expect it to be a college coach or someone like that out of left field, maybe Leaman, who I voted for in the poll.

Dumping Ralph means nothing in isolation! 

They must replace him with a GOOD coach going forward or this is just more frustration waiting to happen.

We are a long way from being out of the woods right now! 

That's rhe fvcking problem. They keep trying to get it off the ground with people who have no experience getting it off the ground. Get one of these coaches with long winning track records in here right NOW!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

I think Nate Leaman might be the guy.  Seems like a lot of smoke there.  Seems like a Sabres hire.

I really believe that an experienced NHL coach is the better way to go right now.  I think hiring someone who has never coached adults, or pros, is a bad path to go down.

With that being said, I would need to keep an open mind because Leaman seems like a very good college coach and could end up a very good NHL coach for all I know.

They could take, in my opinion, the wrong approach and still end up striking gold.  Blind squirrels finding nuts and all that.

Hiring Leaman also tells me that a Bills style remake from the ground up will continue to be the organization’s template and the tired bodies and spirits will be flushed like the Fred (Okposo) Jacksons, the Sammy (Eichel) Watkins and the Marcel (Rasmus) Dareus.

Yes, I am probably over projecting on the players, but my overall point stands.

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Hiring Leaman also tells me that a Bills style remake from the ground up will continue to be the organization’s template and the tired bodies and spirits will be flushed like the Fred (Okposo) Jacksons, the Sammy (Eichel) Watkins and the Marcel (Rasmus) Dareus.

The context you are trying to apply is almost completely lost on me.  No Bills knowledge here.

I know that they have Josh Allen who has an admirable spirit, and right arm, and I know that they played real good after not playing real good for a real long time.

4 hours ago, LoveAndWarrener said:

I think this guy would look as good behind the bench as he did in any Sabres colors.

bufa-grier.thumb.jpg.2ef768f59ba9d4011eb9eeef6cf8d78f.jpg

I agree.  I wrote about him being a possible good replacement weeks ago.  I loved his attitude as a Sabres and I think he’d demand hard work and accountability from the players.  He also has great credibility and is a proven winner.

15 minutes ago, dudacek said:

fwiw, and lately he seems to be worth solid consideration:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.