The 21-22 HC of the Sabres will be?

LabattBlue

21-22 Sabres HC  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who will it be

Just now, matter2003 said:

Apparently my buddy was telling me Boudreau was on Toronto radio a few weeks ago saying he had zero interest in the Sabres job if it became available. Can't blame him...we are like siberia now for coaches.

Your buddy had a bad reading of that appearance. Bruce's phone broke up, so we aren't sure exactly what he said about the sabres, but hearing something negative would have required fabricating a word with an "n" sound that just wasn't said. Most people actually think he was implying or joking that they might have an opening soon for him, and a couple of people have said he'd love to coach here

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

Leaman. The reason they waited so long to can Ralph is they were hoping they could wait till Leaman was done 

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

I think it will be Leaman, although that's not necessarily whom I want.

Yep

Who is Leaman?  And why do you guys think it will be him?

+++++

Going out onto one of the longest and thinnest of limbs here, but ...

Lindy Ruff

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Who is Leaman?  And why do you guys think it will be him?

+++++

Going out onto one of the longest and thinnest of limbs here, but ...

Lindy Ruff

I'm just guessing and ill keep this short cause I'm mentioning it in multiple threads but the hire would just ooze Sabres to me. No NHL experience in the role - check. NCAA? Check. 

From there it's kinda just - wouldn't they have hired Boudreau or Gallant if they liked them? The thorough search bit is BS - and was with the Adams hire itself. I don't buy that at all. Then there's how long it took to fire Krueger - I think they were trying to wait on Leaman. 

I could be way off it's just the feeling I get. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I'm just guessing and ill keep this short cause I'm mentioning it in multiple threads but the hire would just ooze Sabres to me. No NHL experience in the role - check. NCAA? Check. 

From there it's kinda just - wouldn't they have hired Boudreau or Gallant if they liked them? The thorough search bit is BS - and was with the Adams hire itself. I don't buy that at all. Then there's how long it took to fire Krueger - I think they were trying to wait on Leaman. 

I could be way off it's just the feeling I get. 

So, he's some NCAA coach?  Never heard of him except that you guys mention the name from time to time.  Great!!  Bloody Hell!!

2 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

So, he's some NCAA coach?  Never heard of him except that you guys mention the name from time to time.  Great!!  Bloody Hell!!

TBF I think he's supposedly a really good one. NCAA coach, that is. 

As mentioned I have less of an opinion on Leaman and more of an opinion on the fit and what a hiring would, to me, imply. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Apparently my buddy was telling me Boudreau was on Toronto radio a few weeks ago saying he had zero interest in the Sabres job if it became available. Can't blame him...we are like siberia now for coaches.

2 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Your buddy had a bad reading of that appearance. Bruce's phone broke up, so we aren't sure exactly what he said about the sabres, but hearing something negative would have required fabricating a word with an "n" sound that just wasn't said. Most people actually think he was implying or joking that they might have an opening soon for him, and a couple of people have said he'd love to coach here

Friedman said Boudreau would love to Coach the Sabres. He has family in St Catherine’s and runs a hockey school there in the Summer 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Head coach at Providence.  Won a national championship in 2015.

• Thanks (+1) 2

It is NOT going to be one of the "big 3" names currently available (Boudreau, Julien, Gallant).

If it was going to be any one of those 3, they would have been announced as the HC today.

They have had plenty of time to prepare for this and I would guess KA has been harping for Ralph's firing for a long time.

For some reason, Pegula finally caved in.

I expect it to be a college coach or someone like that out of left field, maybe Leaman, who I voted for in the poll.

Dumping Ralph means nothing in isolation! 

They must replace him with a GOOD coach going forward or this is just more frustration waiting to happen.

We are a long way from being out of the woods right now! 

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Radar said:

I need to be informed on Leaman. Is this speculation based on Paul Hamilton or are there other sources that he's a consideration?

I think he was interviewed prior to Ralph being hired.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.