2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

Brady is, imo, the greatest athletic competitor ever. Greater than Jordan. So, I pay respect to that greatness and his accomplishments.

Beyond that, I view him as a jerk, tw@t, as.shole, and, thanks to his TB12 business, putative grifter. Fu.kc Tom Brady forever and ever. People sitting on top of the world who punch down are the absolute worst kind of people. (Being the greatest competitor ever and a sh1tty person makes perfect sense, actually.)

• Like (+1) 1

So I did a mock draft last night and lucked out quite a bit.  This is my ideal draft. Literally everything went right.

Understand that this year is absurdly deep at Edge and Cb. There are almost 20 DE's and around 12 Corners in conversation for the first two rounds. The bills should take advantage of the draft and get one of each early on as CB and Edge are our biggest needs (in that order).

With that being said, I planned to take either Burks (ideal) or Williams at 25 if they fell (which Burks did). The reason being is that we are in a super bowl window and have to win now. A rookie WR can enter the league and make a big impact right away, while Corners often breaks out in year 2 and DL in year 3. Also, there's a chance we lose McKenzie, Beasley, and Sanders all this off-season.

With the draft's depth at CB, we land Kyler Gordon in the second round. Other potential 2nd rd Corners are Roger Mcreary, Derion Kendrick, Jermaine Waller, and Mykael Wright. The second round has serious value here: All of them are incredible players. Still, Gordon has the most upside of the bunch and I was stoked to take him. He is a year older than his team mate Trent McDuffie, and is actually considered the better athlete. In the real draft, he probably goes in the first round.

Then in the 3rd round Arnold Ebiketie is there. This is just unrealistic. A more realistic set of DE's to target in the 3rd are Sam Williams, Nik Bonito, Zach Carter, and Boye Mafe. Some boom or bust pass rushers include Amare Barno (if he can add weight), and Alex Wright. Some DT's to consider if they are available are Devonte Wyatt, Perrion Winfrey, and Travis Jones. No matter what, I'm confident a good Dline prospect will be available at this spot: They can't all go in the second round.

I'm gonna pound the table for Channing Tindall and ZaQuandre White. These are the most underrated players in the draft imo. Tindall flys all over the field. Hes one of the fastest linebackers, but just wasn't very productive until his final year, and so he's getting overlooked.   I like Troy Anderson a lot too, as another option.

ZaQuandre White is a victim of circumstances. He originally committed to fsu but was buried behind Akers, so they tried to play him at linebacker instead. He then transfered to Carolina in 2020, only for covid to hit. This past year was really the only year he got any reps. He had 88 carries but flashed every time he got the ball. Seriously, go watch his highlights on YouTube. This guy is ridiculous. He's got everything: size, speed, elusiveness. The reason he falls to the 5th round is because he is a one year wonder, and the question remains if he can handle a high workload.

The next few guys I don't know too much about, but...

Cade Mays appears to be a good developmental center.

Roberson was real productive for Wake. Maybe he turns into something, I don't know. Maybe go another route with this pick. 

Tight end could use some depth, and Jelani Woods was there.

Teague played great for Ohio state a couple years ago, but has since been battling injuries and fell down the depth chart. Really sad to see, honestly. Hes a special talent when healthy.

Anyways, Go Bills. I have full faith in Beane: this is just a fun thing I like to do each year. Thought I might share. Screenshot_20220129-094531.thumb.png.dd31b81788e64ebc662f11ea633433cc.png

On 1/28/2022 at 5:48 PM, LGR4GM said:

Did ppl not watch Allen lobbing passes to Gabe Davis wide open?

A tyreek hill can only be added if you cut Diggs, not enough money for both

No one is talking about signing a Tyreek Hill in FA. You can add a talented player early in the draft. We need speed players with YAC ability to make the offense more dangerous and give Allen more easy yards. Fine if you disagree.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

No one is talking about signing a Tyreek Hill in FA. You can add a talented player early in the draft. We need speed players with YAC ability to make the offense more dangerous and give Allen more easy yards. Fine if you disagree.

Great post, and this is exactly it.

I’d love to see the team add a back with big quickness and speed. That was the idea with Breida. It didn’t quite pan out. 

An Allen-led offence where a check down could go for 15-20 instead of 5-10? *That* would be a problem for other teams.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

No one is talking about signing a Tyreek Hill in FA. You can add a talented player early in the draft. We need speed players with YAC ability to make the offense more dangerous and give Allen more easy yards. Fine if you 

637sqh.thumb.jpg.460c08bea8c8b493ab233c7afcf70450.jpg

Edited by LGR4GM

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Great post, and this is exactly it.

I’d love to see the team add a back with big quickness and speed. That was the idea with Breida. It didn’t quite pan out. 

An Allen-led offence where a check down could go for 15-20 instead of 5-10? *That* would be a problem for other teams.

We should use our first round pick on a rb. That's why we can't beat kc, need to hand off more. 

Definitely don't need a corner and a better coverage lb.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

We should use our first round pick on a rb. That's why we can't beat kc, need to hand off more. 

Tend to think it's our O line not our running backs. In any case I'm less confident in our defense than our offense. I'm okay with one corner if he's healthy but Wallace I'm less so. Overall we're not a good tackling team it seems at times. I like our safeties.  I would concentrate on improving both lines.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/28/2022 at 1:22 PM, Buffalonill said:

You need a guy that is elite YAC you might not like it but its very important 

Did I read somewhere that Josh is the QB whose receivers have the lowest YAC in the league? That’s pretty amazing if true.

1 hour ago, Radar said:

Tend to think it's our O line not our running backs. In any case I'm less confident in our defense than our offense. I'm okay with one corner if he's healthy but Wallace I'm less so. Overall we're not a good tackling team it seems at times. I like our safeties.  I would concentrate on improving both lines.

I'm pretty sure the line about drafting a RB (actually, that whole post) was sarcasm, as "needing to hand off more" because "we can't beat kc" is clearly nonsensical.  He even said previously that JA moved the ball at will.  LGR actually wants the CB and LB that he mentioned in the second line because that was a much bigger part of why we didn't beat kc.

Edited by carpandean
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Burn your straw man, padawan.

I wholeheartedly agree that the top of this draft needs to be in the defensive backfield for the Bills.

The meme above is funny. I do worry about how incredibly heavily the Bills’ offence relies on Allen. It seems borderline unprecedented. Getting him another really good tool - to lighten the burden a bit - is obviously a good idea. Another third or fourth round gem from Beane & co.?

13 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

24 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Burn your straw man, padawan.

I wholeheartedly agree that the top of this draft needs to be in the defensive backfield for the Bills.

The meme above is funny. I do worry about how incredibly heavily the Bills’ offence relies on Allen. It seems borderline unprecedented. Getting him another really good tool - to lighten the burden a bit - is obviously a good idea. Another third or fourth round gem from Beane & co.?

Liger is somewhat right.  The offense scores at will.  It isn't the problem.

As for a coverage LB, I wonder if the issue is how Edmunds is used.  The delayed pass rush stuff is likely not his idea.

40 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Liger is somewhat right.  The offense scores at will.  It isn't the problem.

There’s no disputing the results. The process is a bit precipitous in that it relies so, so heavily on the incredible talents of one player. Lightening that burden a bit should be the #2 off-season priority. 

13 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

637sqh.thumb.jpg.460c08bea8c8b493ab233c7afcf70450.jpg

I don't think anyone is saying our offense lost the game. I think everyone can see our defense got completely dismantled.

Levi Wallace and Dane Jackson were a disaster waiting to happen. Our safeties can cover up their flaws against teams like the falcons, jets, pats, panthers etc but  definitely not the chiefs.

Then we had no pass rush. So there is that. And when there was some pressure, Mahomes took off and our linebackers had no stopping it. So there's that too.

But let's not take those 36 points for granted. It's was a miracle what Allen and Davis did that game. It probably won't happen again.

Now the topic is: what should be done moving forward?

If you draft a high end reciever at 25 (Burks, Williams, Wilson), those 36 points seem less like a miracle, and more like a given. Plus you can still get a top tier #2 CB in the second round (ie Roger McCreary, Daxton Hill, Kyler Gordon, Derion Kendrick etc).

4 minutes ago, 7Fun6 said:

I don't think anyone is saying our offense lost the game. I think everyone can see our defense got completely dismantled.

Levi Wallace and Dane Jackson were a disaster waiting to happen. Our safeties can cover up their flaws against teams like the falcons, jets, pats, panthers etc but  definitely not the chiefs.

Then we had no pass rush. So there is that. And when there was some pressure, Mahomes took off and our linebackers had no stopping it. So there's that too.

But let's not take those 36 points for granted. It's was a miracle what Allen and Davis did that game. It probably won't happen again.

Now the topic is: what should be done moving forward?

If you draft a high end reciever at 25 (Burks, Williams, Wilson), those 36 points seem less like a miracle, and more like a given. Plus you can still get a top tier #2 CB in the second round (ie Roger McCreary, Daxton Hill, Kyler Gordon, Derion Kendrick etc).

There is no need to take a receiver at all, much less in the first round!  The Bills have a surplus at that position and likely will have to cut a good player.

• Thanks (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, 7Fun6 said:

I think there is a good chance we lose Beasley, McKenzie and Sanders, no?

McKenzie hardly plays anymore.  Sanders and Beasley (who probably will return even though they are overpriced--although Sanders's cap hit isn't as bad, I think?) are replaceable in free agency.  There is no need to address the position in the draft.

Edited by Eleven

My guess is that in the first 3 rounds they’ll draft BPA among CB, OT and WR.  I don’t think Sanders or McKenzie will be back, as Sanders was pretty up and down this year and someone will give McKenzie more $$ than the Bills can afford.  While I agree with @Eleven that Diggs, Davis and Beasley are all very good, I think they need and want more speed at WR.  

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

My guess is that in the first 3 rounds they’ll draft BPA among CB, OT and WR.  I don’t think Sanders or McKenzie will be back, as Sanders was pretty up and down this year and someone will give McKenzie more $$ than the Bills can afford.  While I agree with @Eleven that Diggs, Davis and Beasley are all very good, I think they need and want more speed at WR.  

If only they had a burner on the roster that they drafted out of Houston last year who was a big play yac guy and needed a chance to play.

1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

If only they had a burner on the roster that they drafted out of Houston last year who was a big play yac guy and needed a chance to play.

Well, Stevenson was injured for part of the season. 

More broadly, I'm inclined to give the coaches the benefit of the doubt that a 6th-round rookie wasn't ready for prime time.  But since they drafted him, he'll probably get a fair shot next year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.