2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

Just now, Flashsabre said:

I remember people quitting Bills fandom because they took Allen over Josh Rosen.

I was almost there myself.  I didn’t know Allen at all but I bought the hype machine of Rosen, Mayfield and Darnold. We may be on the precipice of 3 QBs drafted top ten that wash out in under 5 years.  Unreal.  

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, inkman said:

I really don’t enjoy stadium discussions.  Will it be a nice shiny new toy?  Sure.  Will fans have a slightly better experience? Possibly.  

Spending $2 Billion dollars of our money to make something a slightly better fan experience doesn’t exactly sound like a good ROI.  

I suppose it’s more about the NFL ensuring their revenues are as maxed out as they can be.  Not sure if our withering region needs this right now.  

Couldn’t agree more. Especially since 73% of the financing will probably come from NYS/Erie at the tune of over a billion dollars 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, inkman said:

I was almost there myself.  I didn’t know Allen at all but I bought the hype machine of Rosen, Mayfield and Darnold. We may be on the precipice of 3 QBs drafted top ten that wash out in under 5 years.  Unreal.  

I think Darnold will turn it around.   But doubt he will ever be a top 10 QB in the league.   After passing on Mahomes the year before, just lucky Allen turned out to be the best QB to be picked not only in his draft year but years after him also.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I think Darnold will turn it around.   But doubt he will ever be a top 10 QB in the league.   After passing on Mahomes the year before, just lucky Allen turned out to be the best QB to be picked not only in his draft year but years after him also.

What's interesting is there was a poster here who lost his mind over passing on Mahomes. Ended up getting banned which is sad because Allen is in that Mahomes level imo. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, LGR4GM said:

What's interesting is there was a poster here who lost his mind over passing on Mahomes. Ended up getting banned which is sad because Allen is in that Mahomes level imo. 

There was a fella over at the Bills' side of this forum who left when Rosen was not selected. I like Allen better than Kermit, but biased. He's definitely in the same company, and we got Tre White, too.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

No but he was playing offense and you would think being up by so much he could have scored enough to stay up. 

Gotcha. I didn't watch the game, so I have no idea whether he choked it away. Did he?

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

See Ryan, Matt.

Man, that was almost entirely on the play caller. Who was it? Shanahan?

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Yup. See Mac Jones. 

Mac Jones is a great story because his defense is really good and he is good enough to throw for 200-250yrds a game and win. However once he gets behind by more than 1 possession and has to start pushing the ball downfield, it opens up all kinds of issues. Mac Jones might be the QB that if I won the toss against, I would take the ball first against. 

I like this take.

52 minutes ago, inkman said:

My criteria: Do you look like a jackass?

Fair deuce, and to each their own. And I amend my suggestion that you get your black socks hiked up knee-high while making such judgments - there are too many fans of your calves around here.

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, inkman said:

I suppose it’s more about the NFL ensuring their revenues are as maxed out as they can be.  Not sure if our withering region needs this right now.  

It's an absolute scandal and a shake down. The NFL is a real estate development association that is masquerading as an affiliated group of sports entertainment entities. It also is what it is.

I took my oldest to the Falcons game. She looked around the concourse in the 300's at halftime and asked: How many of these people do you think will be able to go to games in the new stadium? I just stood there. It's a really good question.

47 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I remember people quitting Bills fandom because they took Allen over Josh Rosen.

Lord help us. This is precisely why I was just like ... /stupid face and shrugging emoticon/ "IDK ... Wheeeeeee!"

12 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Gotcha. I didn't watch the game, so I have no idea whether he choked it away. Did he?

He was outplayed by Jake Fromm after the first half. Georgia's rb also helped, guy named Nick Chubb and Sony Michelle. 

14 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

He was outplayed by Jake Fromm after the first half. Georgia's rb also helped, guy named Nick Chubb and Sony Michelle. 

46 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Sidenote: Mayfield had the following players on offense. Marquis Brown, CeeDee Lamb, Mark Andrews he could throw too. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

That dude was a maniac, jeffismagic I think. Wildly entertaining for an offseason when the Sabres sucked. He really did not like me haha

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

That dude was a maniac, jeffismagic I think. Wildly entertaining for an offseason when the Sabres sucked. He really did not like me haha

Dude.  That dude was something else.  I don't think he didn't like you he was just a big pisser on every single parade and anyone that challenged his supreme idiocy about everything there was.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

The poster was JeffisMagic. I remember him well.  He was obsessed with Mahomes before the draft and after the draft. He couldn't get over the Bills not selecting him when the Bills were in position to take him. In retrospect, he was right about Mahomes as a prospect and player. There was no topic in which he didn't bring up the Mahomes issue. He just couldn't let it go! So he as a poster was let go. The banning was more than warranted. 

3 hours ago, inkman said:

I really don’t enjoy stadium discussions.  Will it be a nice shiny new toy?  Sure.  Will fans have a slightly better experience? Possibly.  

Spending $2 Billion dollars of our money to make something a slightly better fan experience doesn’t exactly sound like a good ROI.  

The question is how much of a return on that $2 billion are you going to get?

Some numbers: https://www.gobankingrates.com/money/business/what-playing-empty-stadiums-cost-nfl-franchise/

It says the Bills get about $56 million in gate receipts and $357 in all other stadium revenue (food and merch) per season for a total of about $413 million. Just how much will a new/better stadium increase those? 

Lets say you can increase that 10% to $454 million.  Is $40 million in revenue (not counting expenses) worth a $2 billion dollar investment? To the owners sure, they get all that revenue but only pay for a portion of the $2 billion.

And by the way, getting a 10% increase would put the Bills gameday revenue in the category close to Pittsburgh and Denver, that may or may not even be possible with a new stadium.

6 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Some numbers: https://www.gobankingrates.com/money/business/what-playing-empty-stadiums-cost-nfl-franchise/

It says the Bills get about $56 million in gate receipts and $357 in all other stadium revenue (food and merch) per season for a total of about $413 million. Just how much will a new/better stadium increase those? 

Lets say you can increase that 10% to $454 million.  Is $40 million in revenue (not counting expenses) worth a $2 billion dollar investment? To the owners sure, they get all that revenue but only pay for a portion of the $2 billion.

And by the way, getting a 10% increase would put the Bills gameday revenue in the category close to Pittsburgh and Denver, that may or may not even be possible with a new stadium.

I think the plan is to increase by close to 100%, not 10%.

26 minutes ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

Dude.  That dude was something else.  I don't think he didn't like you he was just a big pisser on every single parade and anyone that challenged his supreme idiocy about everything there was.

Just saw some of my old posts you liked, got a kick out of that 😄

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I certaInly was not referring to how will the Pegulas get their money back. I mean the fans.  The $2 bill in the fans are contributing. Are we going to get $2 billion worth of fan experience in return, cumulatively of course.  Hard to quantify but with more expensive tickets, concessions and merchandise; I’m not seeing the ROI for the taxpayers…aka…the fans. 

4 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

What do you mean, "Other than"?

What does a beer cost at a Bills game now?  $11?  Double that and you get to a $22 beer.

Last I checked a hot dog was $7....double it and you get to $14.

And remember, concessions and merchandise is more than gate/ticket receipts for revenue per game. If you DON'T double concession prices...that means ticket prices will have to do a LOT more than double if you want to double total revenue.  I do not see a path for the Bills to double Revenue out of a new stadium vs the current one.

9 minutes ago, inkman said:

I certaInly was not referring to how will the Pegulas get their money back. I mean the fans.  The $2 bill in the fans are contributing. Are we going to get $2 billion worth of fan experience in return, cumulatively of course.  Hard to quantify but with more expensive tickets, concessions and merchandise; I’m not seeing the ROI for the taxpayers…aka…the fans. 

I think the ROI for the fans is continuing to have a team, unlike St Louis, San Diego & Oakland. Anyone who doesn't believe the NFL wouldn't prefer the Bills in a larger market is delusional. Unlike Cleveland, if the Bills move Buffalo will never get another team. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.