GDT: Islanders at Sabres, Feb. 16, 2021, 7:00 pm

nfreeman

That's my issue with Jack. Good microcosm. 

Drives the middle with speed, and then promptly dishes to Skinner outside on the left when the isles were giving Jack space. They KNOW he's going to pass. He NEVER drives straight to the net to take the shot, I've been mentioned this for years. Look at the highlights for his goals, it's almost never driving in the high slot. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Carmel Corn said:

Yep, but not a new problem though.  This team has not had an identity (at least a positive one) for more than a decade, maybe longer.

That has been my complaint this past decade.  Have a GM build a team to a certain style.  Pegulas need to back off.

9 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Maybe a little harsh.  I won’t criticize him for informing the audience about players that are playing well.  As a kid I ate that stuff up.  I knew a ton about the Sabres and I wanted to know who the good players were on the other teams.   I used to announce games when playing table hockey. I knew most every player and even the opposing teams line combos.  😂 

Harsh yes...and well deserved. 😂

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Nitro60 said:

One thing about Lou Lamoriello is that you know what kind of team he puts on the ice.   They have an identity.  Sabres have none.  

Yup.  They have the old Devils identity.  A few skill scorers.  Everyone else responsible and bought into the team game.  Get a lead, shut down the opposition, make them press and capitalize on their mistakes.  

We have the California Golden Seal identify.  

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I wouldn’t shed a tear if Eichel or his buddy Reinhart were traded. 

In all honesty, what would his market value even be?  I'd go all in on another Turgeon for Lafontaine type of a deal if there was another Lafontaine out there.  But Eichel's value IMO has taken quite a hit.

Edited by John Tucker

Just now, John Tucker said:

In all honesty, what would his market value even be?  I'd go all in on another Turgeon for Lafontaine type of a deal if there was another Lafontaine out there but Eichel's value IMO has taken quite a hit.

We could have Lemieux and Gretzky in their prime. They would both be coached RK.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John Tucker said:

In all honesty, what would his market value even be?  I'd go all in on another Turgeon for Lafontaine type of a deal if there was another Lafontaine out there but Eichel's value IMO has taken quite a hit.

It will go down even further when he publicly demands a trade.  GMKA will have little trade leverage except taking another team's malcontent.  Perhaps he can force somebody to take Skinner and his contract as part of a deal.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.