GDT: Islanders at Sabres, Feb. 16, 2021, 7:00 pm

nfreeman

Where do we go from here? If I owned the team Gallant would be getting a call.  If not, sell the farm and rebuild again.  This is not working.  Keeping things the same is not working.  This is not even entertaining anymore. It’s become toxic. 

Edited by Gatorman0519
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

lots of fair weather fans here...

doesn't matter how bad they get I'll always watch and hope for the best, go Sabres!

I don’t think fairweather is the proper term. 

The team has sucked for 15 straight seasons. Some people can only take so much. 

I’m about where @inkmanis at. I’m thinking about cancelling my Fubo. I’ve seen almost every single game since 1998, and gave up my season tickets 5 seasons ago. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

lots of fair weather fans here...

doesn't matter how bad they get I'll always watch and hope for the best, go Sabres!

Anyone here posting is about as far from a fair weather fan as one can get. 

Biron was right - they don't get to the inside. That's on Ralph, he must be coaching it that way. 

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Fair weather fans aren't watching/thinking/posting about the team tonight.

Right. We are trudging through the muck of this rainstorm like always. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, #freejame said:

By far the most successful sweater we’ve ever had in terms of team play. 

Not even kidding, I love these new unis and I'm afraid my view of them is going to begin to become tainted. 

2 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

So... does any leadership get displayed this period? Whether in tenacity or attack or gumption and grit? Or is it merely a skate around the outside?

They are all too willing, and it's always been an issue with some of these guys, but they have to be being coached this way. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

They are all too willing, and it's always been an issue with some of these guys, but they have be being coached this way. 

Are they? There are a lot of veterans on this team who should be talking about pride and you only get so many chances in your career and whatnot.

There's a football adage that the coach coaches the beginning of the year, but at some point the coach hands the season to the team. The team needs to take over in the next five games or this season is over. Where is our veteran leadership? Adams brought in vets in the offseason. When do they show up.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, DarthEbriate said:

Are they? There are a lot of veterans on this team who should be talking about pride and you only get so many chances in your career and whatnot.

There's a football adage that the coach coaches the beginning of the year, but at some point the coach hands the season to the team. The team needs to take over in the next five games or this season is over. Where is our veteran leadership? Adams brought in vets in the offseason. When do they show up.

All too willing to play the perimeter. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.