Top 10 Perfect Movies - Nominations

GASabresIUFAN

On 2/12/2021 at 10:23 PM, Zamboni said:

Well with everyone having a different taste in movies, and different definitions of “perfect”, this should be interesting.

Movies I can watch and have watched, over and over and over again. Close Encounters of the third kind, Outlaw Josey Wales, The Revenant, Hidden Figures. Are they perfect? For me they are.

Close Encounters...I won't say 'perfect' but it is under-rated for sure. One of my favorites.

• 1 month later...
On 2/14/2021 at 4:12 PM, French Collection said:

Shawshank Redemption

No Country For Old Men

Die Hard

Schindler’s List

Hotel Rwanda

Dumb and Dumber 

Forrest Gump

Full Metal Jacket

Black Panther

Deadpool

Bad storyline full of plotholes -  Basically a hollywood movie trying to make a statement but really failing at it.   I think I told this in other threads before but hyping him as the first black superhero movie when you had blade I II III and spawn was lame.   

But this dude said it better than me.

13 hours ago, drnkirishone said:

As a nerd I am going to get some hate for the following..........Blade Runner is overrated

I much prefer "Blade: Trinity" starring Ryan Reynolds and "Runner Runner" starring Justin Timberlake

Edited by Thorny

58 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Just some random ones in no order ...

The Prestige

Game Night

Jojo Rabbit

Good Will Hunting

The Big Sick

Parasite

Empire Records

The Matrix

Always Be My Maybe

Shawshank Redemption

Scream

Loved the Prestige and the Big Sick

Parasite was good but I was definitely tainted by reading about how it was one of the best movies of all time before watching it. It was good. 

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Loved the Prestige and the Big Sick

Parasite was good but I was definitely tainted by reading about how it was one of the best movies of all time before watching it. It was good. 

Parasite lived up to the hype for me. It was basically just Snowpiercer but perfected.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

I haven't seen that one but keep meaning to. Not really a huge fan of war movies generally. We have enough propaganda to go around already.

It's not really a war movie. 

Think Frodo and Sam. It's specifically a story about the relationship between 2 individuals. The movie is also "one" single edit/take

Highly recommend. It's certainly not propaganda 

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

It's not really a war movie. 

Think Frodo and Sam. It's specifically a story about the relationship between 2 individuals. The movie is also "one" single edit/take

Highly recommend. It's certainly not propaganda 

Huge fan of real single takes. I know that movie is a fake version of that but I'm still interested to see how they do it. There's a really long single take in the beginning of an episode of Haunting of Hill House that mesmerizes me every time.

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

Huge fan of real single takes. I know that movie is a fake version of that but I'm still interested to see how they do it. There's a really long single take in the beginning of an episode of Haunting of Hill House that mesmerizes me every time.

Ya I mean the whole movie obviously isn't one take but it's only a few. There are massively long takes the likes of which one doesn't usually see

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.