2021 NHL Draft Rankings

Brawndo

Aaty Raty. Keeps sliding sliding sliding

https://jhanhky.substack.com/p/draft-to-dev-aatu-raty

After averaging over two points per game in the Finnish U16 and U18 leagues, Räty’s production has fallen off against U20 and Liiga competition.

Rather than being able to out-skate or out-muscle less mature opponents, Räty now struggles to acquire pucks and to get off the wall against similarly-built peers.

Edited by LGR4GM

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I learned that the 2022 draft is deeper and so acquiring an extra pick helps. You miss-understand what I wrote. We aren't swapping a 6th this year for one next year. I was saying you could trade a pick this year, let's say a 3rd and get that teams lower third and a pick next year like their 5th. 

I am not saying 6th this year for 6th next year

I am saying 3rd this year for 3rd this year and 5th next year. 

My example we trade 65 for 85th + 5th rounder 2022

I was just joking. I understood everything you said.

14 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Should be an Absolute blowout Guenther should have a huge game 

I haven’t really been that impressed yet.  You? 
I would pick Clarke before Guenther but of course I’m basing this on 4 periods of watching them so far

bored and re -watched the USA - Can WJC game earlier today   I really think Beniers should be the pick   Brings everything the Sabres need more of  

him and Cozens together would be a nightmare for opposing Defencemen   Both have the desire to battle in the corners, both have speed and talent   

1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

I would pick Clarke before Guenther but of course I’m basing this on 4 periods of watching them so far

bored and re -watched the USA - Can WJC game earlier today   I really think Beniers should be the pick   Brings everything the Sabres need more of  

him and Cozens together would be a nightmare for opposing Defencemen   Both have the desire to battle in the corners, both have speed and talent   

Guenther is hit or miss for me.  Definitely behind Beniers and Eklund for me up front.

13 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

I think wasting a 1st-3rd overall pick on a jordan staal is a waste when you could get an 80 point winger 

41 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I think wasting a 1st-3rd overall pick on a jordan staal is a waste when you could get an 80 point winger 

Jordan Staal seems below Beniers floor. 

Of course they are kids so anything can happen. I would just project him to the 60pt-80pt range. 

12 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Jordan Staal seems below Beniers floor. 

Of course they are kids so anything can happen. I would just project him to the 60pt-80pt range. 

55 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Who is the 80 point winger because Guenther is looking nothing like that.

1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

Who is the 80 point winger because Guenther is looking nothing like that.

I'd assume he means Guenther who I have some questions about but gotta wait for my draft guides and accompanying video now. 

15 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

What is guenther looking like then ? You do realize he be the first overall pick if the WHL had a full season

He has been looking like a passenger at the U18s. Not a guy that can drive a line. Canada has had an easy round robin and he has not dominated at all.  He has been outshined by guys like Clarke, McTavish, Pinelli and the underagers like Wright and Bedard. 

31 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

He has been looking like a passenger at the U18s. Not a guy that can drive a line. Canada has had an easy round robin and he has not dominated at all.  He has been outshined by guys like Clarke, McTavish, Pinelli and the underagers like Wright and Bedard. 

He had 24 points in 12 games thats madness for Edmonton what do you think he have if it was a full season? 

People made these same excuses about MacKinnon when he sucked at wjrs lol anyone remember those days? drouin is carrying MacKinnon on the mooseheads! Luckily the avs aren't the fans.

outshined by underagers like Wright and Bedard.  Really ? Shocked by the next generational talent.

Next your going to say chibrikov is oushined by Michkov who will be the next ovechkin

Edited by Buffalonill

40 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I agree, nothing about what I’ve seen from Guenther is screaming first overall pick. 
that being said, you don’t want to give too much weight to a 2 week tournament 

We will see how he does in the medal round 

Ive liked Stillman on Canada, hard nosed , hit everyone and has offensive skills.  

Mctavich is definitely helping his draft stock. same with the Kid who’s taken Clarke’S job on PP1. Ottenger or something

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

I agree, nothing about what I’ve seen from Guenther is screaming first overall pick. 
that being said, you don’t want to give too much weight to a 2 week tournament 

We will see how he does in the medal round 

Ive liked Stillman on Canada, hard nosed , hit everyone and has offensive skills.  

Mctavich is definitely helping his draft stock. same with the Kid who’s taken Clarke’S job on PP1. Ottenger or something

Olen Zellweger. Just 5 days shy of being a 2022 draft pick. The exact player to target with our 3rd rounder. 

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

The highest i see him going is 50 points but great on the defense side.

I think the skating and accurate shot get him over 50pts. He reminds me of faster ROR and I don't say that lightly. 

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

He had 24 points in 12 games thats madness for Edmonton what do you think he have if it was a full season? 

People made these same excuses about MacKinnon when he sucked at wjrs lol anyone remember those days? drouin is carrying MacKinnon on the mooseheads! Luckily the avs aren't the fans.

outshined by underagers like Wright and Bedard.  Really ? Shocked by the next generational talent.

Next your going to say chibrikov is oushined by Michkov who will be the next ovechkin

Agree to disagree. I don’t want Guenther with a top pick. I think Beniers and Eklund offer more to this team.

This a small sample of his work but I do not see Guenther as a 1st overall choice. He’s had a few flashes of talent but he does not look like a go-to guy that I envision a #1 pick to be. 

Similar sample size with Beniers, but with tougher competition at the U20 and I liked him a lot more.

Clarke is good but I don’t see him as a #1 either. He’s no Cale Makar.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, French Collection said:

This a small sample of his work but I do not see Guenther as a 1st overall choice. He’s had a few flashes of talent but he does not look like a go-to guy that I envision a #1 pick to be. 

Similar sample size with Beniers, but with tougher competition at the U20 and I liked him a lot more.

Clarke is good but I don’t see him as a #1 either. He’s no Cale Makar.

Nathan MacKinnon agrees

3 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Agree to disagree. I don’t want Guenther with a top pick. I think Beniers and Eklund offer more to this team.

meh. Nobody screams typical top pick to me. I still think this is the right time to trade down. Give somebody else that so called top pick in exchange for their lower 1st and whatever the going rate is for their desire. Multiple lower picks this year could yield really good results. It's a very non typical year.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.