2021 NHL Draft Rankings

Brawndo

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Before someone says it, Edvinsson has agility but I think it gets overrated often with the "for a big guy" moniker. 

Also, if you missed it. 

Gadzooks, "Scouching" looks like a portmanteau of "scouting from the couch."

1 hour ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Gadzooks, "Scouching" looks like a portmanteau of "scouting from the couch."

That’s actually what I though it was the first time I saw it, but the guy’s name is Will Scouch.  Then again, maybe that’s just a description of what he is going to be doing.  (He) Will Scouch (scout from the couch).

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, gilbert11 said:

Is he related to actress Renee Zellweger?

Probably not, she’s from Texas, but looking at her Wikipedia page did make me realize that she dated Jim Carey, Jack White, Bradley Cooper, and married Kenny Chesney for 4 months.  Crazy world.

Also, she is in Cinderella Man, and that’s just a great film.

Edited by Curt

one of the scouting reports I read on Guenther said “he’s always in the right spot”

after watching today’s game, I can definitely see it.  He may not be the guy driving play but he seems to be one of those guys that the puck always find and he isn’t shy from shooting. 
Has size , good speed, has an excellent shot and works hard in the dzone 

with the centres on this team; I think he would definitely be a good addition 

14 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

one of the scouting reports I read on Guenther said “he’s always in the right spot”

after watching today’s game, I can definitely see it.  He may not be the guy driving play but he seems to be one of those guys that the puck always find and he isn’t shy from shooting. 
Has size , good speed, has an excellent shot and works hard in the dzone 

with the centres on this team; I think he would definitely be a good addition 

Trade sam draft guenther probably what buffalo is thinking to save money 

Im mixed on Sam but Guenther as an answer is a waste of an argument.  I get you Nill like an unproven kid with some talent but unless you get equivalent back for Sam you are wasting time.  I dont proclaim to know who would be best fit and talent... havent seen enough this year to make decent eval. I could see jack to Ducks for Zegras, a D, prospect and number 1.  Not sure Ducks would do that.

34 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

If you are going to do that, you have to be prepared to be bad again in 2021 and 2022. 

Honestly at this point if sam goes jack will likely want to leave 

Buffalo has only them selfs to blame 

Its about to get dark like danny and drury dark again 

8 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

You might be right. If Sam and Jack go... you're in a hard reset. 

2 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Sorry for singling you out but these kinda quotes always crack me up.

“You think finishing dead last four times in eight years is bad? Wait until you experience what it’s like to have a 90-point season!” (Ominous music)

Edited by dudacek
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

If you are going to do that, you have to be prepared to be bad again in 2021 and 2022. 

It’d be a dumb move but I’m also prepared for this team to be very bad for several more years.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

Its a good time to be bad get 2  Chances at two Generation players in 2023  and 1 franchise player in 2022.

As the Artist Formerly Known as Tank I just threw up in my mouth.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

You might be right. If Sam and Jack go... you're in a hard reset. 

This is a strong possibility. Reinhart was drafted in 2014 and never sniffed the playoffs. He is one season from UFA. Does he want to commit here long term? Nothing is trending towards the Sabres being a playoff team next year.  Eichel is a year away from his no trade kicking in. Does he want to be here?  If no, move him before it kicks in. We saw the disaster of the Hall deal where the player holds the hammer.

If this sad reality happens then load up on young talent and top picks.  We would all love this to be turned around tomorrow but this “rebuild” was botched so badly that they might have to reset the rebuild. The fans will be furious but there might be no choice if Reinhart and Eichel want fresh starts.

32 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

This is a strong possibility. Reinhart was drafted in 2014 and never sniffed the playoffs. He is one season from UFA. Does he want to commit here long term? Nothing is trending towards the Sabres being a playoff team next year.  Eichel is a year away from his no trade kicking in. Does he want to be here?  If no, move him before it kicks in. We saw the disaster of the Hall deal where the player holds the hammer.

If this sad reality happens then load up on young talent and top picks.  We would all love this to be turned around tomorrow but this “rebuild” was botched so badly that they might have to reset the rebuild. The fans will be furious but there might be no choice if Reinhart and Eichel want fresh starts.

Do the 'trade Eichel before his NMC kicks in' posts need to permeate EVERY thread?

(Not meaning to pick on your post specifically.)

24 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

One of the few things I have hope about is that Lazar remarked that the team has a positive belief in itself when he was traded.  Moreover, there is a good vibe from the team overall; in particular, Sam Reinhart and Rasmus Ristolainen look less grim when they are out there.  We have seen a bit more team chemistry when players get hit; I can barely recall the last time I saw the team respond to attempted intimidation this well.  The team overall does not quit; they can be overwhelmed like they were in the second game against Boston, but they responded against the Islanders last night.  It is the first time in a long time that the team has playing decently in the last month of a season (Bylsma's first season).

Maybe that helps

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.