Sign in to follow this  
LGR4GM

Should we be talking more about Arttu Ruotsalainen

Can't see Cozens going back to junior. A player of his caliber doing so in their D2 year isn't incredibly common, the fact it'll really be the second half of his D2 year, by the time the season starts.. I think Buffalo will be the best place for his development. But that's just a guess. Of course we can't prioritize his development to the detriment of the team, but hearing they'll likely ease him in on wing eases my concerns he wouldn't be ready for NHL action. 

Unlike Casey, Cozens has a natural defensive aptitude to his game. 

Ruotsalainen I can't help but see as a non-factor until we see him in camp - he hasn't ever stood out to me despite being a twitter darling. He's kind of like Thompson - the internet buzz is expecting big things from these 2. 

Can't wait to see it. 

Edited by Thorny

18 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

The fact he can go to Rochester while Cozens cannot, probably gives Dylan the advantage to making the team. 

it gives Cozens the edge to make the team out of the gate; but having guys like him nipping at his heels makes that 9 game tryout (or however many it ends up prorated to) massively important for determining where he plays this year. 

I will be very surprised if Arttu isn't in Rochester to start the season, or if Cozens isn't in Buffalo for the entire season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Arttu would make a good late-season callup for a minor injury. But he's going to need 35-50 games to fully acclimate to the pace and immediate forecheck of the NA ponds.