Sabres, 8th overall pick: Jack Quinn

LGR4GM

This would be a case where we agree on the degree - maybe I'm Sabres biased but I'm inclined to think there's a reasonable shot they can both be pretty good without a massive gap between. 

But I'd argue the likelihood of Rossi being a *bit* better is backed up by a strong consensus. 

I’m jumping back in late.

I would have taken Rossi, then Lundell at 8.  Still would probably, but the reasons cited by management for taking Quinn absolutely make sense to me.  I learned a lot about him after the pick.  A lot of things that I like.  I can’t say the same about Nylander or Mitts, for example.

Its not enough that I know am saying that Quinn was the right pick, but it’s enough that I’m keeping an open mind.  We’ll see how it goes.

Quinn has a shot to make that team. He is probably the best RW listed there. Depends on if Jarvis is thought of as a center or RW. I would assume Cozens plays center. Shane Wright is an interesting addition and I would be skeptical of the 16 year old making it this year... next year though look out. 

16 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Quinn has a shot to make that team. He is probably the best RW listed there. Depends on if Jarvis is thought of as a center or RW. I would assume Cozens plays center. Shane Wright is an interesting addition and I would be skeptical of the 16 year old making it this year... next year though look out. 

I think Quinn's attitude and the fact he can play in the bottom six just as easily as the top six has to help his chances. He is also the 3rd-highest drafted forward in camp.

I worry a tad that he is a "late-bloomer" who hasn't been groomed by Hockey Canada, and the politics that may be involved in that.

Cozens is a lock.

4 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Kirby Dach was loaned to Team Canada to play in the WJC.

They are going to have 12 Centers as Forwards/Sarcasm

And this is significantly different from every single other WJC Team Canada tournament roster of the past 20 years how?

22 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

LOL. Just realized who Team Canada's coach is: Andre Tourigny, also coach of the Ottawa 67s, Quinn's junior team.

7 minutes ago, dudacek said:

LOL. Just realized who Team Canada's coach is: Andre Tourigny, also coach of the Ottawa 67s, Quinn's junior team.

Quinn plays a 200ft game too. He makes perfect sense for the bottom 6 role on that team with the ability slide into that top 6 easily. 

4 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

What happens if there is no CHL this coming season.  Will the Sabres send Quinn to the AHL?  What other options would there be?

I wonder if he’d adjust better then Nylander did?

Well the Q already started so I would assume the OHL will do something. If not, I don't know if he can go to the AHL even without them playing. 

35 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Well the Q already started so I would assume the OHL will do something. If not, I don't know if he can go to the AHL even without them playing. 

The OHL will play.  They're trying to figure out how to adhere to the Ontario Sports Minister's decree without turning their league's game into women's or beer league hockey.

Have to believe the WHL will play as well.

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

The OHL will play.  They're trying to figure out how to adhere to the Ontario Sports Minister's decree without turning their league's game into women's or beer league hockey.

Have to believe the WHL will play as well.

Thinking about going no contact

• Thanks (+1) 1