Sabres, 8th overall pick: Jack Quinn

LGR4GM

24 minutes ago, TheCerebral1 said:

I still don't like this pick.  He could be okay, however at this point I am still calling this a reach and they should have traded down.  

You saw that they tried and couldn’t?

It takes two.

10 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Thank god someone else took Sanderson. If you told me I had to pick between Buffalo taking ANOTHER LHD or Jack Quinn, I go Quinn all day every day. 

Sanderson might change  your opinion in 3 or 4 years.

On 10/8/2020 at 9:51 PM, Thorny said:

Would you like me to go back in time and convince myself to believe Sanderson was a target earlier?

Yes but get me after you have the time machine built.  I need to go back to 1982 and fix my whole life.  Ugh.  

• Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Will do. It's gonna be a hot tub, fyi

Hopefully it only works if your naked like the Terminator.  

48 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Will do. It's gonna be a hot tub, fyi

To anyone in their 40's. Please watch that movie.  Cheesetastically good.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 10/9/2020 at 5:29 AM, LGR4GM said:

Thank god someone else took Sanderson. If you told me I had to pick between Buffalo taking ANOTHER LHD or Jack Quinn, I go Quinn all day every day. 

<MARCO ROSSI>  Enter prompt.  I am very high on Peterka, otherwise again this draft is a wash.  I cannot say I know much of anything on the later round picks in the 6th and 7th round.  

7 hours ago, Second Line Center said:

I remembered we couldn't pass on:

Reinhart 

Nylander 

Casey

That or we "loved" the picks and Samson was a cant miss #1 C.  

I'm glad we passed on the 5'9 guy for someone that appears to be developing well and can put the puck in the net.  

What? I remember everyone begging to draft Sergachev over Nylander. 

Casey is interesting and I would agree about that. 

The 5'9" guy just destroyed the OHL and is built like a literal tank. It will be very interesting to see how that progresses. 

Reinhart 

Nylander 

Casey

I'm glad we passed on the 5'9 guy for someone that appears to be developing well and can put the puck in the net.  

Honestly, I don’t remember any of this. LOL

• Like (+1) 1

Reinhart 

Nylander 

Casey

9 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The 5'9" guy just destroyed the OHL and is built like a literal tank. It will be very interesting to see how that progresses. 

4 minutes ago, SDS said:

Honestly, I don’t remember any of this. LOL

Yeah the only one of those that was a 'can't miss' was Reinhart, and he hasn't missed. The other 2 were very much in the air. Casey has all of the talent in the world, he's just a lazy pos

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Yeah the only one of those that was a 'can't miss' was Reinhart, and he hasn't missed. The other 2 were very much in the air. Casey has all of the talent in the world, he's just a lazy pos

Is that true? Because all I remember about the draft was it lacked the high end  forwards of all the other drafts and a big debate between the Sam’s and Reinhart’s hockey intelligence. I couldn’t imagine anyone with Sam’s pedestrian physical skills to be considered a can’t miss.

6 minutes ago, SDS said:

Is that true? Because all I remember about the draft was it lacked the high end  forwards of all the other drafts and a big debate between the Sam’s and Reinhart’s hockey intelligence. I couldn’t imagine anyone with Sam’s pedestrian physical skills to be considered a can’t miss.

I remember that in 2014 it was Bennett was the fast one, Reinhart the smart one, and Draisaitl the big one. Bennett failed, Reinhart I was hoping for more, Draisaitl fixed his skating and took off. 

8 minutes ago, SDS said:

Just now, LGR4GM said:

I remember that in 2014 it was Bennett was the fast one, Reinhart the smart one, and Draisaitl the big one. Bennett failed, Reinhart I was hoping for more, Draisaitl fixed his skating and took off. 

Reinhart was definitely the safe choice. Everyone knew what you were going to get out of him and we got exactly that. Bennett had all of this upside because of his speed, and Draisaitl was such a swing or miss because of his skating. For a team that couldn't afford to miss we made the right choice

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Your post reminds me how what initially transpires is not how things will ultimately transpire. Montreal drafted Sergachev and then traded him to Tampa for Drouin who was one of the top picks in the draft. We drafted Nylander and then traded him for Jokiharju. Casey may still be a work in progress or a bust. We still don't know for sure. Taylor Hall was the first pick for Edmonton and then was traded to Jersey and then went to Phoenix. Now he is in Buffalo. There is nothing static about initially good decisions or  less good decisions. The decision that you think is an up decision can turn into a down decision and the down decision can ultimately turn out to be an up decision in the long run. It's a crazy business. 

• Like (+1) 1

I gotta say, I read a lot about him after we picked, and there was a lot of Ottawa 67ers fans who'd routinely say Quinn outplayed Rossi on nights. I think Quinn has more going for him than I gave credit for.

I still think Rossi is going to be a star, and we'll regret passing on him.

Rooting for Quinn though, just like I genuinely rooted for Nylander after hating that pick.

• Like (+1) 1