Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
WildCard

Practice Report: Kahun's Debut, 02-27-2020

Recommended Posts

I like Lazar with Skinner and Simmonds better than Mojo, as long as they can get the puck into the offensive zone.

Lazar and Simmonds at least have the potential to create the havoc Jeff can feast off. Jeff and Mojo have no chemistry at all.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, shrader said:

So Frolik's your odd man out.

Would appear that way.

Also, find it interesting that Krueger still is primarily looking to keep Skinner not just separate from Eichel but also Johansson.

 

Yes, Jeff was on Marcus' line last night, but Sheary was playing in his spot prior to getting traded.  Ralph reeeeaaaaaly seems to dislike Jeff's defensive game as he always puts him with whomever is the most responsible defensive C he has available not named Larsson (and he even had those 2 together a couple of games).

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I like Lazar with Skinner and Simmonds better than Mojo, as long as they can get the puck into the offensive zone.

Lazar and Simmonds at least have the potential to create the havoc Jeff can feast off. Jeff and Mojo have no chemistry at all.

True to the bolded, but in October they looked like naturals together.

Wonder what happened to spoil that early chemistry?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Olofsson-Eichel-Reinhart

Skinner-Lazar-Simmonds

Kahun-Johansson-Vesey

Girgensons-Larsson-Okposo

 

That's not an outstanding middle six, but they are definitely far more threatening for the opposition and should take a bit of pressure off line 1 and open up scoring significantly. That's a good enough forward group to get you into the playoffs if they gel. I'm excited for Vegas, especially after last night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

When Kahun doesn’t score with those two, how long before he is labeled a bust? 

Second game.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Would appear that way.

Also, find it interesting that Krueger still is primarily looking to keep Skinner not just separate from Eichel but also Johansson.

 

Yes, Jeff was on Marcus' line last night, but Sheary was playing in his spot prior to getting traded.  Ralph reeeeaaaaaly seems to dislike Jeff's defensive game as he always puts him with whomever is the most responsible defensive C he has available not named Larsson (and he even had those 2 together a couple of games).

True to the bolded, but in October they looked like naturals together.

Wonder what happened to spoil that early chemistry?

In almost all of those moments, they were displaying transition chemistry.

Mojo's strength is transition, and it's really fallen off - and Skinner, by himself, is useless in transition. So their chemistry has evaporated as Mojo doesn't do much in the offensive zone that would give Skinner his characteristic netfront chances

IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

When Kahun doesn’t score with those two, how long before he is labeled a bust? 

Depends on who the poster is 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

In almost all of those moments, they were displaying transition chemistry.

Mojo's strength is transition, and it's really fallen off - and Skinner, by himself, is useless in transition. So their chemistry has evaporated as Mojo doesn't do much in the offensive zone that would give Skinner his characteristic netfront chances

IMO

Could be.

And Johansson has been a shell of himself most if the season.  But not sure if that is due to injury or something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Taro T said:

And Johansson has been a shell of himself most if the season.  

Won't disagree with this, but I'm tired of the excuses Skinner keeps getting made for him. Just put Skinner here, just give him this guy to play with there, etc etc, like he's been any good at all. Skinner this season, has been one of the worst players on the roster, and it's him bringing down his linemates rather than the other way around. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

Won't disagree with this, but I'm tired of the excuses Skinner keeps getting made for him. Just put Skinner here, just give him this guy to play with there, etc etc, like he's been any good at all. Skinner this season, has been one of the worst players on the roster, and it's him bringing down his linemates rather than the other way around. 

What part of the post you just quoted contradicts any of that?

You quoted a post at the tail end of a conversation discussing Johansson and Skinner not playing much together lately and speculating/ asking why that might be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Brawndo said:

When Kahun doesn’t score with those two, how long before he is labeled a bust? 

2 periods of hockey, over/under?

Edited by Curt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Brawndo said:

When Kahun doesn’t score with those two, how long before he is labeled a bust? 

Depends on how many hits he has and how many faceoffs he wins. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Brawndo said:

When Kahun doesn’t score with those two, how long before he is labeled a bust? 

He wasn't already called a bust?  I'm kind of disappointed.  I would have expected that as the number 2 post in the trade thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, StuckinFL said:

Olofsson-Eichel-Reinhart

Skinner-Lazar-Simmonds

Kahun-Johansson-Vesey

Girgensons-Larsson-Okposo

 

That's not an outstanding middle six, but they are definitely far more threatening for the opposition and should take a bit of pressure off line 1 and open up scoring significantly. That's a good enough forward group to get you into the playoffs if they gel. I'm excited for Vegas, especially after last night. 

One more Lazar level center on that 3rd line would  push MarJo to wing and that line would be the best 3rd line we've had in a decade.

Edited by woods-racer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

One more Lazar level center on that 3rd line would  push MarJo to wing and that line would be the best 3rd line we've had in a decade.

Asplund?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...