Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

19 minutes ago, Drunkard said:

Per HF boards the Euro contract he signed is only for 1 year and it contains an out clause where it becomes null and void if he signs an NHL contract prior to December 1st.

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Because he isn't opting out of his contract.  He's opting out of Edmonton.  (Unless the Eulers significantly up their offer presumably.)

And, though he's getting less overseas than he would here, he's ensuring he doesn't end up as rusty as Nylander was when he finally signed.  (Though Pulijarvi can only wish he could look that good with the rust showing.)

I guess I just don't see why anyone would want to trade for a player of so little value holding out for a bad contract with a bad team. How good of a deal is Puljujarvi going to be in a trade?

23 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I guess I just don't see why anyone would want to trade for a player of so little value holding out for a bad contract with a bad team. How good of a deal is Puljujarvi going to be in a trade?

I doubt his rights get traded (he's an RFA so he's not currently under contract) but stranger things have happened. Anyone interested in obtaining him is probably betting that Edmonton hampered his development and the classic "change of scenery" would fix him, but I doubt they'd actually offer enough value for him that Edmonton would give up his rights.

Edited by Drunkard

For the sake of speculation, say you wanted Puljujarvis on the team, what prospect/pick deal do you think would get it done? 

Borgen and a 5th?

Pekar and a 2nd?

straight swap for Tage Thompson (feel like this would be the least likely)

For the record I don't want him / think Buffalo is even considering him. Seems to go against that whole "culture" thing they're been failing at building for the past decade.

The prospects challenge is next week, which means we'll finally have something to talk about. This has been a dry off season.

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

Can't see any team giving Holland what he wants for him.  But could see somebody offering a conditional 3rd or a disappointing prospect that shouldn't be as bad as he's looked.

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

They have 8.4 mil in cap space and have to sign Point. That is all of their 8.4mil in cap. 

Then they can trade away some of their lower guys that cost money to Edmonton, Pulujarvi has got to be cheaper than any of them. Or Tampa has some other deal in place once Marner signs - Point signs so they can maneuver around. Adding a rookie contract isn't exactly the hardest thing in the world to do

"And I think Carolina is willing to give them one of their prospects, maybe a guy like Gauthier, but is not so interested in giving the pick. I think Tampa Bay, they've flirted with back and forth, they kinda know which Tampa prospect they might be able to get, but again I think it's a combination of finding the two things that they want: pick + prospect" - Freidman

Edited by WildCard

On 8/29/2019 at 9:47 AM, WildCard said:

Then they can trade away some of their lower guys that cost money to Edmonton, Pulujarvi has got to be cheaper than any of them. Or Tampa has some other deal in place once Marner signs - Point signs so they can maneuver around. Adding a rookie contract isn't exactly the hardest thing in the world to do

A large number of the guys with contracts have NTC/NMC making it hard to trade salary away. Paquette and Coburn in the 1.7mil range are the most expensive guys without NMC they can just trade away. 

Edited by LGR4GM

54 minutes ago, tom webster said:

This again verifies what I’ve been saying. There are trades in place that are contingent on RFA signings. No way Gardiner is still available if he doesn’t have assurances of a contract from two of the three teams listed.

To be fair TW everyone has been saying that ? 

2 hours ago, WildCard said:

I continue to hate Mitch Marner

Why?  It may come back to screw over the sabres with dahlin next contract but right now it appears he is not giving a home town discount or some cap break to a division rival.  I actually love the situation.

2 hours ago, tom webster said:

This again verifies what I’ve been saying. There are trades in place that are contingent on RFA signings. No way Gardiner is still available if he doesn’t have assurances of a contract from two of the three teams listed.

This offseason is definitely a unique one.  I'm not so sure we have any comparable here.  I feel like there's more unsigned RFAs at this point than all of the post-2005 seasons combined.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Derrico said:

Why?  It may come back to screw over the sabres with dahlin next contract but right now it appears he is not giving a home town discount or some cap break to a division rival.  I actually love the situation.

Because he's delaying all of the news and I'm bored. I blame Matthews for setting the precedent of ***** us over with RFA contracts 

I wonder if anyone would like to start a prediction poll as to which of the high-end RFAs are signed in time to start the season...

It seems like at least one will hold out, and it's quite possible that one will be traded.  If so, I hope JB is in the mix.

On 8/28/2019 at 9:20 PM, darksabre said:

Don't think he is holding out for a bad contract, I think he just wants out of Edmonton.   They really did handle him badly, still baffles me they decided to give him English lessons after playing two seasons already.

16 hours ago, Derrico said:

I'd give Dahlin league max and sleep like a baby

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/31/2019 at 3:32 PM, Broken Ankles said:

Max salary is 20% of the upper limit.  With salary cap projections for 2021 of $86m that’s $17.2.   Uh-No thank you.  

After this season you will reconsider. I would give Dahlin 17mil x 8. Best part is he won't ask for that. If he is who I think in terms of his talent, we are talking 8years x 12-14mil. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.