Erik Cernak Suspended Two Games For Concussing Dahlin

Brawndo

6 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Risto will not fight.  He will hit, slash, push  I don’t think I’ve ever seen him drop the gloves 

If you haven't noticed Ristolainen has checked out on this team.  He doesn't shove guys in front of the net, he doesn't hit anyone.  He's not interested in putting himself out there anymore.  He clearly wants to leave and I believe the Sabres want him gone, time will tell if they will have to give him away for nothing.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

mob GIF

2 games? Have zemgus elbow Kucherov. There's no repercussions so why not? Should run vasilevski too. This league is trash. 

I would field a team of habitual line steppers.  Guys that either don't know where the line is it don't care. I want a team that leads the league in suspensions, dirty hits and thuggery. If the league isn't going to clean it up, then play their game. Get guys who want to hurt people. Enough with the choir boys, gimme guys with no teeth. 

giphy (3).gif

Edited by inkman
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Oh there is no doubt, Risto sucks at fighting.... team doesn’t need fighters. It needs character and the threat of a fight if a team takes liberties against.

Yes, Risto can’t really fight but he can hit.  

I do think they need at least one player that can drop them and pound somebody.  That person will also have to be able to play in today’s NHL.   BOGO is not that person.  He is usually willing but you can’t count on him being healthy.  

19 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

pretty standard. I do not believe he is considered a repeat offender so 2 games is standard. next time he does it he gets more (maybe) but that's what the league does. You don't like it, it's not the sport for you I'd say. Skinner can figure skate, but that doesn't mean that's what the game should be.

I'm going to repeat myself. Don't look to the league, look to the locker room to address these things, and if they don't, that tells you all you need to know about our chances of ever winning in the playoffs should we ever get there.

I built the Sabres to police themselves and not to depend on the refs or the league officials   

We better get some physical players to go with the solid core of talent (Eichel, Dahlin, Reinhart, Skinner, etc). The more the better.  Your best players can’t function at their best when they are under attack, they need room.  Eventually you slowly replace the bruisers with young higher level talent.  You do that until you optimize the balance of skill and grit/strength.  

Look at the playoff winners.  You can’t even last long enough to win 16 games without being physically strong ... no matter what the refs call ... anD they always put the whistles away as compared to the regular season. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, spndnchz said:

29F6A079-B584-48C4-A0CE-53579DBD09D9.jpeg

I'm sorry, I quoted this before but had to post again.  This is a 19 year kid, 1st pick overall, future of the franchise, living in a new country, playing like a number 1 pick, getting an elbow to the face (whether legal or not), laying on the ice bleeding, and NO ONE does anything????  F the power play they were on, if they scored on the PP, would that have been been more important than showing some heart and spine.  I'll give up the 2 points to make a fricken' statement.  First Sobotka and now Rasmus.  What will it take for this team  to grow a set.  Look at the picture.  I'm not saying Zemgus is soft, but what about Mitts?   He lives with the guy.  Goons don't win cups, but the lack of guys sticking up for one will never win one..  I've been a Sabres fan since 1970, and I can't take this brand of hockey,  

Edited by Tondas
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Tondas said:

I'm sorry, I quoted this before but had to post again.  This is a 19 year kid, 1st pick overall, future of the franchise, living in a new country, playing like a number 1 pick...

Eh...

This doesn't change how they should have reacted but let's not act like he's Bobby Orr. 

5 minutes ago, inkman said:

Eh...

This doesn't change how they should have reacted but let's not act like he's Bobby Orr. 

OK Ink, but he's a 19 year old kid.  That makes an impression.  Am I on my own or does my team have my back?  Not sure they learn that in Sweden.

Edited by Tondas

14 minutes ago, inkman said:

Eh...

What’s the difference wether he is Booby Orr or Ville Lieno?  They should stick up for one another.  

I don’t buy that all those guys didn’t see it. So what, the aftermath was enough.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, inkman said:

I would field a team of habitual line steppers.  Guys that either don't know where the line is it don't care. I want a team that leads the league in suspensions, dirty hits and thuggery. If the league isn't going to clean it up, then play their game. Get guys who want to hurt people. Enough with the choir boys, gimme guys with no teeth. 

Haha. Imagine if some fans actually believed it was possible to Ice a team in 2019/20 how you described. ? too funny. 

What’s the most Organized barbaric Ice hockey league in the world now a days? If there even is one, It would be interesting to watch a few of those games to see how barbaric and “old school” it truly is. Since we’ll never see a return to 70’s/80’s hockey in the NHL.

i miss Charlie Murphy RIP.

Edited by Zamboni

6 hours ago, Brawndo said:

If the NHL is serious about ending head injuries, two games for a bottom pairing defenseman isn’t going to do it. 

That's the line that gets said a lot: "if the NHL is serious about ending..." and I would say no, they never have been and really aren't. They SAY they are and they don't want law suits and medical bills from the union and such but in reality, they have very little interest in that issue. 

3 hours ago, Pimlach said:

I built the Sabres to police themselves and not to depend on the refs or the league officials   

We better get some physical players to go with the solid core of talent (Eichel, Dahlin, Reinhart, Skinner, etc). The more the better.  Your best player can’t function at their best when they are under attack, theneed room.  Eventually you slowly replace the bruisers with young higher level talent.  You do that until you optimize the balance of skill and grit/strength.  

Look at the playoff winners.  You can’t even last long enough to win 16 games without being physically strong ... no matter what the refs call ... anD they always put the whistles away as compared to the regular season. 

I still remember that first final Punch. We had the most skilled line in hockey at the time in the French Connection but we turned that final back our way for a while when good old Rick Dudley gave those Flyers a does of their own medicine. Scoring line AND checking line with grit in the lower end. It was a balanced team, and if not for superstar goaltending we might have a cup to our name. 

• Like (+1) 1

As much as I hate to say this, the Sabres are getting man handled.

I'm not advocating recklessness; however, when are they going to stand up to teams like TB?

IMO, guys need to start playing a lot heavier brand of hockey. Finishing checks and some nasty might be in order.

It seems like they're getting pushed around, and as long as they keep letting it happen, the word will get out that the Sabres are soft, TB will keep bringing it, and other teams will follow suit.

What's it going to be Sabres? Yes it's a long season and you can't play every game like your in the playoffs but, for now, maybe some playoff hockey for a few weeks might help them break out. Play with some sack boys; instead pulling up and doing drive byes, time to put some stank on it.

Let's Go Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I still remember that first final Punch. We had the most skilled line in hockey at the time in the French Connection but we turned that final back our way for a while when good old Rick Dudley gave those Flyers a does of their own medicine. Scoring line AND checking line with grit in the lower end. It was a balanced team, and if not for superstar goaltending we might have a cup to our name. 

I remember when you told the boys, "Let's go beat those ***** frogs!"

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

We would have won the Cup In 5 years and how different things might have been.  Bernie was the difference.    Look at the Philly series and it’s incomprehensible today that a team could play that kind of a game.  They had enough goons to put put our best in the box and make room for their best.   Montreal beat Philly the next year, ending their run, when the officials at least made attempts to put a stop to their antics.  

3 hours ago, hockeyhound said:

As much as I hate to say this, the Sabres are getting man handled.

I'm not advocating recklessness; however, when are they going to stand up to teams like TB?

IMO, guys need to start playing a lot heavier brand of hockey. Finishing checks and some nasty might be in order.

It seems like they're getting pushed around, and as long as they keep letting it happen, the word will get out that the Sabres are soft, TB will keep bringing it, and other teams will follow suit.

What's it going to be Sabres? Yes it's a long season and you can't play every game like your in the playoffs but, for now, maybe some playoff hockey for a few weeks might help them break out. Play with some sack boys; instead pulling up and doing drive byes, time to put some stank on it.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Yes to all the bold.  Keep in mind Tampa is not even a tough team.  They have been wilting in heavy playoff hockey. 

This team is being constructed wrong.  Forwards that are have to play against?  Maybe Eichel and Skinner but that’s its.

Big defenseman that clear the net?  None.  Ristolainen looks like he quit already.  

14 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Yes to all the bold.  Keep in mind Tampa is not even a tough team.  They have been wilting in heavy playoff hockey. 

This team is being constructed wrong.  Forwards that are have to play against?  Maybe Eichel and Skinner but that’s its.

Big defenseman that clear the net?  None.  Ristolainen looks like he quit already.  

Yeah I’ve played on less physical teams before and there’s nothing better than turning the tables on an even less physical team. Everyone loves laying big hits when they can, the issue with Buffalo is they’re always overmatched. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.