Erik Cernak Suspended Two Games For Concussing Dahlin

Brawndo

42 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Chicago did win 3 cups... 

They also had Bolland, and Keith, and Seabrook, and Bufuglian and bunch of others who held their own, and they also beat beat a softer equally skilled Tampa team in the process.

So, yes, if the Chicago way is to be really skilled and tough, I agree.

Edited by SwampD

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

They also had Bolland, and Keith, and Bufuglian and bunch of others who held their own, and they also beat beat a softer equally skilled Tampa team in the process.

So, yes, if the Chicago way is to be really skilled and tough, I agree.

Exactly. 

We tried to just add toughness in guys like Ott and we sucked. So we added some skill (still not enough) without heart/toughness and we still sucked. Not take those two approaches and put them in a blender. 

Delayed reaction: not surprisingly, the explanation of the suspension put out by the NHL carried more than a whiff of "blame the victim." Paraphrasing: "Cernak had already missed on an attempt to stick check Dahlin. Cernak then saw that Dahlin was about to skate by him and get to the front of the net." The audacity, Rasmus! And then to ram your head into Cernak's elbow!

Two games wasn't quite enough. But Cernak had no history, and it wasn't some rando, retaliatory hit totally away from the play. Maybe it should have been five. Really, what's the difference?

The league just has no sense or self-awareness.

I don’t need to look any farther than the ridiculous spectacle that is the televised lottery - a bunch of suited up white dudes sitting awkwardly on stools waiting for ping pong balls to drop - that’s the NHL’s idea of good prime time viewing.  Bettman is a freaking clown - the NHL succeeds despite itself.  It’s run by absolute morons.

• Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Delayed reaction: not surprisingly, the explanation of the suspension put out by the NHL carried more than a whiff of "blame the victim." Paraphrasing: "Cernak had already missed on an attempt to stick check Dahlin. Cernak then saw that Dahlin was about to skate by him and get to the front of the net." The audacity, Rasmus! And then to ram your head into Cernak's elbow!

Two games wasn't quite enough. But Cernak had no history, and it wasn't some rando, retaliatory hit totally away from the play. Maybe it should have been five. Really, what's the difference?

The dinosaurs just can't do a discipline without partially blaming the victim.  Those old coots got blasted one too many times and dag nabbit, they are gonna make sure everyone else who plays in the NHL is gonna lose the requisite amount of brain cells, teeth and ability to interact with other. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, inkman said:

Well whoopty damn Doo.  I don't care if he was test driving a Yugo, ***** off loser. 

The Yugo was great.  Some of them still rattle around in Yugoslavia.  Tito really had a great thing going on there.  Then he went and died and it all fell apart.

I don't know what power the owners have within the league but if I'm the Pegulas, I'm doing everything I can to spite the league. 

The first thing, I find every available goon and ice them for the remainder of the season. Coach em to finish checks, "play through the whistle" (aka do dirty ***** after the whistle and punch everyone. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, inkman said:

I don't know what power the owners have within the league but if I'm the Pegulas, I'm doing everything I can to spite the league. 

The first thing, I find every available goon and ice them for the remainder of the season. Coach em to finish checks, "play through the whistle" (aka do dirty ***** after the whistle and punch everyone. 

Heck, I might even put money on that team making the playoffs over what we're icing now.

42 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Dahlin is texting coherently. I guess that's a good sign.

He was seen walking out of KBC this AM

1 hour ago, inkman said:

At the very least make sure Wil Borgen spends New Year’s in Buffalo 

Will Borgen?  That is our answer?   Call up a rookie.  

Cernak is listed at 6’4” and 233 lbs.  

He is not even a fighter but we really don’t have anyone to answer.   Maybe Bogo but he had a.chance.  By the next game with Tampa all will be forgotten.  

4 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I get it.  You can target the head of the vulnerable IF his skill beats you.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.