Around the NHL Summer 2019

spndnchz

4 hours ago, Taro T said:

No wonder everybody wants Sam Reinhart on his own line.  That'll keep him in the 70's.  Playing with Eichel all year will have him in the 80's & EXPENSIVE. (No, you don't have to rerun all the analysis of how Sam & Jack don't click.  This year they will. ? )

Add Olofsson being a RFA as well

2 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

He may have slashed official trying to slash Englland.

That has to be it.  I'm pretty sure he did connect with the linesman there and if that's the case, I'm perfectly fine with an ejection.  It's only preseason, there's no point in letting it get too crazy.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Ok, I'm in a class with a guy who is a Hurricanes fan (despite growing up in South Buffalo), and he insists that Carolina is "stacked" with talent and poised to win another Cup.  

He is close to being correct.  They have to be considered a serious contender.  Maybe not one of the 3-4 favorites, but just below that.

14 minutes ago, Curt said:

He is close to being correct.  They have to be considered a serious contender.  Maybe not one of the 3-4 favorites, but just below that.

I think that they are what they are.....a team that will sneak into the playoffs, and can do some damage once in. But I don't think they can win the cup just yet.

Calling that a tackle is laughable.  Kane tripped after the linesman grabbed him.  He's doing his job.  I get the feeling that once Kane watched that replay, he shut up pretty quickly.  It's best to stay quiet and hope the whole thing goes away.  A clear video of a two hand slash across a linesman's thigh is not a good look for any player.

• Like (+1) 1