GDT Nashville at Buffalo 4/2/19 7 PM

Brawndo

7 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

We feel better because they had a loss-“lite” vs embarrassing loss.  Hopefully JBot doesn’t say “look progress”.  Really.  They’ve lost 8 in a row.  Humiliating! 

Hutton agrees with you.  

RJ said “at least they didn’t get booed”.  Talk about moral victories.  

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

We feel better because they had a loss-“lite” vs embarrassing loss.  Hopefully JBot doesn’t say “look progress”.  Really.  They’ve lost 8 in a row.  Humiliating! 

Oh yes, we're still a pathetic team in a terrible season. Housley still needs to go. But for tonight --- we didn't lose 5-1 or 4-0 --- and we looked like we belonged in the same league. And.... we got to 9 pages during the game broadcast. Drinks all around.

Edit: And don't look now, but the Wings are looking to put distance between them and us, if you follow the tank standings. I threatened a friend who is a Wings fan that that final game of the season might just be for 4th-best lottery odds the way the Wings were playing. At this rate, the Wings can rest their starters for that one.

Edited by DarthEbriate
  • Like (+1) 2

I’m just happy this season is ending.  

Really looking forward to Football and the Bills. 

On another tangent I guess.  This dam internet radio keeps playing commercials about “Manscaping”.  Really?  Who the hell is going to do that?   What’s wrong with people?  

2 minutes ago, ... said:

I turned it off at the final horn, did he really say that?

Yes he did.  He said no boos from the home fans tonight. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

On another tangent I guess.  This dam internet radio keeps playing commercials about “Manscaping”.  Really?  Who the hell is going to do that?   What’s wrong with people?  

You can't plant live people in the yard, regardless of gender. That's dangerous, negligent, and quite possibly illegal (depending on local laws and if they die because of the elements or being suffocated).

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

You can't plant live people in the yard, regardless of gender. That's dangerous, negligent, and quite possibly illegal (depending on local laws and if they die because of the elements or being suffocated).

Buddy I have no clue what your talking about. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Buddy I have no clue what your talking about. 

Assuming you weren’t being sarcastic... I’ll try to help you ... 

manscaping

landscaping

think of those two meanings intertwined and read that posters comments again.

if it goes over your head this time ... you need a stilts 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Assuming you weren’t being sarcastic... I’ll try to help you ... 

manscaping

landscaping

think of those two meanings intertwined and read that posters comments again.

if it goes over your head this time ... you need a stilts 

that helped.   Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

I’m just happy this season is ending.  

Really looking forward to Football and the Bills. 

Yes he did.  He said no boos from the home fans tonight. 

You just have a full grown bush? 

Surprisingly good effort. And for all those who scoffed at the Skinner Okposo line idea.........so there.   We finally had some secondary scoring. Eichel was on his game, but unfortunately couldn't do it alone, we are just too talent thin.

Good effort though. If we'd seen this all these past games I wouldn't have lost my optimism. 

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Surprisingly good effort. And for all those who scoffed at the Skinner Okposo line idea.........so there.   We finally had some secondary scoring. Eichel was on his game, but unfortunately couldn't do it alone, we are just too talent thin.

Good effort though. If we'd seen this all these past games I wouldn't have lost my optimism. 

Somebody made fun of the line before puck drop and I nodded in agreement. But they looked like a real second line tonight. 

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I don't think the games are on tape delay though.

They aren't.

4 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

They've gotta have a slight delay (10 seconds or so), though --- in case something horrible horrible happens. It's not truly a live feed. There's enough time for the direction team to adjust the angles, etc., before it comes to us. Is anyone in TV production in our Space?

Their PKers are fresher than our PPers. Some good pressure very early on until a shot from the point with no one in front. And then... less-than-inspired.

They do not have a delay unit for hockey. And usually, if the audio guy hears something like that, he's turning it up.?

It's up to a director to not take a gruesome shot.

3 hours ago, ... said:

Few things are broadcast without some sort of delay.  Usually in the neighborhood of 10-30 seconds.  

It's not that much. Depending where you are it could be as little as a second or 2. If there are several satellite hops and your cable company sucks, it could be 6 or 7 seconds. NHL.TV is another story.

I just got done watching the replay at midnight and I heard it all. Even though there may be iso records of all the individual mics (bench, center ice, blue line, corners, net, etc), there is no way they are doing a remix of the game for those of us that are watching it now. It's just an F-bomb FFS.

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Haven't heard Gary Glitter in a while.

Didn't he do something untoward to minors, so he his music isn't played anymore?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.