GDT Sabres tonight at 7 or 7:08 in Jersey (on TV)

PASabreFan

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Post game interviews start and my wife says, “here come the excuses”. 

I feel bad for subjecting her to this, I apparently deserve to suffer,  but she is innocent. 

For better or worse, man, for better or worse.  If I put Bills and Sabres devotion in my wedding vows, I'd be single today.

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

13 wins in the past 50 games someone said... if true that is mind boggling 

So the Bills signed more free agents than the Sabres won games.  Amazing.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, SDS said:

Because the other team banked a shot off the glass in their own zone and it coincidentally found the net?

Because EN goals against happen so frequently to the Sabres.  Most likely due to their problems with the man advantage pointed out in this thread:  over-handling the puck, lack of offensive possession, inability to hit the net, moving the puck slowly, etc.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Yes, really.  The Jersey announcers even said the penalty on Sobotka shouldn't have been called and initially agreed that Erod was pushed into the goalie, which he clearly was, on the disallowed goal. 

Sobotka is a bum and he had three lazy penalties.  All looked legit.  

The goalie interference call could have gone either way.  

Schnieder is terrible.  He gave up huge rebounds and we were to lazy to crash net and get them.  

We gave up two power play goals to a team that was 3 out of the last 45.  

We had a late PP and mustered 1 SOG. 

This team needs to own their terrible record.  They are moribund.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, jad1 said:

Because EN goals against happen so frequently to the Sabres.  Most likely due to their problems with the man advantage pointed out in this thread:  over-handling the puck, lack of offensive possession, inability to hit the net, moving the puck slowly, etc.

This empty net goal was a clearance off the glass. It was a fluke. 

4 minutes ago, jad1 said:

But you admit there is a trend of the Sabres giving up EN goals?  Right?

When you are down by at least two with four minutes left every game, there is more opportunity for the other team to score.

Dammit Skins, couple of great opportunities on the replays I saw. Was at school, missed all but the last 5 minutes of the game.

Every game I hope for a win, all the while staring at the league standings...………...for the wrong reasons...………...again!!!

I feel dirty hoping for a high draft pick, all while wanting them to win. When will this end?

Just now, SwampD said:

When you are down by at least two with four minutes left every game, there is more opportunity for the other team to score.

Sure, and when you're poor on the man advantage, the other team will score on the EN at higher rate than the league average.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SDS said:

This empty net goal was a clearance off the glass. It was a fluke. 

True in this case.  Our frustration is the lack of possession time when we pull the goalie.  There needs to be more urgency.  We need to have more people on loose pucks.  When you don’t have a goalie then every man needs to understand the importance of possession and fight like mad for the puck. 

27 minutes ago, carpandean said:

14.  They had 17 in their first 25 games.

Also fun:

Just 19 regulation wins in 75 GP ... and 35 regulation losses.

These stats just kill me, literally suck the life right out of me. I watch them just like the rest of ya'll, and I can't even begin to say what's wrong. I just have nothing.

My only question I guess is, how does it come to this some 4 years after we seriously started to jettison the roster? How can a team not find any chemistry, or muster any sustained energy to compete in games to win them? I'm at a loss, every game it's just messed up now.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

These stats just kill me, literally suck the life right out of me. I watch them just like the rest of ya'll, and I can't even begin to say what's wrong. I just have nothing.

My only question I guess is, how does it come to this some 4 years after we seriously started to jettison the roster? How can a team not find any chemistry, or muster any sustained energy to compete in games to win them? I'm at a loss, every game it's just messed up now.

And how does it get better anytime soon? 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

And how does it get better anytime soon? 

Have either of you come to the conclusion that it’s mainly the coaching staffs fault?

If and when you do, the results aren’t that surprising or baffling. I haven’t been “at a loss” as to why we suck most games for about 3-4 months now.

I’m not saying, implying or suggesting the roster is deep. It needs upgrades for sure, but IMO the main Achilles heel night after night is the inept coaching staff. It’s just putrid. 

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Have either of you come to the conclusion that it’s mainly the coaching staffs fault?

If and when you do, the results aren’t that surprising or baffling. I haven’t been “at a loss” as to why we suck most games for about 3-4 months now.

I’m not saying, implying or suggesting the roster is deep. It needs upgrades for sure, but IMO the main Achilles heel night after night is the inept coaching staff. It’s just putrid. 

I don't know honestly what it is, but I am open to all evidence input for any reasoning as to why our team suck hind-tit. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.