GDT Sabres tonight at 7 or 7:08 in Jersey (on TV)

PASabreFan

2 hours ago, JJFIVEOH said:

Thank God the Canes play tomorrow night. 

2 hours ago, Zamboni said:

There’s really no need to troll for a reaction with these kind of posts. You’re better than that bro...

I dunno. At least they're fun to root for, and do weird cellies when they win. 

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Torpedo Forecheck said:

What is most worrisome is the coaching staff has delivered no answers. They can't stop the sinking to the bottom of the Marinas Trench.

We just sink and sink and sink.

I would also add you can say the players are working hard if you want. But, you can see the edge is off their game- they won't sell out for this staff.

Agreed.   On the Devils second goal Nelson did not step in front of the shot to block it.  He did a lazy semi attempt but no sacrifice.  

I dont want want to see him on the team next year. 

• Like (+1) 1

You know what's funny?  Or maybe it's sad.

We beat St. Louis in a shootout on March 17th, and we beat Pittsburgh in OT on March 1st.  

If that pair of games goes the other way around and we lose, we would have now lost our 14th game in a row.

Eliminate our win over Washington on February 23rd and the losing streak would be 19 games.

7 games left; I would genuinely love to see us lose them all.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

We beat St. Louis in a shootout on March 17th, and we beat Pittsburgh in OT on March 1st.  

If that pair of games goes the other way around and we lose, we would have now lost our 14th game in a row.

Eliminate our win over Washington on February 23rd and the losing streak would be 19 games.

That is a scary level of bad that seems almost unprecedented 

9 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Have either of you come to the conclusion that it’s mainly the coaching staffs fault?

If and when you do, the results aren’t that surprising or baffling. I haven’t been “at a loss” as to why we suck most games for about 3-4 months now.

I’m not saying, implying or suggesting the roster is deep. It needs upgrades for sure, but IMO the main Achilles heel night after night is the inept coaching staff. It’s just putrid. 

Thanks Zamboni and God Bless! I've been preaching this for too long. I was happy when they signed Phil as head coach but by the end of his first season, I hated what I saw. I just see an exact continuation of that first season now, even with a slightly improved roster. I don't care about the optics of hiring yet another head coach, I cannot see this team making the playoffs under this coaching staff in the near future. Jbots needs to get busy and hopefully gets a coach with some back bone that won't tolerate mediocre effort and mental mistakes. If he finds one, and we see the same results with no improvement, than this board can call me out on it and I will accept I was wrong on this, but until then I completely agree with you!

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

Regulation wins:

0 in the last 14 GP

1 in the last 19 GP

4 in the last 32 GP

9 in the last 53 GP

19 in the last 75 GP

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, Pimlach said:

I dont want want to see him on the team next year. 

A change of scenery trade might be good for him.  Maybe as a throw-in on a bigger deal.  I think he's okay, at this point a 6/7 kind of guy.  He needs to step further up to earn a regular roster spot.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, carpandean said:

Regulation wins:

0 in the last 14 GP

1 in the last 19 GP

4 in the last 32 GP

9 in the last 53 GP

19 in the last 75 GP

But Progress!

They are better then last year (barely) and entertaining (sometimes)!

Atleast fans can continue doing something they have become used to, cheering losses for another tank!

24 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

But Progress!

They are better then last year (barely) and entertaining (sometimes)!

Atleast fans can continue doing something they have become used to, cheering losses for another tank!

2017-18 vs. 2018-19

First 15 GP: 12 pts vs. 16 pts

Next 10 GP: 4 pts vs. 20 pts

Next 50 GP: 42 pts vs. 35 pts

Final 7 GP: 4 pts vs. TBD pts

They were up 20 pts after 25 GP, but will need 11 pts in 7 GP to have a better final 57 GP.

(ETA) Or, if you like simple numbers to remember:  they had 21 more points in the first half than last year, but need 12 of 14 just to tie the second half.

(I know that you weren't actually suggesting 'progress' as a legitimate excuse, but rather saying that they will.)

Edited by carpandean

Replace the 10 game win streak with a normal amount of points earned over 10 games, so as to adjust for the anomaly of the streak.

Then adjust for this year's team having Dahlin and Skinner with his high goal scoring year.

You are left with a team that is probably right around as wretchedly bad as last year's.

But progress!

5 hours ago, carpandean said:

Regulation wins:

0 in the last 14 GP

1 in the last 19 GP

4 in the last 32 GP

9 in the last 53 GP

19 in the last 75 GP

Because of the win streak we are not going to end up with a horrible point total at the end of year, in the 60s, reminiscent of the tank years.

But your post shows just how f-ing bad this team is.   

1 minute ago, Kruppstahl said:

Replace the 10 game win streak with a normal amount of points earned over 10 games, so as to adjust for the anomaly of the streak.

Then adjust for this year's team having Dahlin and Skinner with his high goal scoring year.

You are left with a team that is probably right around as wretchedly bad as last year's.

But progress!

Do you ever give it a rest?

6 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Take out the outlier of the 10 game streak and you have metrics for what may be the worst team of all time 

Well, there was 2013-14, in which they had just 11 regulation wins (only 14 ROW!) all season and 21 wins total, not to mention 51 regulation losses.  That team takes the cake.

Even 2014-15, with just 14 regulation wins (only 15 ROW!), 23 wins total, and (again) 51 regulation losses, was demonstrably worse than the "ignore the win streak" 2018-19 Sabres.

That said, when not comparing to two of the worst teams ever, this year's team is really, really bad.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.