GDT: Sabres @ Flyers 26 February 2018, 7PM on NBCS

#freejame

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

I'm in heart attack can happen territory Nitro. Since my birth I've been a Sabres fan, I don't have time to wait for draft picks to develop.

I have been a fan since 1970.  I think I will ever see a Cup squad in Buffalo.  Sabres need a veteran NHL front office type who has helped build teams that have competed for the Cup to be a voice behind the scenes.  Botterill is a nice guy but he has not won me over.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

It’s time to start rotating kids from Rochester up to see if they can play.  I need to see Nylander, Olofosson, Borgen, Daugherty, etc..

Waive Sobotka.  Put KO on IR.  

Do something.  At least giving the kids some PT will send a message to the vets and maybe the kids will give this sad bunch some inspiration.

I love PH, but are these guys even trying.  Taylor has them playing in Rochester for the second year straight maybe he can help.  If PH returns Hajt for sure and some others in his staff need to go.

I say leave them in Roch so they can keep playing winning hockey. Why bring them up now to play loser hockey. Sabres are toast, let these sad sacks finish out the season.

Edited by Claude Balls

Just now, Nitro60 said:

I have been a fan since 1970.  I think I will ever see a Cup squad in Buffalo.  Sabres need a veteran NHL front office type who has helped build teams that have competed for the Cup to be a voice behind the scenes.  Botterill is a nice guy but he has not won me over.

I’m right with ya.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Tondas said:

ERod played lights out tonight.  Jack was good.   Everyone else..........................................

Bogo was decent, Dahlin tried hard and had a tough night.  Larry and McCabe had some nominal effort  

Players that flailed about but did not make plays:   Scandy, Girgs, KO, Sheary, Skinner

Then the names I did not hear tonight: Tage, Pommer, Sobotka, Reinhart 

Let’s not forget  Risto.  He finished with his second straight -3 performance and he did it in 5 less minutes than last night.  

Edited by Pimlach

2 minutes ago, Nitro60 said:

They've tried that route a couple of times, too.

Edited by Eleven
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Why subject them to possible injury, possible confidence loss? And for absolutely 0 reason.

I disagree.  Moving from the AHL to the NHL is a huge jump.  The guys are all faster and more skilled. The players and management need to find out if they can compete.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Nitro60 said:

Same here Nitro. Everything you just said.

5 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Bogo was decent, Dahlin tried hard and had a tough night.  Larry and McCabe had some nominal effort  

Players that flailed about but did not make plays:   Scandy, Girgs, KO, Sheary, Skinner

Then the names I did not hear tonight: Tage, Pommer, Sobotka, Reinhart 

Let’s not forget  Risto.  He finished with his second straight -3 performance and he did it in 5 less minutes than last night.  

That's quite an indictment of Pommer, Sobotka and Reinhart since Tage was scratched tonight.  And by no means am I disagreeing with you.

Edited by Tondas
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

It's not that I don't trust Botterill's plan, it is that I don't trust Botterill's decision making.

Start a thread and let’s go over Jbots decisions player by player, move by move.  I think the only truly debatable move is trading ROR. 

I don’t think it’s the plan.  Somehow moves that look right just aren’t translating to wins right now.

16 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I'm in heart attack can happen territory Nitro. Since my birth I've been a Sabres fan, I don't have time to wait for draft picks to develop.

12 minutes ago, Nitro60 said:

Keep taking those vitamins and stick to light beer and you'll be around to see it ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.