GDT: Sabres @ Flyers 26 February 2018, 7PM on NBCS

#freejame

Just now, Carmel Corn said:

It's important to have this to make the playoffs.  IMHO it is absolutely critical to have this to then succeed in the playoffs.

EXACTLY!

Those teams that already have it, in case those that haven't noticed already, do fairly well in the REGULAR SEASON as well...……………………………….just sayin'

Just now, Pimlach said:

So makes some trades because we have no forwards like that in Rochester 

I wish I could.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Scottysabres said:

Beef, Muscle on the boards and down low, in other words, everything Okposo should be but isn't, creates longer puck possession and better opportunities. Other teams have proven this.

Not sure where we are in the league model.  It was speed, then it was muscle (L A. Kings), now it puck movers and speed (or so I thought).  Now we're back to muscle?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Carmel Corn said:

It's important to have this to make the playoffs.  IMHO it is absolutely critical to have this to then succeed in the playoffs.

Agree 100%. The first round of the playoffs is usually some of the most physical hockey of the season. Sabres would get destroyed with this lineup of wet paper towels.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

Can you imagine this ‘Spacer board during a 1998-99 squad? We’d be horrible. And that was a great team. Not dominant. But great. 

At the very least entertaining and guys who busted their ass no question. Effort was never a question with that team.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Not sure where we are in the league model.  It was speed, then it was muscle (L A. Kings), now it puck movers and speed (or so I thought).  Now we're back to muscle?

Yup, muscle with speed. Like the Sharks/Bruins game tonight. Fast and edgy (most likely because the Bruins are up 4-1)

3 minutes ago, eman said:

At the very least entertaining and guys who busted their ass no question. Effort was never a question with that team.

True that. There may not have been a ton of talent (although plenty) but they rarely floated, if ever. 

We’d still tear them apart here. 

Edited by DarthEbriate
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

With the addition of Brandon Montour all we need is a Chris Drury. A second line center who will block pucks with his face and score 25 goals and we will be set. 

Hope your right.   Have not seen the Montour magic yet.   Saw one nice pass.  Saw him get caught out of position for a critical goal. 

How did this team that seemed to know early in the year how to play 60 minutes forget in December and never remember? 

Jbot can’t keep cleaning house.  He’s going to have to ride with most of these guys next year also and sadly unless they becoming willing to work each night this team is doomed.  Doomed I say.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

Would it really kill you to respond when your Captain gets boarded behind the net? Bogo is the only one who ever has the sense to respond

I sense no camaraderie or urgency from this group.  Just sloppy hockey.  Maybe it's just me.

• Like (+1) 3

It's the same story, nearly night after night.

We need to make some significant changes this off season.

While I support this team with everything that burns within me, Botterill has more than just "some work to do". He got Montour, great. He removed ROR, I have to believe there were things behind the scenes there that activated that scenario, so while I don't give it a complete pass, we must move on. Risto has to go, as much as it saddens me, he has to be moved this off season. We need upgrades at just about every defensive position, we need beef on the wings, we need a center spine that can roll, we need another 2 wingers to compliment that center spine, we need better coaching, we need better Power Play coaching, we need a better water boy for christs sake, hell, we even need to replace the anthem singer...……………………

Somewhere, there is a meeting of the Hockey Gods! Oh Gordie Howe and your disciples here my plea. Send the Buffalo Sabres one individual in management, just one, with a freaking brain...……………………………………………..all praise be to the hit trick...……………..Gordie Howe be thy name...…………………………...SCORES!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.