GDT: Sabres @ Flyers 26 February 2018, 7PM on NBCS

#freejame

1 minute ago, Indabuff said:

Keep taking those vitamins and stick to light beer and you'll be around to see it ?

I'm 57 and tried the vitamins and light beer for 49 years.  I'm going with Bourbon and cigars now.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

It took awhile but I finally reached the point of publicly saying we won’t make the playoffs this year.  

Why is this so hard when other teams seemingly are locked into it?  TPegs bold promises of Hockey Heaven was many years ago ...  Reiger, Rolston, LaFontaine, Murray, Tanking, Nolan, Disco Dan, now Botterill and Phil.   Are these the guys? 

29 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Imagine if we keep ROR, traded for a 3rd line center last summer?  So far JBots has fielded 2 stinkers.  Pressure will be on next year.  

Tim Murray had the shortest stint as a manager in Buffalo Sabres history at three years. Firing a GM after three years is not a routine occurrence. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Pimlach said:

It took awhile but I finally reached the point of publicly saying we won’t make the playoffs this year.  

Why is this so hard when other teams seemingly are locked into it?  TPegs bold promises of Hockey Heaven was many years ago ...  Reiger, Rolston, LaFontaine, Murray, Tanking, Nolan, Disco Dan, now Botterill and Phil.   Are these the guys? 

We are truly hockey hell

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Jacque Richard said:

And their smallest guy takes a run at dahlin.  

Sabres don’t have anyone who will keep the opponent straight. 

You claim to have never seen a team not make a body check. Apparently the Sabres did that 20 times this game, only five less than Philadelphia. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

We had the lead in hits after 2 periods, we played a terrible uninspired 3rd. 

We’re they love taps

Just now, SDS said:

You claim to have never seen a team not make a body check. Apparently the Sabres did that 20 times this game, only five less than Philadelphia. 

This team is not a physical team. Hockey is a physical game.

1 minute ago, Jacque Richard said:

This team is not a physical team. Hockey is a physical game.

Agree and add:  This team is not a passionate/gritty team. Hockey is a passionate/gritty game.

1 minute ago, Jacque Richard said:

What kind hits do they deliver. There is Korab, schoenfeld, Tracey Pratt or fogolin 

Got to love the Tracy Pratt reference.  Let's not forget Larry Hillman and Al Hamilton.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Of the top 10 players in the NHL, how many hang their hat on physicality? I don't think a single one does. 

As always, there is a difference in willingness and ability to win board battles and throwing body checks. The former matters, the latter is just something that entertains. 

I whole heartedly disagree with this. For all the BS that Sidney Crisbey gets, he is one of the more physical players in the game.

He hits, gets hit, and still make the play. His game is all about physicality.

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I whole heartedly disagree with this. For all the BS that Sidney Crisbey gets, he is one of the more physical players in the game.

Not to mention one of the best/hardest hitters in the game is leading the league in goals this year.

4 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Sidney Crosby currently ranks 208th in the league in hits with 71. Or barely more than 1 per game. 

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

It gets tiresome stating that hits are a tiny part of playing physical hockey.

Huh? So we agree? Because I totally agree. But you said Crosby hits, which is simply not true. I agree he plays a physical game by going to the net and engaging in battles along the boards. But board battles are what people are yammering about tonight, they're carrying on about checking. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.