GDT: Sabres @ Flyers 26 February 2018, 7PM on NBCS

#freejame

1 minute ago, eman said:

Pat LaFontaine was right. He wasn't on board with that and he walked. LaFontaine was absolutely correct. We're wasting Jack and perhaps Reino. I cannot seriously see playoffs for at least another 2 years. 

Didn't work for the Oilers either. 

1 minute ago, eman said:

Pat LaFontaine was right. He wasn't on board with that and he walked. LaFontaine was absolutely correct. We're wasting Jack and perhaps Reino. I cannot seriously see playoffs for at least another 2 years. 

They need to invent a "thumbs up" type thingy that means I agree with what you say, but I can't give it a thumbs up because it hurts my soul.

If you want to know why the Sabres are a bad team?  Look at the past decade of drafting.  So many premium draft picks that did not pan out or where traded away.  This organization has to get way better at scouting talent and figure out what kind of team they want and have a long term plan (no matter the head coach).  This team can not be built on cast offs, low level free agents and the occasional trade.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Berg said:

We didn’t even have to keep the puck ... how with this game you can win..

This is what happens when the players on the roster just are not suited to play together. Any coach can be perceived to be successful, if their roster's chemistry comes together. We don't have the players. We have a few great players, and the rest are crap unfortunately.

Just now, Tondas said:

They need to invent a "thumbs up" type thingy that means I agree with what you say, but I can't give it a thumbs up because it hurts my soul.

I hear you. I am in my 50's and remember both Cup Finals. Long suffering fan who would love to see a seriously competitive Sabres club again. Not sure when that will happen. Nice to be optimistic about next season but we have been doing that for far too long now. Time for the GM to show me before I buy into more blind "optimism". If you watch other games in the league right now as they jockey for playoff positioning, we are so far off that, that I can just take a  wait and see attitude now. Not expecting much change and I fear coaching is playing a huge role here.

• Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

There is absolutely nothing that says we will make it next year.  There is just not enough progress.  

Not enough sack on this roster either. Botts seriously needs to bring in a few thumpers. I would love a Tom Wilson type of player on this team. 20 goal scorer who will take care of business on the ice as needed. And how many games did he miss to start the season? Guy might be sniffing 30 goals if he played all season.

Edited by Claude Balls
  • Like (+1) 1

It’s time to start rotating kids from Rochester up to see if they can play.  I need to see Nylander, Olofosson, Borgen, Daugherty, etc..

Waive Sobotka.  Put KO on IR.  

Do something.  At least giving the kids some PT will send a message to the vets and maybe the kids will give this sad bunch some inspiration.

I love PH, but are these guys even trying.  Taylor has them playing in Rochester for the second year straight maybe he can help.  If PH returns Hajt for sure and some others in his staff need to go.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Nitro60 said:

If you want to know why the Sabres are a bad team?  Look at the past decade of drafting.  So many premium draft picks that did not pan out or where traded away.  This organization has to get way better at scouting talent and figure out what kind of team they want and have a long term plan (no matter the head coach).  This team can not be built on cast offs, low level free agents and the occasional trade.

I'm in heart attack can happen territory Nitro. Since my birth I've been a Sabres fan, I don't have time to wait for draft picks to develop.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

It’s time to start rotating kids from Rochester up to see if they can play.  I need to see Nylander, Olofosson, Borgen, Daugherty, etc..

Waive Sobotka.  Put KO on IR.  

Do something.  At least giving the kids some PT will send a message to the vets and maybe the kids will give this sad bunch some inspiration.

I love PH, but are these guys even trying.  Taylor has them playing in Rochester for the second year straight maybe he can help.  If PH returns Hart and his staff need some change.

What? Why?

Don't subject those yount'ens to this disaster, please, just don't.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.