GDT Montreal Canadiens vs Buffalo Sabres 7:30pm ET 11/8/18

Andrew Amerk

5 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I don't know what it means, but I hope they do.

You do know what it means.  It means 2005-06 and 2006-07 and 2009-10.  It means winning divisions and playoff games and kicking ass.  

It means Conference Finals in 1975 and 1980 and 1998 and 1999 and 2006 and 2007.  

It means scoring the sh$t out of everyone.  It means a 7-6 win over Ottawa.

It means Schony and Hasek and Lindy and Gil.

It means awesome.

1 minute ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I hope this ridiculous game has earned me another GDT. 

You're on.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

So do I but I just can't let this one go!  It's going to be a little bit before I can doze off.

Do a little bit of the Risto celebration thing.  That always helped me sleep.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

And I'm not worried about the sloppiness of the game - the Sabres are not a super clean defensive team, but they're middle of the pack, and Montreal is going to expose lots of teams with that skating speed. It's nice to get 4 points from them this early in the season. 

Just now, JujuFish said:

It's been over 6 and a half years (Apr 3, '12, 6-5 over TOR) since we last won a game in which we gave up 5 goals. Man, does it feel good!

That game was crazy, it had the Leopold 30 second scrum goal!

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Come to the meetup game.  Your first one's on me.  The next twelve are on @darksabre

It’s unlikely this season — it’s a bit of a jaunt from the west coast. But I have half a mind to make it one of these years. Never made it to a Sabres home game. 

And deal on the first. 12 might get a little rough. 

Fun game.  A lot of bad hockey, but fun game & a W too.

Wondering if playing in Moe-ray-all for the 1st time as a pro weighed heavy on Dahlin.  He had a lot more pucks get away from him over the 1st 30 minutes than I've seen in any other full game.  Heck it might have been more than the last 10 games combined.

And was it Hutton going in that settled them down, or just the Habs being the Habs & not being able to score in the 3rd?  Either way, fun W.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.