Eichel Named Captain

sabills

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Actually, I think they said on the broadcast that there were a series of meetings.

One thing I'm especially pleased with is the realignment of the defense.  Bogo's return brings another "rough and tumble" guy into the defensive corps (along with McCabe and Risto), and Bogo's probably the roughest and tumblest of them all.

I am a bit surprised that Nelson is playing over Beaulieu though.

2 thoughts on that:

1. As others mentioned, he may still not be able to bend that elbow; &

2. As Housley was shaking up all the lines / pairings, & with Dahlin looking the part of rookie in those 2 losses, getting Dahlin onto the 3rd pairing where he presumably is going against weaker players was a good thing for his development at this stage (especially when giving him top PP duty shows that management still believes in him), having him paired w/ Nelson is better than pairing him w/ Beaulieu as his shortcomings are more complementary to Dahlin's than Natan's are.  Dahlin's supposed to be the offensive minded half of a pairing, he can't do that without overthinking if Beaulieu is his partner & only 1 brainfart away from an odd man rush against.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

Thing I heard on Beaulieu is that he seems to make the same mistakes.  That was evident on many occasions last year.  Nelson is a good stay-at-home dman which complements Dalin's unique offensive skillset.

Beaulieu has been a lot better this year keeping things simple... that being said his arm is probably hurt from that shot he blocked late against the Kings.

19 hours ago, Ripper said:

Thing I heard on Beaulieu is that he seems to make the same mistakes.  That was evident on many occasions last year.  Nelson is a good stay-at-home dman which complements Dalin's unique offensive skillset.

Nelson is a stay at home defenseman?

Yea, kinda thought so.  He averages a shot per game and I remember reading on DBB  that he was a stay at home dman (although the read was some time ago).  Seems like if he's now paired with Darlin that he would be more the safety than Rasmus.  What do you think - Ink?

It's evident that Kane was well liked by his teammates.   However, I don't think he was willing to sign long term in Buffalo?    

Also, +1 to Evander for keeping his nose clean the past few years.    He hasn't been a distraction in SJ and from all accounts is a model teammate.     Good on him for maturing and figuring out how to be a quality professional on and off the ice.    I wish him well.

• Like (+1) 2

Apparently there were never serious talks between Kane's agent and the Sabres.  I think JBot understood what Kaner's value on the FA market would be and didn't feel like he wanted to match it, so he just traded him at the deadline.  I'm not sure I agree, but then again there are a lot of FA signings coming up for the Sabres and JBot no doubt has his plans.  If he pays 7x7 for Skinner though, he probably could have kept Kane.  Now that we have Skinner, I think I'd rather have him, but then again he still has that new car smell.

Am I the only person on the planet that hates that 'new car smell'?  I mean, what the heck is it anyway?  A whole pile of chemical off-gas.

7 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Apparently there were never serious talks between Kane's agent and the Sabres.  I think JBot understood what Kaner's value on the FA market would be and didn't feel like he wanted to match it, so he just traded him at the deadline.  I'm not sure I agree, but then again there are a lot of FA signings coming up for the Sabres and JBot no doubt has his plans.  If he pays 7x7 for Skinner though, he probably could have kept Kane.  Now that we have Skinner, I think I'd rather have him, but then again he still has that new car smell.

4 hours ago, WildCard said:

Kane telling Eichel how he feels about him getting the 'C'

Am I the only one who thinks Kane was joking that HE (Evander) should’ve gotten a letter two years ago, not Eichel?

Edit: upon further review I’m 98% sure this is the case. Kane says the jersey is his and they just switched the nameplate. Eichel responds saying they also put a letter on Kane’s jersey. Kane says they should’ve done that two years ago. If he had just said a year ago maybe but two years clarifies a time when Kane was there the entire time.

Edited by Hoss

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

Am I the only one who thinks Kane was joking that HE (Evander) should’ve gotten a letter two years ago, not Eichel?

Edit: upon further review I’m 98% sure this is the case. Kane says the jersey is his and they just switched the nameplate. Eichel responds saying they also put a letter on Kane’s jersey. Kane says they should’ve done that two years ago. If he had just said a year ago maybe but two years clarifies a time when Kane was there the entire time.

Yeah I think you're right with this. Kane is much more the fun guy to talk sht/rib you and that would be more up his alley 

16 hours ago, Hoss said:

Looking at Twitter now it appears there are many others who feel the same. As I clarified before you quoted I’m very sure he meant himself, not Eichel.

I don't feel that way.  I think he thinks it should have been Jack.

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 months later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.