Canceled Practice

WildCard

37 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

I'm not saying I have any answers. 

My point then and now is that it's not wise for the last place team to cancel a practice 2 days before the opener.  

The proof is in the pudding.

So you're happy with their game tonight?  Nothing they need to work on... say... in PRACTICE!?

You're off your nut if you think that one skipped practice is the problem.

New guys just seemed out of synch as game got faster, especially back on D as well as Bergland Sheary line... Beaulieu was a turnover machine in the offensive zone.  Yeh a full on scrimmage practice is needed with stops and starts.  How soon till Chris Taylor in new head coach.

In the grand scheme of things, one skipped practice shouldn't result in that poor showing.   To me it symbolizes everything that's wrong with this franchise.  Everybody is just too nice to each other.. too apologetic.   No accountability.

But hey, they all seem to really like each other and probably had fun goofing off on Tuesday.   So that's nice.

They've collectively lost sight of what the entire point of the game is.. winning.   It's not about making friends or making sure everybody is communicating, or being in shape or eating right or saying the right things.  None of that matters if your not willing to run through a wall for your coach... Going above and beyond what's expected of you.   It doesnt seem like anybody in this organization is willing to over extend themselves to make a difference, they're just happy to collecting Pegula bucks and living a nice comfy cozy life.

Edited by pi2000
  • Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, pi2000 said:

In the grand scheme of things, one skipped practice shouldn't result in that poor showing.   To me it symbolizes everything that's wrong with this franchise.  Everybody is just too nice to each other.. too apologetic.   No accountability.

But hey, they all seem to really like each other and probably had fun goofing off on Tuesday.   So that's nice.

They've collectively lost sight of what the entire point of the game is.. winning.   It's not about making friends or making sure everybody is communicating, or being in shape or eating right or saying the right things.  None of that matters if your not willing to run through a wall for your coach... Going above and beyond what's expected of you.   It doesnt seem like anybody in this organization is willing to over extend themselves to make a difference, they're just happy to collecting Pegula bucks and living a nice comfy cozy life.

Yup. They've had back to back milquetoast coaches and the team reflects that in their playing. They are friends playing beer league 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Now this makes much more sense.

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Yup. They've had back to back milquetoast coaches and the team reflects that in their playing. They are friends playing beer league 

I was thinking this last night when I saw all of them reaching for pucks when a little body contact was right there to slow the opponent down. They play like it's a no-checking beer league, like it's Da Beauty League. 

It's not good enough. 

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Yeah, they play on the perimeter like I do- a 140 pound girl with questionable skating skills trying not to get slammed in D level beer league, not a 6' something physically fit NHLer who's been playing hockey their whole damn life... 

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

I think there's something to your post, but, for the reasons posted in the GDT, I don't think this team is lacking the influence of, say, a Teddy Nolan.  

I think a Mike Peca on the bench would have a much greater effect than a Ted Nolan behind it. 

I'm coming around to taking a non-neutral stance on Phil, but I'm having trouble not looking to the players as well. Jack specifically. His effort was tragically poor last night for a guy wearing the C now. 

Just now, darksabre said:

I think a Mike Peca on the bench would have a much greater effect than a Ted Nolan behind it. 

I'm coming around to taking a non-neutral stance on Phil, but I'm having trouble not looking to the players as well. Jack specifically. His effort was tragically poor last night for a guy wearing the C now. 

More than fair. This is Eichel's team now. 

And speaking of coming to a non-neutral view of Housley: The same process is ongoing for me with respect to Eichel.

I continue to fear that he's one of those players who was so good for so long among his peers that he lacks the foundation needed to find yet another gear -- something that will enable him to take his game to the next level. 

I can only hope that he can get it sorted out, given the contract he signed.

7 hours ago, pi2000 said:

You'd save yourself a lot of arguing if you'd articulate your positions like this in the first place. 

8 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

And speaking of coming to a non-neutral view of Housley: The same process is ongoing for me with respect to Eichel.

I continue to fear that he's one of those players who was so good for so long among his peers that he lacks the foundation needed to find yet another gear -- something that will enable him to take his game to the next level. 

I'm more worried about Housley than I am about Eichel, but I still wonder whether Eichel is the right guy to wear a C.  And the team is missing O'Reilly's "Drury-ness."  

13 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I'm right there with you on Eichel. I mentioned in the GDT that last night was the first night I've allowed myself to feel a little sour about Jack. I've been patient because I know he is still growing as a player, but I feel like he's been in the league long enough now that I'm reaching the end of that grace period.

I need to see him do the kinds of things Bergeron or Giroux do on a nightly basis. It's high time for him to be a complete player. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I'm right there with you on Eichel. I mentioned in the GDT that last night was the first night I've allowed myself to feel a little sour about Jack. I've been patient because I know he is still growing as a player, but I feel like he's been in the league long enough now that I'm reaching the end of that grace period.

I need to see him do the kinds of things Bergeron or Giroux do on a nightly basis. It's high time for him to be a complete player. 

The young player excuse ended when he started making top money this season. They jettisoned O'Reilly for a bunch of depth and handed Eichel the reigns. It's time for him to step up.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I think there's something to your post, but, for the reasons posted in the GDT, I don't think this team is lacking the influence of, say, a Teddy Nolan.  

That is why a guy like Chris Taylor interests me... Someone with some skill but played a relentless game.  Seems to be a positive guy that is always pushing. Housley seems like too much of a sour puss on the bench.  Good teacher, just not a motivator...

Housley and his Vanek face needs to figure out how to motivate these guys. Chris Taylor intriques me, a talented but tough player, who seems to positively know how to push players.  If last nights game continues Housley will need to go.  Too much talent here to lay an egg that bad.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.