Donald J Trump, your thoughts on his Presidency

LGR4GM

The border situation is so fluid at the moment that I'm barely paying attention to it until something happens.  Right now it's all FUD.

The only thing certain is that there are a group of people moving towards the border of the United States.

I think it's painfully obvious that a migrant caravan of 1,000 people is not going to enter the US illegally.  Illegal immigrants do not enter the US that way.  I also doubt 1,000 people are going to be able to claim political asylum or any other protected status and gain entry.

Sessions out.  Rosenstien set aside (reports are he has already or will resign by the end of the week).  Acting AG a real unqualified partisan price of work... this is what did Nixon in (well, and the indictments we never got to see).  I have no faith it’ll work the same way this time.  

7 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Mitt Romney is already saying he will protect the special prosecutor. So there is some resistance from inside the GOP against this obvious move to obstruct justice. If that acting AG tries to use his office to cover up a crime, he will go to jail, too. 

Saying and doing are different things

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alkoholist said:

Yep. Lindsey Graham had lots of tough talk for Trump as well but I've yet to see him stand up to him on anything meaningful. Maybe we will if Trump tries to fire Mueller though.

The only Republicans that will go against trump will be ones that are retiring from politics. Just like we have seen happen the past 2 years

25 minutes ago, drnkirishone said:

The only Republicans that will go against trump will be ones that are retiring from politics. Just like we have seen happen the past 2 years

I think a savvy Republican and Presidential hopeful (does Romney want to try again?) would try to get ahead of the GOP a little if they perceive that the party is in trouble politically. Someone like Romney could easily set the stage for himself as a "moderate" Republican in 2020 if they think Trump/Pence/et al are in big doo doo. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Weave said:

So, the same day the caravan reaches the border, the President announces that he is drawing down the troops.  LOL.  It never was about immigration.  PT Barnum never had this much game.  Too bad it backfired on him.

Not.

His entire Presidency has been a colossal waste of time and money. He just spends and spends on frivolous nonsense. 

Wait until you read his Kashoggi murder denial that's sounds like a 6th grade wrote and isn't based on any facts and is basically 2 pages of lies. 

Trump should be impeached. He's unfit to be President. He's the worst president in modern history bar none. He's tank level sabres bad compared to the next guy. 

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 2:28 PM, LGR4GM said:

Wait until you read his Kashoggi murder denial that's sounds like a 6th grade wrote and isn't based on any facts and is basically 2 pages of lies. 

Trump should be impeached. He's unfit to be President. He's the worst president in modern history bar none. He's tank level sabres bad compared to the next guy. 

Impeaching him would be the absolute stupidest thing the Democrats could possibly do in the House. He won't get removed from office (good luck getting 2/3 of the Senate to vote to remove him when more than half of them are GOP members) and it would only serve to galvanize his base for the 2020 elections.

On 11/21/2018 at 3:28 PM, Alkoholist said:

Impeaching him would be the absolute stupidest thing the Democrats could possibly do in the House. He won't get removed from office (good luck getting 2/3 of the Senate to vote to remove him when more than half of them are GOP members) and it would only serve to galvanize his base for the 2020 elections.

You are correct. But you're also speaking of a legislative body that likely will be stupid enough to elect Nancy Pelosi as Speaker again.

In any event, he should be removed because he is mentally unfit, and not because of his crimes (oh, and I'm betting there are some big ones).

Apologies on the length of this post.

If you appeal to the emotions of the many (fear and anger) you can manipulate them into favoring conflict. Now enter Kashoogi. What exactly do people expect Trump or any President to do? Nothing, hence neither side offering a solution but only identifying their perceived mishandling of the situation. 

How does this tie to the past? Archduke Ferdinand Is murdered which lights the powder keg orchestrated through militarization lead by the one family ruling over the European powers. Kashoogi was not a world leader but factor in public emotion.

Public emotion is not derived from the individuals analysis but our desire for MSM to do the analysis hence telling us what to think about a situation. We deny this happens because our egos make it difficult to admit we were manipulated.

Some people voted for Trump out of anger. Some people voted for Hillary because they wanted to see the first woman president. Both sides have small minded people. Nothing has changed in two years. People still love Trump because MAGA. Some hate him because the news tells them to. I am confident in this because both regurgitate what the t.v. told them when asked why.

My questions are as follows:

1. If Hillary won where would we be in terms of world conflict and why?

2. How do you think Trump should handle the Kashoogi issue and what are the second/third order affects?

3. Did Ivanka communicate classified information via a platform not directed? Did Hillary? Do you think MSM just recently found this out or is the publishing of it preemptive to perceived judicial action?

4. What is your knowledge on the subject to make the assessment? How many resources did you use to make the assessment? What analysis on the resources have you done?

7 hours ago, RambosKnife said:

Apologies on the length of this post.

If you appeal to the emotions of the many (fear and anger) you can manipulate them into favoring conflict. Now enter Kashoogi. What exactly do people expect Trump or any President to do? Nothing, hence neither side offering a solution but only identifying their perceived mishandling of the situation. 

How does this tie to the past? Archduke Ferdinand Is murdered which lights the powder keg orchestrated through militarization lead by the one family ruling over the European powers. Kashoogi was not a world leader but factor in public emotion.

Public emotion is not derived from the individuals analysis but our desire for MSM to do the analysis hence telling us what to think about a situation. We deny this happens because our egos make it difficult to admit we were manipulated.

Some people voted for Trump out of anger. Some people voted for Hillary because they wanted to see the first woman president. Both sides have small minded people. Nothing has changed in two years. People still love Trump because MAGA. Some hate him because the news tells them to. I am confident in this because both regurgitate what the t.v. told them when asked why.

My questions are as follows:

1. If Hillary won where would we be in terms of world conflict and why?

2. How do you think Trump should handle the Kashoogi issue and what are the second/third order affects?

3. Did Ivanka communicate classified information via a platform not directed? Did Hillary? Do you think MSM just recently found this out or is the publishing of it preemptive to perceived judicial action?

4. What is your knowledge on the subject to make the assessment? How many resources did you use to make the assessment? What analysis on the resources have you done?

1.   I think we'd be at war somewhere, which is one reason why I couldn't vote for her.  As for "why," well, just a hunch, I guess.

2.  Public censure would be enough to embarrass the Sauds without causing collateral effects.  

3.  We don't know the answers to these questions.

4.  1 is just a hunch, as I said.  2 is common sense, so my resource is my brain.  I had no answer to 3.  I have not self-analyzed the resource that I used, but my grief counselor things I'm doing fine.

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

1.   I think we'd be at war somewhere, which is one reason why I couldn't vote for her.  As for "why," well, just a hunch, I guess.

2.  Public censure would be enough to embarrass the Sauds without causing collateral effects.  

3.  We don't know the answers to these questions.

4.  1 is just a hunch, as I said.  2 is common sense, so my resource is my brain.  I had no answer to 3.  I have not self-analyzed the resource that I used, but my grief counselor things I'm doing fine.

1. Agreed. 

2. Disagree. When you have the oil fields you can afford CNNs second rate reporting.

3. Half true. Hillary did have classified material on a personal server. I do not know if the server was rated for the classification and if the infrastructure was cleared. Ivanka’s issue is developing. Until we know what information was communicated it is too early to go either way. Last sentence is very important.

4. 2 Is not common sense. I believe you are referring to world opinion and it’s affect on geopolitical support. Therefore you are providing your answer on historical reference. Bravo. 

If you care to do so, grab an article from a U.S. left leaning and right leaning media outlet. Do the same for a foreign article on the same topic. Circle what information is the same and underline differences in cause/effect. You will notice the spin we all know exists but now it is in plain sight. You may also see the echo chamber affect.

10 minutes ago, RambosKnife said:

1. Agreed. 

2. Disagree. When you have the oil fields you can afford CNNs second rate reporting.

3. Half true. Hillary did have classified material on a personal server. I do not know if the server was rated for the classification and if the infrastructure was cleared. Ivanka’s issue is developing. Until we know what information was communicated it is too early to go either way. Last sentence is very important.

4. 2 Is not common sense. I believe you are referring to world opinion and it’s affect on geopolitical support. Therefore you are providing your answer on historical reference. Bravo. 

If you care to do so, grab an article from a U.S. left leaning and right leaning media outlet. Do the same for a foreign article on the same topic. Circle what information is the same and underline differences in cause/effect. You will notice the spin we all know exists but now it is in plain sight. You may also see the echo chamber affect.

2 absolutely is common sense.  If the president were to publicly censure the Sauds, it would embarrass them but have no ill collateral effects.  Why he hasn't spoken up is a mystery.

3--we've basically agreed, although you took a few more words to get there.

As to the last paragraph, please don't condescend and presume that I don't consume a variety of news media.  I read BBC's website and WSJ almost daily.  I'm perfectly aware of spin, thank you.

Edited by Eleven

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

2 absolutely is common sense.  If the president were to publicly censure the Sauds, it would embarrass them but have no ill collateral effect.  Why he hasn't spoken up is a mystery.

3--we've basically agreed, although you took a few more words to get there.

As to the last paragraph, please don't condescend and presume that I don't consume a variety of news media.  I read BBC's website and WSJ almost daily.  I'm perfectly aware of spin, thank you.

Cmon man what are you talking about? 

read 2 again. I was saying your point is backed by precedence. I don’t have an answer to the problem because Im not privy to the inside details.

For 3 you said we don’t have the answers. We have some answers but not all. Hence why I used more words.

The last paragraph you went to outer space with. To clarify It was meant as something that could actually be fun if your into that sort of thing. Somehow you took it as an attack.

1 minute ago, RambosKnife said:

Cmon man what are you talking about? 

read 2 again. I was saying your point is backed by precedence. I don’t have an answer to the problem because Im not privy to the inside details.

For 3 you said we don’t have the answers. We have some answers but not all. Hence why I used more words.

The last paragraph you went to outer space with. To clarify It was meant as something that could actually be fun if your into that sort of thing. Somehow you took it as an attack.

I'll trust you on that last bit and retract.  I'm off to watch some soccer--I'll check back on your 2A post later (or tomorrow)--have a good one.

The whole MSM thing is really bugging me lately.

I've begun looking for news sources that have no real basis in the US to see how things differ.  Of course I'm not sure that the same public mind manipulation isn't being utilized in every media market.  Certainly not so much left vs. right as in the US but more pro/anti US.