Official Trade Tracker Summer 2018

Brawndo

Pretty good day for Doug Wilson. He gets rid of Mikkel Boedker and trades a 6th round pick in exchange for a 2nd, a 4th and two 5th round picks, plus $4 million in cap space and $6 million in real salary savings. #sjsharks

I would note this tweet ignores the decent defensive prospect they gave up too. 

Edited by Skurk Liger

Ottawa probably didn't want to trade Hoffman within the division, so San Jose did it for them.  Love this deal for the Sharks.  Yeah they had to give up a solid D prospect, but they got a boatload of draft capital and cleared a bunch of cap. 

Can't wait for the Sabres to make some deals.  I like the Fasching deal, but this has me hungry for more!

I can't tell if Ottawa or Florida is dumber. 

Nice. Prospects aside, Ottawa eats a big salary dump to get Hoffman away from them in the West, then SJ turns right around and dumps Hoffman and his salary back into the Northeast Division.

1. Dale Tallon says Ottawa contacted him last week about acquiring Mike Hoffman but the price was too high. Then San Jose phoned him last night.

Direct message

Ottawa was interested in making a trade involving players with Florida, according to Dale Tallon. He never offered the package of picks to the #sens that he ended up sending to San Jose.

Edited by Skurk Liger

San Jose wants cap space.

Ottawa needs players.

Florida doesn't want to give up players.

That's how it works.  Perfect.  If Hoffman proves to not be toxic in Florida then it's a good add for them.

I can't tell if Ottawa or Florida is dumber. 

1. Dale Tallon says Ottawa contacted him last week about acquiring Mike Hoffman but the price was too high. Then San Jose phoned him last night.

Direct message

Ottawa was interested in making a trade involving players with Florida, according to Dale Tallon. He never offered the package of picks to the #sens that he ended up sending to San Jose.

I can't believe how perfectly it worked out.  San Jose probably could not believe it either.

Who thinks Moulson goes to Ottawa so they can hit the salary floor?

This sounds about right

What's going on with Moulson? Is he ours still? Did we trade or loan him to the Kings?

Still Sabres Property, probably will be a salary cap dump for some team as Chz mentioned

The 11th commandment that broke off the other stone tablets: "Thou shalt not trade within thy own division"

Kinda bummed that the 3 best recent and current trading partners in the NHL are in our own division.  Montreal, Florida, and Ottawa.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.