Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Still would love to see the goathead as an alternate jersey ?

Same. My hope is that the team gets a free will for the 50th like other teams have for their 50th/100th.

This is my master plan:

- Unveil new royal home and away sweaters. Not a straight rip of the classics but a clean look with a modernized feel. NO block numbers (the slug don’t was great, actually).

- Unveil two throwback alternates: the black goathead and the original road whites.

- Rochester plays a couple games in Buffalo and wears the bottle cap throwbacks (or Sabres could wear these for a Winter Classic game)

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

Same. My hope is that the team gets a free will for the 50th like other teams have for their 50th/100th.

This is my master plan:

- Unveil new royal home and away sweaters. Not a straight rip of the classics but a clean look with a modernized feel. NO block numbers (the slug don’t was great, actually).

- Unveil two throwback alternates: the black goathead and the original road whites.

- Rochester plays a couple games in Buffalo and wears the bottle cap throwbacks (or Sabres could wear these for a Winter Classic game)

You are going to see every Jersey the Sabres have ver worn during the 50th Anniversary. They will end up with the royal blue in the end as permanents

56 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

You are going to see every Jersey the Sabres have ver worn during the 50th Anniversary. They will end up with the royal blue in the end as permanents

You've stated this often, and very believably.  Thanks.

The Q is, when they're rolling through 70's & 80's vintage will they start w/ no shoulder patches & then add them later?  (Suppose same q about minor mods to socks & trim towards the sweater bottom could  also be asked.)

Quite certain they won't roll through the random logos that started showing up in the (skater) Housley era when they went discount on the seamstress budgets as the "official" logo never varied during the early '80's though what they'd actually wear varied significantly.

Edited by Taro T

I don’t think they’ll wear EVERY jersey. At least not as obnoxiously specific as Taro got.

The 40th anniversary royal was great but I feel like it’d be weird to wear that.

And I may be wrong on this but I believe there’s some sort of ownership rights to the goatheads which has limited the team from merchandising them. Rigas maybe?

Speaking of Rigas: dude got a sweet deal. Got a doctor to say he has months to live so they’d release him from jail and he’s free and still kicking.

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

And I may be wrong on this but I believe there’s some sort of ownership rights to the goatheads which has limited the team from merchandising them.

I hope that's the case.  I hated those.  They never struck me as anything more than a cheesy minor league team logo.  If they hadn't gone to the finals with them, there would be no reason to ever look fondly upon them.

Edited by Doohickie

21 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I hope that's the case.  I hated those.  They never struck me as anything more than a cheesy minor league team logo.  If they hadn't gone to the finals with them, there would be no reason to ever look fondly upon them.

But they did,… so I do.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Hoss said:

I don’t think they’ll wear EVERY jersey. At least not as obnoxiously specific as Taro got.

The 40th anniversary royal was great but I feel like it’d be weird to wear that.

And I may be wrong on this but I believe there’s some sort of ownership rights to the goatheads which has limited the team from merchandising them. Rigas maybe?

Speaking of Rigas: dude got a sweet deal. Got a doctor to say he has months to live so they’d release him from jail and he’s free and still kicking.

This rumor keeps popping up, but a check of the trademark database shows the Sabres own the goathead logo.

11 hours ago, Taro T said:

You've stated this often, and very believably.  Thanks.

The Q is, when they're rolling through 70's & 80's vintage will they start w/ no shoulder patches & then add them later?  (Suppose same q about minor mods to socks & trim towards the sweater bottom could  also be asked.)

Quite certain they won't roll through the random logos that started showing up in the (skater) Housley era when they went discount on the seamstress budgets as the "official" logo never varied during the early '80's though what they'd actually wear varied significantly.

This is just info I have from Pegula Sports so that's all I was told last Summer. If was the same time I was shown what the Winter Classic jersey looked like.....hopefully they roll these out properly - we'll see

• Like (+1) 1

Such a money grab these days....   Constant tinkering and adjustments.   It's not like ownership doesn't know what the fans want.     They do something every year to get folks to buy new merchandise....  Eichel switching to #9 the latest greedy move by the organization.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

This rumor keeps popping up, but a check of the trademark database shows the Sabres own the goathead logo.

Any idea on the jersey itself? I had a feeling the rumor on the logo was false when Samson pulled it out for his special New Era Cap hat.

32 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Such a money grab these days....   Constant tinkering and adjustments.   It's not like ownership doesn't know what the fans want.     They do something every year to get folks to buy new merchandise....  Eichel switching to #9 the latest greedy move by the organization.

This is never going to end, is it?

56 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Of course they do.  I don't see a problem with it.

48 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Any idea on the jersey itself? I had a feeling the rumor on the logo was false when Samson pulled it out for his special New Era Cap hat.

This is never going to end, is it?

Can't say that I recall ever checking on that itself.  Have to believe the Sabres own that as well.  Will try to remember to check on that this weekend.

There were at least 2 different primary manufacturers of the proweight sweaters backin the Goathead era, so reeeeaaaly expect that sweater to be useable by them at the very least & would put a small amount of money on it that they own it outright.

They considered a lot of designs prior to launching the Goatheads.