Round 3: 2018 NHL Playoffs

LGR4GM

I agree that something is likely to give in the coming years.

Remember that Delaware North funded "think" project from a few years ago? Among other things, it envisioned fans' participating in spectator sports in virtual ways, etc.

Take Twitch to the next level.  Place cameras into all players helmets to allow spectators to watch the game from their favorite player perspective.  Then allow them to jump into an arena chat group (think large scale 10,000) there they can scream and shot and have their voices piped into an arena sound system.  Finally, replace the the space above the glass with large display panels that replicate seating and then put each persons avatar in that seat.

The players think fans are there and everyone is watching from their favorite player camera.  Charge different amounts to stream from a stars POV as opposed to the 4th line JAG.

Anyone want to help me patent all that?  :)

Take Twitch to the next level. Place cameras into all players helmets to allow spectators to watch the game from their favorite player perspective. Then allow them to jump into an arena chat group (think large scale 10,000) there they can scream and shot and have their voices piped into an arena sound system. Finally, replace the the space above the glass with large display panels that replicate seating and then put each persons avatar in that seat.

The players think fans are there and everyone is watching from their favorite player camera. Charge different amounts to stream from a stars POV as opposed to the 4th line JAG.

Anyone want to help me patent all that? :)

Put VR cameras all around the arena, then sell virtual season tickets where fans can watch the game from anywhere like you're actually in the stands.

Take Twitch to the next level.  Place cameras into all players helmets to allow spectators to watch the game from their favorite player perspective.  Then allow them to jump into an arena chat group (think large scale 10,000) there they can scream and shot and have their voices piped into an arena sound system.  Finally, replace the the space above the glass with large display panels that replicate seating and then put each persons avatar in that seat.

The players think fans are there and everyone is watching from their favorite player camera.  Charge different amounts to stream from a stars POV as opposed to the 4th line JAG.

Anyone want to help me patent all that?  :)

After placing it in the public domain?

Is us Vegas?

Sorry Inkman. Yes Vegas as I live here but I’m hoping now with Buffalo finally getting #1 overall pick things can finally start to get better. Their are a ton of fellow Buffaloians here in Vegas and even though we are Sabres fans we all still cheer for the Knights. I know a ton of people here from all over the US that still has their beloved team but will cheer for the Knights when their team isn’t in the building. Call it crazy but Vegas is going nuts for this team. I can’t believe it honestly.

Sorry Inkman. Yes Vegas as I live here but I’m hoping now with Buffalo finally getting #1 overall pick things can finally start to get better. Their are a ton of fellow Buffaloians here in Vegas and even though we are Sabres fans we all still cheer for the Knights. I know a ton of people here from all over the US that still has their beloved team but will cheer for the Knights when their team isn’t in the building. Call it crazy but Vegas is going nuts for this team. I can’t believe it honestly.

Your handle makes it hard to follow. I'm slowly losing my marbles (I'll post about it one drunken night) and this gets confusing.

Uh, yeah. Haven't you been following this all season?

Barely. Like my wife talking about politics.

Vegas,... and their "fans."

Can't wait until this story goes away and they are just another team that has to deal with cap issues, draft their own pipeline and actually developing their own talent.

Yeah, I said it.

Edited to put fans in quotes.

Edited by SwampD

###### Vegas,... and their "fans."

Can't wait until this story goes away and they are just another team that has to deal with cap issues, draft their own pipeline and actually developing their own talent.

Yeah, I said it.

You’re not wrong.

###### Vegas,... and their "fans."

Yeah, I said it.

So much this

Vegas fans are the worst. It's like they won the lottery on their first try and can't stop talking about I after you've lost your life savings on scratch-offs.

People that play scratch offs don't have a life savings.

Vegas fans are the worst. It's like they won the lottery on their first try and can't stop talking about I after you've lost your life savings on scratch-offs.

Yeah.. screw them right?  Who needs fans who love their team having success?  It's way better when everyone is just miserable about their team and attacks each other.

They haven't had a chance to lose their life savings on scratch-offs.  So, really, it's not like that.  They are still winning the lottery right now.

Truer statement has never been said

I'm not sure. A lot of older people play those, and older people are the wealthiest segment of society. I'm also not sure gambling is all about poor people trying to make money. There's a thrill there. See Vanek, Thomas.

I'm not sure. A lot of older people play those, and older people are the wealthiest segment of society. I'm also not sure gambling is all about poor people trying to make money. There's a thrill there. See Vanek, Thomas.

What Vanek does and what the 70 year old sitting inside a gas station all day playing scratch offs is note remotely the same

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.