It's Game 7. Do you want a home game?

PASabreFan

The numbers don't support my feeling of home ice dread for a deciding seventh game. According to Wikipedia, there have been 171 Game 7s since the advent of the best of seven series in 1939, and the home team has won 100 times.

As for the Sabres, oh mama, they are 0-5 on the road in Game 7 (and 1-1 at home).

Still, the feeling persists.

What do you think?

I'd be interested in seeing whether the winner of game 6 (won an elimination game to stay alive) impacts the probability of winning game 7.  Though, I would likely control for home ice, as well.

I believe this site has the data you want, but I don't think it's easy to find:  http://whowins.com/

As for me, an elimination game, I want it at home.

Game 7 at home every day of the week & twice on Sundays. ;)

Not even debatable IMHO. Last change & the crowd is behind you. You've done this 3 times against this particular opponent already. The 'grip your sticks too tight' home game is game 1 (game 3 for the lower seed) not game 7.

depends on how the team is playing at home that season

If the team is playing poorly enough at home that it would be a question of which venue is preferrable, the question is moot. (THAT team won't get to a game 7 & CERTAINLY wouldn't have the opportunity to host it.)

Where does that feeling persist?  I've never heard of this "home ice dread" you speak of.

Reading is Fundamental.

Game 7 at home every day of the week & twice on Sundays. ;)

Not even debatable IMHO. Last change & the crowd is behind you. You've done this 3 times against this particular opponent already. The 'grip your sticks too tight' home game is game 1 (game 3 for the lower seed) not game 7.

Good point. I always prefer starting on the road. Of course that also means ending there, which is fine by me.

Reading is Fundamental.

Good point. I always prefer starting on the road. Of course that also means ending there, which is fine by me.

I do get this feeling as well sometimes. It’s easier to accomplish your “goal” for the first two game set if you are the road team, as the goal is always only a split. Easier to start the series off on the “right note”, in that way.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.