Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

Another option would be Moulson for Orpik, if the Avs are considering a buyout?  But I'd rather the Sabres use Moulson to help another team get to the floor.

Teams aren't tanking anymore so noone needs bad contracts to get to the floor.  That strategy is going the way of the dinosaurs.

This won’t make a few on here happy.

Post-pick Botterill talked about making sure that Rasmus was supported and how important it was the McCabe and Bogosian were healthy.

I’ve never seen anything from our new braintrust to indicate they are anything other than high on Zac.

That kind makes me happy. Bogo being healthy and playing well would almost feel like we found a late round pick that hit.

I just can't believe he has played in 10 NHL seasons and is just 27.

Quickly, name the capital of Canada.

Regina.

This won’t make a few on here happy.

Post-pick Botterill talked about making sure that Rasmus was supported and how important it was the McCabe and Bogosian were healthy.

I’ve never seen anything from our new braintrust to indicate they are anything other than high on Zac.

Which will be to their detriment.

So who are we trading to get a 3rd rd pick? Girgensons?

Bad idea to trade a guy who has proven he can play in the league for the opportunity to select a guy who has about a 20% chance of proving he can play in the league, and even then, it would be three to five years from now.  Girgensons is no superstar and never will be, but he's likely better than whomever the Sabres could select in the third round.

Bad idea to trade a guy who has proven he can play in the league for the opportunity to select a guy who has about a 20% chance of proving he can play in the league, and even then, it would be three to five years from now. Girgensons is no superstar and never will be, but he's likely better than whomever the Sabres could select in the third round.

I was going to say the same thing. Culture change and roster turnover need to happen but just gutting the roster just to say we did seems like a fools errand.

Bad idea to trade a guy who has proven he can play in the league for the opportunity to select a guy who has about a 20% chance of proving he can play in the league, and even then, it would be three to five years from now.  Girgensons is no superstar and never will be, but he's likely better than whomever the Sabres could select in the third round.

Yup.  I'll never understand the enthusiasm for trading known NHL talent for less than coin toss odds for an effective replacement.

Bad idea to trade a guy who has proven he can play in the league for the opportunity to select a guy who has about a 20% chance of proving he can play in the league, and even then, it would be three to five years from now. Girgensons is no superstar and never will be, but he's likely better than whomever the Sabres could select in the third round.

Trade him just to change the culture. He's a JAG, and not even a good one. He'll be easy to replace.

Incompetence. Also, how has holding onto him worked out?

To put it another way, how excited are you to ever see him play for us again?

More excited than waiting 3-5 years to watch a kid with a 20% chance of being equivalent to ZG.

Edited by We've

Trade him just to change the culture. He's a JAG, and not even a good one. He'll be easy to replace.

If culture change is real, and moving JAG is necessary to achieve it, we're well and thoroughly screwed.

I could not possibly care less whether Zemgus stays or goes, but it seems to me the argument for moving him is just fans being sick of him.

If culture change is real, and moving JAG is necessary to achieve it, we're well and thoroughly screwed.

I could not possibly care less whether Zemgus stays or goes, but it seems to me the argument for moving him is just fans being sick of him.

I'm more than happy to get rid of guys that are all in on partying and have only ever been part of some of the worst teams in NHL history.

And I want next year's team to feel as "new" as possible. I do think culture matters.

Remind me what assets did Botterill give up to acquire him?

Relying on Bogosian is only incrementally less dumb than giving up assets to acquire him. By relying on Bogosian to be both good and healthy, contributing in the top-4, Botterill is functionally deciding to enter the season short a top-4 defenseman.

I'm more than happy to get rid of guys that are all in on partying and have only ever been part of some of the worst teams in NHL history.

And I want next year's team to feel as "new" as possible. I do think culture matters.

This is certainly fair from a fan perspective. It's just that to the extent that culture is real and matters, I don't think moving out a 4th liner will make a lick of difference on that front.

Per McKenzie

BUF had considerable trade talk on Ryan O’Reilly at draft but expects to leave today without a deal done. STL, MTL amongst the interested. Big signing bonus due ROR on July 1. If not traded before July 1, ROR more likely to be in BUF to start the season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.