Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

@DarrenDreger
John Tavares expected to make the call tomorrow on whether or not he plans on taking advantage of the interview period which opens Sunday.

@CJ_Stevenson
#Sens Pierre Dorion and Knights GM George McPhee in discussion by the Vegas table.

From Chad Demoncis

Also really quick I talked about it last night a little. From what I was told the main target for the #Sabres in a Hurricanes trade package is not Skinner or Hanifin. They’re very interested in Elias Lindholm.

could the Canes do that and include Ward with a condition he signs with them?

I really am hoping the Avs buyout Orpik because I'd love to get him here as an extra Dman cheap.

https://theathletic.com/371664/2018/05/30/whether-hes-pops-or-big-brother-brooks-orpiks-mentorship-has-molded-this-young-caps-team/ This one is a sub only though

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capitals-insider/wp/2018/05/26/brooks-orpik-is-only-capitals-player-with-stanley-cup-experience-hes-a-big-role-model/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.a74e37abbf98

Someone on the HFboards posted these and I read them and decided this would be a solid move. Especially when the Athletic article talked about Orpik being a uniting figure in the dressing room who helps the young European kids have people to eat lunch with and give everyone pointers about how to be an NHL player. He's won 2 Cups now and while he's slow as molasses, I'd want him almost solely for his character.

This won’t make a few on here happy.

Post-pick Botterill talked about making sure that Rasmus was supported and how important it was the McCabe and Bogosian were healthy.

I’ve never seen anything from our new braintrust to indicate they are anything other than high on Zac.

This won’t make a few on here happy.

Post-pick Botterill talked about making sure that Rasmus was supported and how important it was the McCabe and Bogosian were healthy.

I’ve never seen anything from our new braintrust to indicate they are anything other than high on Zac.

I wouldn't say he's high on them as hopeful they're healthy thus allowing the depth chart to actually not be ran through a meat grinder again. Remember we were supposedly in talks with LA about Bogosian but he immediately got injured. Even if he wanted to be rid of him he's worthless presently

I also would admit he is likely a good locker room guy but is just made of glass.

I really am hoping the Avs buyout Orpik because I'd love to get him here as an extra Dman cheap.

https://theathletic.com/371664/2018/05/30/whether-hes-pops-or-big-brother-brooks-orpiks-mentorship-has-molded-this-young-caps-team/ This one is a sub only though

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capitals-insider/wp/2018/05/26/brooks-orpik-is-only-capitals-player-with-stanley-cup-experience-hes-a-big-role-model/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.a74e37abbf98

Someone on the HFboards posted these and I read them and decided this would be a solid move. Especially when the Athletic article talked about Orpik being a uniting figure in the dressing room who helps the young European kids have people to eat lunch with and give everyone pointers about how to be an NHL player. He's won 2 Cups now and while he's slow as molasses, I'd want him almost solely for his character.

Another option would be Moulson for Orpik, if the Avs are considering a buyout?  But I'd rather the Sabres use Moulson to help another team get to the floor.

Edited by Eleven

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.