Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

My other question would be, how many coaches actually do things like curfews during the regular season? It strikes me as a very old school approach that might not be super common anymore, but I can't claim to have any actual clue.

It's not as if ROR has a huge sample size to compare to personally as well.

I have seen all kinds of internet chatter about Sam and Jack’s party boy tendencies and how Evander was a bad influence.

1) it’s unsourced internet chatter.

2) party boy tendencies didn’t stop Pat Kane or Mike Richards from winning Stanley Cups.

It is about accountability and preparation.

I believe Jason Botterill is GM because Tim Murray’s organization was bereft of both.

So far Botterill has yet to install either, but I am viewing all his moves this summer - or lack thereof - through that lens.

It’s no mystery why this summer’s marketing program is based around willingness to change.

I think that was the cleanout message given everyone: are you part of the solution?

Edited by dudacek

Honestly, these guys are adults and paid a fortune. They shouldn't need a curfew to be professionals. Why do most people not stay up till 6am when they have work the next day? The reasoning is no different.

If I didn't have to work until 5pm, I'd probably spend a few too many nights up until sunrise. When I worked 2nd and 3rd shift, that's precisely what we did.

I have seen all kinds of internet chatter about Sam and Jack’s party boy tendencies and how Evander was a bad influence.

2) party boy tendencies didn’t stop Pat Kane or Mike Richards from winning Stanley Cups.

I believe Jason Botterill is GM because Tim Murray’s organization was bereft of both.

So far Botterill has yet to install either, but I am viewing all his moves this summer - or lack thereof - through that lens.

It’s no mystery why this summer’s marketing program is based around willingness to change.

I think that was the cleanout message given everyone: are you part of the solution?

*raises hand* the party boy stuff is accurate per uh...sources...

Completely agree on the second and third paragraphs.

If I didn't have to work until 5pm, I'd probably spend a few too many nights up until sunrise. When I worked 2nd and 3rd shift, that's precisely what we did.

And it's not like they just go out and party. These guys are all big into video games as well. Lots of late nights on the ol Xbox.

And if the players think game prep starts at 5pm on the day of the game I think we know why we are an awful team

And if the players think game prep starts at 5pm on the day of the game I think we know why we are an awful team

I have zero idea what NHL players need to do game day other than show up to the arena and play. I'm sure there is more, I'm just not privy to it.

Internet chatter? LOL. You mean gossip. How much of that did we just see about trades and how many were credible?

I have zero idea what NHL players need to do game day other than show up to the arena and play. I'm sure there is more, I'm just not privy to it.

Yeah - i am not too sure either. But the point stands, if you have a job where you need to perform physically, then staying up partying till 11 hours before you have to be at the rink to get ready for the game is irresponsible and unprofessional. Would Crosby do it? Would Toews do it? Would McDavid do it? Honestly, I think it is very telling that Eichel isn't the team's captain. I think they desperately want him to be, but I think what lets him down is his 'tactical' professionalism. i.e. I dont question he isn't working hard this summer in a 'strategic' sense to get ready, but I question his ability to say "No, i'll go to bed at 11pm, so I can perform my best tomorrow." I hope Dahlin's competitive nature means he will make those choices, and maybe be a good example. Bring Orpik in and a couple others who will similarly do it.

Furthermore, do they have to sacrifice the right to have a normal life - getting weekends off, having fast food, drinking lots every week etc etc.? Yes they do. But they are well compensated for these sacrifices. 

Internet chatter? LOL. You mean gossip. How much of that did we just see about trades and how many were credible?

Well, the Hanifin rumours were credible apparently.

And the ones about Lindholm and about Hamilton.

To the discussion at hand, I’m a consider the source guy. I think Dark is a credible source, but that’s kind of irrelevant. I’ve seen enough veiled quotes from the Sabres themselves about lack of leadership and caring and accountability to give them credence. The particulars are JBot’s issue to sort out.

Well, the Hanifin rumours were credible apparently.

And the ones about Lindholm and about Hamilton.

To the discussion at hand, I’m a consider the source guy. I think Dark is a credible source, but that’s kind of irrelevant. I’ve seen enough veiled quotes from the Sabres themselves about lack of leadership and caring and accountability to give them credence. The particulars are JBot’s issue to sort out.

There are a lot of things about the inner workings of this team that we aren't privy to.

One thing that I think will be interesting to watch for is players that are moved that don't make a lot of sense. There are, from what I have heard hinted at, an inordinate number of players on this team with clinical mental health issues. Depression, anxiety, etc. And they all feed into a general culture of malaise. More than a team sports psychologist can handle.

One such move has already been made, though most will not object to it...

There are a lot of things about the inner workings of this team that we aren't privy to.

One thing that I think will be interesting to watch for is players that are moved that don't make a lot of sense. There are, from what I have heard hinted at, an inordinate number of players on this team with clinical mental health issues. Depression, anxiety, etc. And they all feed into a general culture of malaise. More than a team sports psychologist can handle.

One such move has already been made, though most will not object to it...

That's pretty heavy stuff, honestly.

Makes me feel a lot less like trashing the team just because

That's pretty heavy stuff, honestly.

Makes me feel a lot less like trashing the team just because

There are reasons why *certain* players have been absent from my sh*t list. I'm honestly stunned that some of the stuff I've heard hasn't been leaked. I think, frankly, fans would be supportive if this stuff was out in the open.

There are reasons why *certain* players have been absent from my sh*t list. I'm honestly stunned that some of the stuff I've heard hasn't been leaked. I think, frankly, fans would be supportive if this stuff was out in the open.

You should enlighten the rest of us then. You don't have to reveal where you heard it. I'm curious to find out.

I don't expect any moves by Buffalo until after UFA signing period begins.  Lets see how things shake up and how desperate a team will be to trade for ROR.  Could Buffalo push for Stastny who could slot in 2nd or 3rd line center?? I think two years at $5 mil about right..

I don't expect any moves by Buffalo until after UFA signing period begins.  Lets see how things shake up and how desperate a team will be to trade for ROR.  Could Buffalo push for Stastny who could slot in 2nd or 3rd line center?? I think two years at $5 mil about right..

If signing Stastny means Mittelstadt can go play on Eichel's wing this year, I'm in.

I don't expect any moves by Buffalo until after UFA signing period begins. Lets see how things shake up and how desperate a team will be to trade for ROR. Could Buffalo push for Stastny who could slot in 2nd or 3rd line center?? I think two years at $5 mil about right..

I don't think there's any way Stastny signs with a non-contender for only two years. Probably looking at 4 to get him here, and I have no interest in that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.