Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

Any idea where we can send Beaulieu?

I hear Antarctica is nice.

In all seriousness, he needs to be gone.

Apparently Statsny is a pretty hot commodity right now. Makes sense for teams that are out on Tavares and don't wanna pay for O'Reilly

Montreal is one of the teams to reportedly offer him something

https://twitter.com/GinoRedaTSN/status/1011381818887634944

I'm Montreal, at most Statsny should grey ROR money. But I'm Montreal so... 7 years 9mil it is!

Smith-Pelly of the Caps became an UFA today, which is strange.  He plays hard every shift and was one of their most valuable players in the playoffs.  He'll come relatively cheap and would be a great third or fourth liner.  We should take a hard look. 

Smith-Pelly is a UFA.... Anthony Duclair is a UFA... maybe the league is full of racists?    B-)

If the Sabres are in the Neiderreiter/Coyle/Zucker are available if you take Ennis market, it will probably happen this week.

The Athletic is reporting the deadline for an Ennis buyout is Saturday.

It had reported earlier that new GM Fenton wants to change the makeup of a stale group and the Sabres are one of several teams talking to the Wild. It is also reporting Staal, Spurgeon and Dubnyk have been asked to submit their no-trade lists.

We could take Ennis and the first three certainly would help our lineup.

I’m intrigued.

If the Sabres are in the Neiderreiter/Coyle/Zucker are available if you take Ennis market, it will probably happen this week.

The Athletic is reporting the deadline for an Ennis buyout is Saturday.

It had reported earlier that new GM Fenton wants to change the makeup of a stale group and the Sabres are one of several teams talking to the Wild. It is also reporting Staal, Spurgeon and Dubnyk have been asked to submit their no-trade lists.

We could take Ennis and the first three certainly would help our lineup.

I’m intrigued.

Yeah, I'd have no problem with that. I don't even hate Ennis, even if he's being overpaid for now. We're so dead on wingers he might actually be a net positive.

Yeah, I'd have no problem with that. I don't even hate Ennis, even if he's being overpaid for now. We're so dead on wingers he might actually be a net positive.

Yup. I'll take Ennis back if it means we can upgrade somewhere else. He'll spend half the season on IR anyway.

Pretty sure he’d be bought out.

He’s not an NHL player any more. Sad.

Yep, he wasn't an NHL player with us on a bad team, and didn't succeed with a chance on a good team, as they're now looking to dump him. 

And yes, I'd absolutely take him to reduce value on any of 5-6 Wild players that I'd like.

Pretty sure he’d be bought out.

He’s not an NHL player any more. Sad.

He was a 40 point, 20 goal guy his first few years in the league. But, he got a fair number of those points on the power play and has never been a great 5-on-5 guy (presumably due to his size). His shooting percentage the past 3 seasons was just abysmal. I wonder if the wear and tear on his body just caught up to him? I agree that he may be done at this point, but he'll get one more shot somewhere I think... but not at a $4.6 million cap hit.

He was a 40 point, 20 goal guy his first few years in the league. But, he got a fair number of those points on the power play and has never been a great 5-on-5 guy (presumably due to his size). His shooting percentage the past 3 seasons was just abysmal. I wonder if the wear and tear on his body just caught up to him? I agree that he may be done at this point, but he'll get one more shot somewhere I think... but not at a $4.6 million cap hit.

It was because he dicked around with the puck all damn day

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canadiens-bergevin-came-close-hitting-marks-draft-weekend/

The trade that almost was. Apparently Pacioretty was going to the Islanders for either 11 or 12, with that pick going to Buffalo along with at least one of Montreal’s 2nd in a package for ROR

Well, if that's the market for RoR, keep him. The only thing that could semi-salvage this for me would be if Botterill really did just love Wahlstrome that much

Him dropping killed the deal

We're in for such a longer rebuild of Botterill was about to make that trade. I have a strong feeling he's looking at Dahlin and his 2nd year here as the start to the rebuild, while the rest of us were really hoping this was the end of it

Well, if that's the market for RoR, ###### keep him. The only thing that could semi-salvage this for me would be if Botterill really did just love Wahlstrome that much

Exactly. I would be apoplectic if all we got for ROR was the #10 pick in the draft and some mid round dart throws. The #10 could turn out to be a good player (i.e. Risto), but we have to wait 3 years for that and it's not a guarantee that it's not closer to a Zemgus level player.

More from LeBrun

LeBrun: Canadiens "are still in on Ryan O'Reilly. So are the St. Louis Blues, among other teams. St. Louis and Montreal in particular have continued this week to keep in touch with Buffalo on Ryan O'Reilly." #Sabres #Habs #stlblues 1040

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.