Goat-lending

Randall Flagg

I think Darcy basically told them he was shipping them out to do them a favor. Unfortunately they've both just bounced around since then instead of landing anywhere long term. I can't help but think they might have preferred staying here despite the rebuild. I don't think either guy ever really wanted to leave Buffalo.

Planned losing for at least 2 seasons?  I'd lose a ton of respect for both if they would have been OK with staying for that.

And Terry even wanted to make Vanek the highest paid player in the league?

He did.  I'm glad that didn't happen.

Planned losing for at least 2 seasons? I'd lose a ton of respect for both if they would have been OK with staying for that.

I think, had Darcy not been in charge, the rebuild and how it was presented to our veteran guys like Miller and Vanek would have been different. Darcy really things up by having so little faith in the process he was starting that he needed to paint it as the end times.

Vanek was the one who expressed interest in coming back this offseason right? I think we've talked about this a few times.

Yup.

Vanek was the one who expressed interest in coming back this offseason right? I think we've talked about this a few times. 

But he did not want to stick around for a tear down.

It certainly didn't work out as he hoped.  I think he was looking for a Marian Hossa type situation that never came to be.

One note on our D. We started the year with Risto, Scandella, McCabe, Tennyson, Antipin and Baloo in the lineup with Falk on the bench and Bogo on IR.

We ended the year with Scandella and Risto still as the top 2, but Bogo and McCabe on IR, Tennyson in the AHL (other then injury callup) and 2 AHL guys, Guhle and Nelson as our second pair.

Next season it looks like we’ll bring back Scandella, Risto in the top 4, Nelson and Guhle as our bottom pair and the future of Bogo, McCabe, Baloo and Antipin up in the air.

If I’m jbot, I’m sending Baloo down if I can’t trade him. I’m qualifying Antipin, but encouraging him to go back to Russia. I’m also buying out Bogo if I can. It save $4 mill per year the next two years. I looking for 2 players to play in the top 4. (Such as Dahlin and DeHaan).

Our goalies, whoever they are, will play much better behind a group like below, then the swiss cheese they played behind this past season.

Risto DeHaan

Scandella Dahlin

Nelson Guhle

McCabe

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Maybe we can get Brian and Mike back on Hockey Hotline. And if Ed Kilgore can be talked out of his $3 an hour Uber gig, he can be the intermission host. What's Pat Hanigan doing these days?

Ex Sabres always push your button.

We need a capable veteran with enough ability to step up if Linus crashes and burns who is OK with playing 25-30 games and acting as a mentor if he doesn’t.

Miller fits the bill.

Miller is under contract for next season and has modified NTC, so he would have to agree to a trade to Buffalo.  There is no chance he does.  He and his family are finally together in LA.

I will never forget his presser after the favored Blues were surprisingly eliminated from the playoffs in the 1st round(probably shockingly to Blues fans), and he had a very average performance in that series.   

Miller said, somewhat apathetically "Well, at least I can now attend my wife's sister's wedding"  

Wasn't he canned by the Blues not long after those cringe-worthy comments?    

No to Miller!!! Stop trying to bring back so many ex Sabres- We need to get younger, not try a project with 30+ year olds.

As a stop gap and insurance in case Ullmark isn't up to the task of 50 starts, I'm OK with it, but not as a projected starter.  the veteran backup role is a short term one anyway.

But, as said above, he's likely not moving back away from the west coast.

I will never forget his presser after the favored Blues were surprisingly eliminated from the playoffs in the 1st round(probably shockingly to Blues fans), and he had a very average performance in that series.   

Miller said, somewhat apathetically "Well, at least I can now attend my wife's sister's wedding"  

Wasn't he canned by the Blues not long after those cringe-worthy comments?    

IIRC, he was UFA so canned seems like a pejorative term in this case. The Blues didn't resign a rental that didn't work out.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.