The Great Toronto Illusion (or should I say Delusion)

GASabresIUFAN

Yea, I have no idea where Kypreos is coming from there. Matthews played a whopping 2 fewer seconds in game 7 than his regular season average. Should Babcock give him more ice time in genreal? Yea, I definitely think so, but his usage was precisely what we'd have expected to see given the rest of the season.

I don't think he was doing too much to deserve extra ice time. 1G 1A in 7 games is not good enough. Could you imagine the rage Eichel would be taking from fans if he performed at that level during the Playoffs? 

I don't think he was doing too much to deserve extra ice time. 1G 1A in 7 games is not good enough. Could you imagine the rage Eichel would be taking from fans if he performed at that level during the Playoffs? 

post-4541-0-17997600-1524759164_thumb.jpg

What's that???

Edited by jsb

Is it time to look back and look back at the decision to look back at Laine vs Matthews?

Playoffs in Pro Careers:

AM 17GP  5G 5A      PTS/Game      .58

PL   23GP 12G 7A    PTS/Game       .82

Is the pressure to perform inToronto real?  I think AM will get it right, he's still young like the rest of the Leafs core.  They have like 7 guys under 23.  I think we need to get used to Leaf dominance for a long time

Is it time to look back and look back at the decision to look back at Laine vs Matthews?

Playoffs in Pro Careers:

AM 17GP  5G 5A      PTS/Game      .58

PL   23GP 12G 7A    PTS/Game       .82

I'm much less interested in pre-draft European league playoff numbers than NHL ones, and even then, their sample sizes are freaking tiny.

@LikeEichAlthough I completely agree with you that Anderson is a legit, good goaltender, his numbers will not help your argument. Yes the leafs D are bad, but he sported an .860 save percentage in the series. Plus, the biggest game, when they needed him most, he let in 6 goals (of which some were in the Ryan Miller Mr. Softy variety).

Firstly while I agree with You, last night was a rough game for him, theure not in that series without him. I should too it but I'm lazy, check out his numbers. You say series save percentage of .861. A rough few outings in a series will do that.

Okay here's a few keynotes

-gm 1 outshot 40-27 .875. Not his fault, no goalie will consistently win these games.

GM 2- 3 goals on 5 shots. Terrible game sports a .400

Gm3 -42 shots .952. Won them he game to keep them alive when they should have been.

Gm4- arguably the only game toronto but out a winning effort, 3 goals on 21 for an .857

5 & 6- .933 and .970 respectively

I encourage anyone to look at shots, high danger shots basically any worthwhile stats and it's in Boston's favor. They were outplayed for a majority of the game. There's plenty pf blame to be passed around but Andersen did what he had to. Management agrees or they would have given McElhinney a start (His numbers this year were superb).

I'm aware alot of people have an "if you don't suceed I'm the playoffs you don't suceed" attitude; while I may or may not agree he's post season numbers are respectable as well. Had a nice run in 2015, although is play did drop off a bit against Chicago conference final, but chi had a hecl of a team that year(Kane went down and the loaded up because of the cap space). I mean he toes a record for fastest goalie to 50 wins that was set in the 40's!! Product of playing on a good team as well though, still impressive.

As far as how ahead Toronto is of us, in all honesty, all culture and mentality issues aside, if I'm not hoisting the cup, I want a best a 1st rounder as possible. I mean being a bubble team is a big part of what set the firesale in motion. I'm sick of being last, but it has it's benefits.

Auston Matthews is not the first, nor will he be the last, offensive star that Patrice Bergeron just completely erases.

Ya man, cups seem to follow elite 2way centers around too. I wonder of Bergeron was a sabre of he would lose his love of the game... bet he would

Firstly while I agree with You, last night was a rough game for him, theure not in that series without him. I should too it but I'm lazy, check out his numbers. You say series save percentage of .861. A rough few outings in a series will do that.

Okay here's a few keynotes

-gm 1 outshot 40-27 .875. Not his fault, no goalie will consistently win these games.

GM 2- 3 goals on 5 shots. Terrible game sports a .400

Gm3 -42 shots .952. Won them he game to keep them alive when they should have been.

Gm4- arguably the only game toronto but out a winning effort, 3 goals on 21 for an .857

5 & 6- .933 and .970 respectively

I betcha you could find a seven game segment from Robin Lehner that looks much the same.

Like Lehner, he didn’t make the saves when he had to.

I betcha you could find a seven game segment from Robin Lehner that looks much the same.

Like Lehner, he didn’t make the saves when he had to.

I could find 7 game segments of "insert your opinion of greatest goalie to play the game here" that looks much the same. Careers are rarely judged by 7 games. Wouldn't you agree?

I could find 7 game segments of "insert your opinion of greatest goalie to play the game here" that looks much the same. Careers are rarely judged by 7 games. Wouldn't you agree?

When you have a subpar goalie, you don't get outplayed bad by a better team and take it to 7 games.

I don't mean any offence or to be rude, but I'm confident anyone who watched all 7 games wouldn't be criticizing Andersen. Best player on the ice for much of the series.

Edited by LikeEich

Anderson sucked but then again most teams are experiencing goaltending woes...Rinne over there in Nashville hasn;t exactly been lights-out. Philly have been trying to get a number one goalie for, well forever. Maybe I can see us havin gto stick with Lehner just because frankly there is nothing better out there (I am still not sold yet on Ullmark)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.