Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

5 hours ago, Hoss said:

This franchise is so allergic to high-end talent that the fan base is even allergic to it. If they land at number one they should pick at number one. We weren’t in position to trade for Khalil Mack or sign Kirk Cousins or yada yada.

There’s a pretty decent list of teams in the top handful of picks that traded out and ended up with nothing or little to show for it.

Yep.  When you get the #1 overall, use it WISELY.

(And for whatever it's worth, there were people that wanted the Bills to select Flutie over Bruce Smith.  Making that choice would not have been wise.)

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

The Bills need an O-Line more than defensive ends.  Not even close, IMO.

True.  But very good & even elite OL can be found & lines assembled after the #1 pick.  A single OL man will only truly rarely take over a game.  IF they end up #1 overall (still a fairly low probability of that happening even as awful as they were Sunday) take the elite pass rusher & then spend the next 2-3 picks on the OL.  Add 2 GOOD FA linemen & they can have a good line next year & an elite one for a long time soon after.

Elite pass rushers don't drop much below top 4 very often (was going to go w/ top 3, but felt the need for the gratuitous shot at the Bills not selecting Mack) & that 1 player can force an entire offense to scheme around him.  Add Edmunds & White & they SHOULD have a good nucleus to build up the D within 2 more seasons.

IF they are right about Allen, Edmunds, & White, then by bringing in an elite DE, they could have reasonable facsimiles of Kelly, Smith, Bennett, & Burroughs on the roster which is something to build around.  If they aren't right about Allen it all doesn't matter.  The suffering will linger.

Won't belabor it, but really do hate that it looks like they're following the Sabres blueprint from 5 or so years ago.

Sean McDermott is known for being a good “leader of men” and gets a bunch of credit for the way he talks, but I think when you actually listen he deflects blame way too much.

Two comments he made in particular on Monday after the game stick out. And they’re things he’s said or alluded to before.

1. “There’s a lot of hands in the jar” when it comes to the QB position.

2. “We’re in year two of the rebuild.”

On the first: this is true, sure, but you’re the head coach. Take control. You’ve got to be able to at least say you’re in control. If a situation gets ugly you can’t just fall back on “well, it’s not REALLY up to me” every time. It is. If you decide you want Peterman benches you make it happen. Or if you don’t, you do that. This just smells like someone trying to make sure there’s plenty of blame to go around for the Peterman embarrassment.

On the second: the context of this was that they’re in year two of a rebuild. And he specifically stated they’re not “accumulating talent” but “building.” This is basically just an admission that there isn’t much talent on the roster which points strongly to the front office. You were in year one of a rebuild last year and fell into the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Sean McDermott is known for being a good “leader of men” and gets a bunch of credit for the way he talks, but I think when you actually listen he deflects blame way too much.

Two comments he made in particular on Monday after the game stick out. And they’re things he’s said or alluded to before.

On the first: this is true, sure, but you’re the head coach. Take control. You’ve got to be able to at least say you’re in control. If a situation gets ugly you can’t just fall back on “well, it’s not REALLY up to me” every time. It is. If you decide you want Peterman benches you make it happen. Or if you don’t, you do that. This just smells like someone trying to make sure there’s plenty of blame to go around for the Peterman embarrassment.

On the second: the context of this was that they’re in year two of a rebuild. And he specifically stated they’re not “accumulating talent” but “building.” This is basically just an admission that there isn’t much talent on the roster which points strongly to the front office. You were in year one of a rebuild last year and fell into the playoffs.

That is moronic. The way you build is by acquiring talent.

50 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I think he tries too hard to protect the players in the media.    He never comes out says somebody had a bad game... he always compliments the players and accepts blame himself... saying he needs to coach better, it's a team game, blah blah blah... he never once threw Peterman under the bus even tho he had an historically bad first half.   

As a player I would appreciate that, but I hope to god he's calling guys out behind closed doors because there's plenty of blame to go around. 

15 hours ago, Taro T said:

Yep.  When you get the #1 overall, use it WISELY.

(And for whatever it's worth, there were people that wanted the Bills to select Flutie over Bruce Smith.  Making that choice would not have been wise.)

I had to look that one up.  Flutie wound up going in the 11th round, so I can only assume those are the same people who take Peterman in the first round of their fantasy draft.

McDermott announces it. Clearly ... mad? this morning. Not happy with reporters asking him about what went into the decision. Refused to give any reasoning other than "it's best for our football team."

21 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Allen isn't ready, but I'm hopeful that McD realizes that there is NFW they can ever start Peterman again -- and really they should cut him and bring in a McCarran type.  No credible NFL coach could start Peterman after the SD game last year and the Baltimore game last week.

I'm not convince your first three words are correct or verifiable at this point, but I pretty much agree with the rest. They should sign someone, give them two weeks to learn then move Peterman.

12 hours ago, SwampD said:

That is moronic. The way you build is by acquiring talent.

First, you acquire talent through the draft. So, process.

Also, the Bills' dead cap situation is so bad that they might have held off from doing more FA for this season.

29 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Allen isn't ready, but I'm hopeful that McD realizes that there is NFW they can ever start Peterman again -- and really they should cut him and bring in a McCarran type.  No credible NFL coach could start Peterman after the SD game last year and the Baltimore game last week.

Seriously. Can you frickin' imagine if they trotted Peterman out there? They'd risk mutiny.

8 minutes ago, Hoss said:

They should sign someone, give them two weeks to learn then move Peterman.

Move Peterman where? The waiver wire would be the only place that'd take him.

34 minutes ago, Hoss said:

McDermott announces it. Clearly ... mad? this morning. Not happy with reporters asking him about what went into the decision. Refused to give any reasoning other than "it's best for our football team."

I'm not convince your first three words are correct or verifiable at this point, but I pretty much agree with the rest. They should sign someone, give them two weeks to learn then move Peterman.

There is little doubt in my mind that McDermott genuinely believes in Peterman.

24 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

First, you acquire talent through the draft. So, process.

Also, the Bills' dead cap situation is so bad that they might have held off from doing more FA for this season.

Seriously. Can you frickin' imagine if they trotted Peterman out there? They'd risk mutiny.

Move Peterman where? The waiver wire would be the only place that'd take him.

Well, they give pretty big contracts to both Lotulelei and Murphy. They chose to spend the money they had on defense. Much like they chose to load up this season with dead cap.

38 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

There is little doubt in my mind that McDermott genuinely believes in Peterman.

Well, they give pretty big contracts to both Lotulelei and Murphy. They chose to spend the money they had on defense. Much like they chose to load up this season with dead cap.

All of this has me seriously concerned about the candle power in these dudes heads. 

It still baffles me why they don't have a veteran QB on the roster.    All the QBs moving around this past season and they end up with nothing (A. Smith, Keenum, Bradford, Cousins, Taylor, MacArron, Kizer, etc..).    You invest so much in moving up to take your franchise QB, then force him to play week 2 w/ a porous offensive line and no weapons.    

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Gotcha. "Move" also encompasses the possibility of "trade." Hence, my post.

When I ask my girlfriend to throw out the trash I don’t normally specify that I want it in the garbage totes outside, I just want it out of the house.

But, like my girlfriend, when you ask the Bills to do something it normally doesn’t get done.

Just now, Hoss said:

When I ask my girlfriend to throw out the trash I don’t normally specify that I want it in the garbage totes outside, I just want it out of the house.

But, like my girlfriend, when you ask the Bills to do something it normally doesn’t get done.

This guy fcks

9 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Maybe you need to draft a girlfriend that knows how to take out the garbage

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.