Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

What process?  You had a solid team last season, especially on D.  You had 4 top 50 picks, some money to spend on FAs and you destroyed the team.  Disgraceful.

They did not have a solid team. They had a below average team that protected the ball and had a historic level of balls given to them in the first 6 weeks of the season. They are worse at OL but the remainder of the team is the same. Garbage.

33 minutes ago, inkman said:

They did not have a solid team. They had a below average team that protected the ball and had a historic level of balls given to them in the first 6 weeks of the season. They are worse at OL but the remainder of the team is the same. Garbage.

That is not correct.  They had a very good O-Line, a great RB, and solid players on all three levels of the defense. That is a solid football team.  

This season they are worse at QB, the O-Line is garbage and the D-line is significantly worse.  I hate to say this, but management tanked this team.  They did nothing to respond to the losses of Woods and Incognito and sunk the O-line.  No O-Line no time to pass, no holes to run through, no ability to control the clock and therefore no ability to protect your defense.  

The Bills are a joke.

5 hours ago, SwampD said:

Could you imagine if a guy on the sideline hit Brady like that. One more example of a biased league. Just because my team sucks doesn't mean they hay to play by different rules.

i guess my sundays just opened up.

Soooooo...another Bills victory stolen away by the refs?

3 hours ago, SwampD said:

Did I hear correct on some pregame today that Dareus was worth 40 less rushing yards per game. Good thing we got rid of that doper.

My friend, it was neither the D nor the refs that waylaid the Bills today. 

Separately, I drove nearly 7 hours in a heavy rain, sat through that abomination in said rain and expended a fair amount of marital capital for the privilege of attending that game.  

Peterman cannot ever start another NFL game. If McD starts him again he’s going to lose a substantial amount of credibility with me and more importantly with the team.  

• Like (+1) 1

I thought the D laid an egg on the first drive, but looked pretty much like last year's D (slightly worse in pass pro because of the wrong Gaines, slightly better in run defense) when accounting for the fact that they were perpetually on the field, and often starting at the wrong 30 yard line, and ignoring garbage time. 

With league average offense it would be average and would lead the team to 7-10 wins. With our offense, it just won't matter, the only question will be which drive they fold. 

D4rk was right about trading away AJ - I'd like to see a non-Peterman warm body start next week. 

He and Josie picked a great time to do something fun. 

I forgot how low Buffalo sports can make me feel. 

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Soooooo...another Bills victory stolen away by the refs?

Yes. That is exactly what I said. C'mon.

10 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

My friend, it was neither the D nor the refs that waylaid the Bills today. 

The Ravens had 8 possessions in the first half. Three touchdowns and two field goals. The  D wasn't great and we have missed Dareus ever since he left.

And I agree that Peterman should never see NFL grass ever again

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm glad we didn't splurge on mack with the amount of holes we have already TBH

But damn we shoulda had him in 14

That bears D looks scary on paper. It seems that being bad for a while might not always make you a great team, but it will get you a great defense, looking at them and Jacksonville and probably Cleveland

Are defensive talents just easier to judge in college?

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

I'm glad we didn't splurge on mack with the amount of holes we have already TBH

But damn we shoulda had him in 14

That bears D looks scary on paper. It seems that being bad for a while might not always make you a great team, but it will get you a great defense, looking at them and Jacksonville and probably Cleveland

Are defensive talents just easier to judge in college?

An offense all comes down to a QB, which is the hardest position to draft, so yeah I would agree that it's much easier to build a dominate defense

6 minutes ago, WildCard said:

We are in no position to offer the Raiders what Chicago gave them

How so?

He’s a top ten player in the league. Top two or three defensive players. This team needs talent and a lot of it. They’re not going to find a player near his level with a million draft picks. And they would’ve gotten a second rounder back, which is still hilarious.

Just now, Hoss said:

How so?

He’s a top ten player in the league. Top two or three defensive players. This team needs talent and a lot of it. They’re not going to find a player near his level with a million draft picks. And they would’ve gotten a second rounder back, which is still hilarious.

They do need a lot of talent, but it doesn't have to be all HoF level. Would I like Mack? Of course. I would prefer Allen not dying though; look what the Bears put around Trubisky before they made that trade for Mack, and look at what the Bears had on defense before they gave those picks away. 

11 minutes ago, WildCard said:

They do need a lot of talent, but it doesn't have to be all HoF level. Would I like Mack? Of course. I would prefer Allen not dying though; look what the Bears put around Trubisky before they made that trade for Mack, and look at what the Bears had on defense before they gave those picks away. 

Given what we've seen from McBeane, they could spend the next 3 drafts on offensive players and we might still suck on that side of the ball.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.