Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

Rapaport reporting on NFL Network Browns definitely not taking Mayfield; [paraphrased] 'Just spoke with another GM who knows Dorsey well and they are definitely not taking Mayfield'

Are all drafts usually like this? This one seems a little more chaotic than usual

I obsess over drafts every year and this has got to be the nuttiest I can remember. Maybe 2004 with the Eli refusing to play in San Diego. Twitter would have been fuuun for that one.

As in Cleveland is on the clock at 8pm?  Or there's an hour of national anthems, Fox Sports robot animation, talking heads, military flyovers, and Mel Kiper popping out of a chocolate fountain?

I would bet the latter. I would think that you can bet Cleveland is on the clock by 8:10pm at the latest. Goodell is usually pretty good with getting up there and saying 3 things. This year the Cowboys invited all of their HoF's to go on stage with him for the opening intro though, so it could be a long one 

It greatly impacts the next 4 picks. I know what you mean but it good have a big impact on us.

Buffalo should trade up and take Rosen. 

It definitely matters. I want them to take Allen.

Oh, I should be more clear. It matters for everyone else. But not for them. Because they'll screw it up no matter what. 

1) Darnold (CLE)

2) Barkley (NYG)

3) Mayfield (NYJ)

4) Chubb (CLE)

5) Rosen (BUF - 12, 22, 56)

Well, we did a mock draft at work with fans selecting for the respective teams.

1. Cle- Mayfield

2. NYG- Chubb

3. NYJ- Darnold

4. Cle- Barkley

5. Buf- Rosen (12 + 22)

I don't believe the Cleveland rumors. 

Josh Allen is not a good QB. I have access to the games and throws and breakdowns. It tells me that. Keep beating this drum though.

Some people who make a living scouting college quarterbacks would disagree. But you've seen some YouTube videos, I get it.

Some people who make a living scouting college quarterbacks would disagree. But you've seen some YouTube videos, I get it.

Great. Good for them. I actually have watched about half of the throws Allen made this season. You know what I do not have? Any outside pressure or influence to take Allen. I don't have years of bias built into my thinking that a QB has to be a 6'5" white guy that can throw the ball 70yrds. I don't have that. Helps make me objective. Objectively, Josh Allen is not good at QB in college and after watching the throws he won't be good in the NFL either. Again, keep beating this drum. 

Well heavens, we know that scouts have never been wrong about QBs before.

I can't remember who on WGR referred to Allen as "scouting catnip" but that is the single best description I have ever heard. It's easy to see why scouts like him, and it's also easy to see why those scouts are cherry-picking and setting themselves up for a bust.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

He's a 6'5" guy with a canon arm. When scouts create their ideal QB on Madden they create a 6'5" guy with a canon arm. The fact he processes the game slowly and isn't good at reading defenses apparently doesn't matter. Allen needs 2 years of pro development to even hope to make it. 

He's a 6'5" guy with a canon arm. When scouts create their ideal QB on Madden they create a 6'5" guy with a canon arm. The fact he processes the game slowly and isn't good at reading defenses apparently doesn't matter. Allen needs 2 years of pro development to even hope to make it. 

So what's 2 years ? You want Rosen so you can throw him right in  behind our great current OL line ? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.