Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

It's a slow news day, I guess.

Are you actually reporting something?

Guess not. Before leaving for lunch w/ my parents, saw a crawl on NFL Network "Breaking news: Bills trade 12 & 22 for Broncos #5."

Since there's no mention of the trade on TSW, assuming it was their 4/1 day joke. <_<

They've just downgraded their usefullness to below that of QVC. Will NOT watch their Sunday AM shows in season again. Good job a**wads. :angry:

Easter Sunday ... April ...

That Taro.  Got me.

Not me. NFL Network. So much for watching their draft coverage anymore. :censored:

@AdamSchefter 

Patriots are trading WR Brandin Cooks and a fourth-round pick to LA Rams for the 23rd overall pick in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft and a sixth-round pick, league sources told ESPN.

@AllbrightNFL

Just got a text about the Patriots and interest in Josh Rosen... whew.

@AdamSchefter 
Patriots are trading WR Brandin Cooks and a fourth-round pick to LA Rams for the 23rd overall pick in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft and a sixth-round pick, league sources told ESPN.

@AllbrightNFL

Why wouldn't they be interested in the best QB in the draft right now?

What kind of ammo do they have? I'm guessing nothing close to the amount necessary to do anything about that interest

Oh damn, 2 1's and 2 2's. 

I bet they move them for OBJ though.

How lucky does a franchise have to be to have by far the best coach in the league with the best QB of all time, and tha tcoach also happens to be a GM that can get 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks in the draft after being in a SB after winning 2 SBs?

Oh damn, 2 1's and 2 2's.

I bet they move them for OBJ though.

How lucky does a franchise have to be to have by far the best coach in the league with the best QB of all time, and tha tcoach also happens to be a GM that can get 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks in the draft after being in a SB after winning 2 SBs?

The worst part about this scenario isn't seeing Brady throw 25 TDs to Beckham, it's the inevitable nauseating narrative about how the Patriot way reformed Beckham. I'm already vomiting.

@AdamSchefter 

@AllbrightNFL

I think this is the Patriot way of freaking the Bills and Dolphins out that the Patriots are going to try and move up and draft Rosen.  I highly doubt they do this, they will have to make several more trades to keep moving up.  Are they really going to give up that much draft capital and lose out of numerous other impactful rookies when Brady could still play 2 more years?  I think this is a smokescreen to get the Bills to way overpay to move up in the draft.  They are likely positioning themselves for Rudolph who probably play well in McDaniels system.

I think this is the Patriot way of freaking the Bills and Dolphins out that the Patriots are going to try and move up and draft Rosen.  I highly doubt they do this, they will have to make several more trades to keep moving up.  Are they really going to give up that much draft capital and lose out of numerous other impactful rookies when Brady could still play 2 more years?  I think this is a smokescreen to get the Bills to way overpay to move up in the draft.  They are likely positioning themselves for Rudolph who probably play well in McDaniels system.

It would be kind of funny to see it happen though.  The Patriots had a fully developed backup QB and then they traded him for a 2nd round pick.  Then they turn around and trade a boat load of picks and players to get the next guy to develop?  It doesn't really seem like a great use of assets to me.

It would be kind of funny to see it happen though.  The Patriots had a fully developed backup QB and then they traded him for a 2nd round pickThen they turn around and trade a boat load of picks and players to get the next guy to develop?  It doesn't really seem like a great use of assets to me.

It's the "guy is going to walk anyway" mentality.  See Kane, Evander.  It has the Sabres stuck in a cycle of mediocrity; let's see what it does to the Pats.

Edited by Eleven

This implies that he could have. 

He could have, or he's just the unluckiest GM in history.

Look, I don't hate the guy, I don't think he should be fired, I don't think he's bad, I do think it's a beginner's mistake, but it's obvious that he mishandled the Kane situation.  Either he didn't read his cards right, or he didn't play them right.  Or both.

"Don't want to let him walk for nothing," and then trade him for as close to nothing as possible.

It's the "guy is going to walk anyway" mentality.  See Kane, Evander.  It has the Sabres stuck in a cycle of mediocrity; let's see what it does to the Pats.

I don't care what he means to the organization, I will never understand sticking with the 40+ year old when you have your heir apparent in place, especially when it goes against every single other move you've ever made.  So from that point of view, it really should never have been a "he's going to walk anyway" scenario.

But speaking of mediocrity, here's to wishing much worse than that upon New England.

Did anyone else see that Mathews signed with NE. Another ex-Bill goes to Belicheck.

Just like Hogan and Gillislee, he's a marginal NFL talent that will be over hyped and mentioned during every broadcast how all the Bills go to New England and become stars even though he will have mediocre numbers.

Just like Hogan and Gillislee, he's a marginal NFL talent that will be over hyped and mentioned during every broadcast how all the Bills go to New England and become stars even though he will have mediocre numbers.

Pretty much. Until he's injured again that is

I disagree. He's a very solid starter when healthy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.