Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

They're going to use draft capital on the most important position.

Yeah, they're going to trade up and pin their hopes to some rookie who may or may not end up something like Mark Sanchez with a smaller cap hit for his ELC. It doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

I would like to know which of the guys (Rosen, Darnold, Allen, Mayfield, Jackson, etc. is the most religious because I'd bet my bottom dollar that's the one McDermott and his assistant Beane will probably be drafting.

I would like to know which of the guys (Rosen, Darnold, Allen, Mayfield, Jackson, etc. is the most religious because I'd bet my bottom dollar that's the one McDermott and his assistant Beane will probably be drafting.

This is such a stupid and tiresome theme that you continue to bang on in a distressingly high percentage of your posts. 

TT is a religious guy -- did they keep him?

This is such a stupid and tiresome theme that you continue to bang on in a distressingly high percentage of your posts.

TT is a religious guy -- did they keep him?

It goes to show their stupid motivation. It's a fair question based on some of their decisions, it's not me being anti-religion because as you stated Taylor is very religious and I've been one of his biggest supporters.

I'm asking it again because nobody provided an answer last time.

I don't have the motivation to read up on the 200 or so guys who will be drafted this year. Many people on this board study the draft, read all the bios, and watch film/highlights of all of these college kids and listening to their interviews. It shouldn't be hard to point out that college guy x originally planned to go to seminary school or he puts his faith in a higher power above all else or some other nonsense. If someone who has done their homework to the put where they have their own draft board, happens to know the information, I'd appreciate them sharing. Isn't sharing information, opinions, and ideas the point of this board?

Edited by Alkoholist

And I'm sorry if you don't like me beating the same drum over and over. Now you know how some of us feel when you constantly bring up what a great fan you are for being anti-tank. We all know where you stand on that issue, just like you know where I stand on the religious one. So if you can beat your drum till my ears bleed why can't I be given the same discretion?

It goes to show their stupid motivation. It's a fair question based on some of their decisions, it's not me being anti-religion because as you stated Taylor is very religious and I've been one of his biggest supporters.

I'm asking it again because nobody provided an answer last time.

I don't have the motivation to read up on the 200 or so guys who will be drafted this year. Many people on this board study the draft, read all the bios, and watch film/highlights of all of these college kids and listening to their interviews. It shouldn't be hard to point out that college guy x originally planned to go to seminary school or he puts his faith in a higher power above all else or some other nonsense. If someone who has done their homework to the put where they have their own draft board, happens to know the information, I'd appreciate them sharing. Isn't sharing information, opinions, and ideas the point of this board?

I didn't say that you were being anti-religious.  I said that you incessantly claim that McD and BB make their personnel decisions based on the religiousness of the players, and that the frequency with which you make that claim is tiresome.  I also said that the theory itself is belied by them jettisoning TT.

You have also put forward zero evidence to support your theory, which is another reason it is tiresome.

I didn't say that you were being anti-religious.  I said that you incessantly claim that McD and BB make their personnel decisions based on the religiousness of the players, and that the frequency with which you make that claim is tiresome.  I also said that the theory itself is belied by them jettisoning TT.

You have also put forward zero evidence to support your theory, which is another reason it is tiresome.

A good portion of the people the Pegula's have hired of late are noted to be religious. There is some evidence.

I didn't say that you were being anti-religious. I said that you incessantly claim that McD and BB make their personnel decisions based on the religiousness of the players, and that the frequency with which you make that claim is tiresome. I also said that the theory itself is belied by them jettisoning TT.

So now we need evidence whenever we posit a theory on here, or is that just when you or some other moderator disagree?

So what about all the religious references that McSoul-less and Terry Pegula have said in their press conferences? What about the fact that they pumped up what a religious guy Peterman was and they drafted him? What about the pre-game prayer services and the hunt for a chaplain and all that other drivel? Sure it's circumstantial at best, but that's exactly why my theory is just a theory at this point.

Quarterbacks have usually been the face of the franchise for the majority of teams with a few exceptions for guys like Ray Lewis, Lawrence Taylor, etc. McDermott has not made his faith a secret by any stretch so it would be logical for me to assume that the next face of the franchise that he's going to hand pick (like when he hand picked his own boss like he's Bill Belichick) is going to share his values and will likely be someone who wears their faith on their sleeve.

I guess we'll see soon enough.

What about McCarron?  Or any of the FAs they just brought in? 

McCarron is Catholic.  That doesn't count as "religious" to true Bible-thumpers, but I don't know about Beane or McDermott.  Also, I doubt religion plays a role in their decision making.

Well then I guess I just have my rose colored glasses on. I'm excited to finally take a shot on a top rookie QB instead of shopping in the retread bargain bin for the most important position in football.

They could have taken a shot at a top rookie without signing the vet from the bargain bin.  That's the point.

I admit, I am drinking the Beane and Bills kool-aide. But some of the things I have read on TBD and Twitter sound eerily familiar.

"Beane is cold and calculated" "He's not afraid to make the big bold moves" etc etc.

Sounds a lot like what Sabres fans were saying a few years ago about GMTM, in fact some of the quotes are almost verbatim. I am pretty pleased with the moves, especially Murphy, but McCarron, I am not super thrilled about, as mentioned, he only has a handful more starts than Peterman. Assuming the Bills move up again and get their top 4 rookie QB, next year could truly be one of those one step backwards to eventually take 3 steps forward.

The biggest thing we have going for us is our defense, was solid last year and they really have made it better, addressed the D-line, our secondary will be among the best again, just need a solid LB in the draft and we are going to have a top 5 defense.

Not to thrilled about the offense though, WR's are still meh and with a rookie, McCarron and Peterman to be our starter, not looking awesome. will be another year of riding McCoy and now much tread does he have on the tires?

Always best to assume the worst. That way you're never let down.

I admit, I am drinking the Beane and Bills kool-aide.  But some of the things I have read on TBD and Twitter sound eerily familiar.

"Beane is cold and calculated"  "He's not afraid to make the big bold moves" etc etc.

Sounds a lot like what Sabres fans were saying a few years ago about GMTM, in fact some of the quotes are almost verbatim.  I am pretty pleased with the moves, especially Murphy, but McCarron, I am not super thrilled about, as mentioned, he only has a handful more starts than Peterman.  Assuming the Bills move up again and get their top 4 rookie QB, next year could truly be one of those one step backwards to eventually take 3 steps forward.

The biggest thing we have going for us is our defense, was solid last year and they really have made it better, addressed the D-line, our secondary will be among the best again, just need a solid LB in the draft and we are going to have a top 5 defense.  

Not to thrilled about the offense though, WR's are still meh and with a rookie, McCarron and Peterman to be our starter, not looking awesome.  will be another year of riding McCoy and now much tread does he have on the tires?  

Keep in mind the Patriots are known to be cold and calculated, so I'm not sure you should let one person's record ruin the entire concept. :)

Just because you move a player who happens to be religious does not mean you don't have some level of religious value in your roster moves.  I don't think the claim is that they won't move a religious player.  The claim is that they take into account the level of religiosity that a person has.

Yep. Or they could have kept the good (not great) QB that they already had and waited for the rookie to outperform him before they replaced him.

Yes.

Leaving this up to McCarron and a rookie--coming out of a playoff year--was irresponsible.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.