GDT Islanders at Buffalo 2/8/18 7pm MSG, GR

Brawndo

i have been playing horizon 3 and i love it. is forza 7 really good or is it just like 6. i didnt like 6 much. 

I never played 6 so I couldn't really tell you for sure. I jumped from 4 to 7. 

I really enjoy it. It's just taking me a while to figure out everything the game has to offer. 

I'm curious if the Islander's biggest fan will be in attendance. That guy is at EVERY game. Good seats too, corner glass. I don't know how he fits through the metal detectors..

Where does a car gotta go to find a ticket in Buffalo? And don't tell me BPD- I'm not talking that kind of car ticket ;)

Screen-Shot-2016-02-04-at-11.44.53-AM.pn

From what I've seen (limited) and what I've read: The team hasn't played terribly since the All-Star break, and, for decent stretches of time, has played pretty well.

They just sorta stink.

I'd like to see them get 2 here, in regulation.

Playing better on D side except the normal gaffs that end up in the back of the net. Still cant score consistently even when they dominate opposing teams zone. Again need some shooters and more speed. Need more than 2 guys on each line capable of shooting and scoring. Edited by Kottbullar

Playing better on D side except the normal gaffs that end up in the back of the net. Still cant score consistently even when they dominate opposing teams zone. Again need some shooters and more speed. Need more than 2 guys on each line capable of shooting and scoring.

The fact that you can even type the part I bolded is a step forward though.

FTFY

We need more than 2 ppl who can score consistently (60pts).  This team simply lacks talent throughout the lineup. 

I haven't looked, but I think there aren't that many teams that have multiple guys over 60 points. What the Sabres do need are a bunch of guys that can score at a 60-point pace for a few weeks at a time. There's enough overlap that it looks like 2-3 more 60 point meta-players.

Morning skate #Sabres lines:

Rodrigues-Eichel-Reinhart

Kane-O’Reilly-Okposo

Girgensons-Larsson-Pominville

Pouliot-Josefson-Nolan

Wilson extra

Beaulieu-Ristolainen

Scandella-Nelson

Gorges-Antipin

Falk extra

The bolded is, uhhh, bold.

EROD WITH EICHEL AND REINHART

evan-rodrigues-jack-eichel.png

The bolded is, uhhh, bold.

I think it's brilliant.  But not just the top pairing.  I like the bottom pairing just about as much.  I can see where each of the defensive lines are complementary pairs of players.  I think we might see Risto playing fewer minutes tonight, which would be good for him.  25 minutes for the 1st pair, 20 minutes for the second pair, 15 for the third.  Keep Risto away from that 30 minute mark.

I think it's brilliant. But not just the top pairing. I like the bottom pairing just about as much. I can see where each of the defensive lines are complementary pairs of players. I think we might see Risto playing fewer minutes tonight, which would be good for him. 25 minutes for the 1st pair, 20 minutes for the second pair, 15 for the third. Keep Risto away from that 30 minute mark.

I understand splitting Risto and Scandella to spread the talent a little bit and form a second pair that can eat into the top pair’s minutes. Would have preferred to experiment with McCabe as Risto’s partner over Beaulieu though. Unfortunately we’re without Jake for 3-4 weeks :(

A Nelson-Scandella pairing is awesome because it sounds like:

nelson-mandelaweb.jpg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.