GDT: Blue Jackets @ Sabres, 1/11/2018, 7pm est MSG

LGR4GM

What a breath of fresh air. Guhle is the Sabres best offensive dman regardless of where he is playing. Ullmark made me feel like a proud papa. Seeing him languish in the futility that was the Amerks until this season was difficult. I was genuinely excited for his every move and wasn't disappointed. What a game.

Yes at least there is a little hope in the pipeline for the team. 

Looks like a Darcy long shot may have finally payed off with Linus being a 6th rounder in 2012.

And begrudgingly XGMTM did good for once picking Guhle in the 2nd in 2015, looks like he's the defensive minded Dmen he was looking for. 

And just like that Ullmark and Guhle made it fun again.

Adversity is making Jack Eichel a better leader and a better hockey player.

Really think it was losing Moulson. He's been completely different ever since. That or that Russ Brandon talk actually worked

They don’t ask how, they ask how many

Right. Besides, some of Jack's empty netters are more impressive than a lot of standard NHL goals. He picks corners from his own blue line. They are daggers.

I’ll second this. Good (great) players earn those EN opportunities. They’re not freebies; they’re correlated to strong play.

And this is a good point.

Pretty damn close.

:flirt:

NoStradamus.

MODO!!

So, I really like this kid.

Two things.

Why is the Swedish guy speaking English with a French accent?

Is he like 7 feet tall, or is Dan 4 foot nothing?

Funny stuff.

Yes at least there is a little hope in the pipeline for the team. 

Looks like a Darcy long shot may have finally payed off with Linus being a 6th rounder in 2012.

And begrudgingly XGMTM did good for once picking Guhle in the 2nd in 2015, looks like he's the defensive minded Dmen he was looking for. 

Wait, you mean Darcy did something right? Try convincing some fans that.

#opinionsthatwillnevergettractionhere

I know you're joking, but we'd need some evidence that's what it was all about, no? OTOH one of the theories, that Russ as trying to get face time on the Winter Classic documentary, was proven false, as he didn't appear on the show, at least to my knowledge (I saw most of it, and if he appeared on the one/ones I didn't see, I think we'd have heard about it on here).

Nah. Stood next to him last year when we visited with him after the game. He's 6'4

Okay, I'll buy it.

Do we think there's a sweet spot for goalie height? I feel like 6'4" is probably right at the top of that range.

Does she have the matching helmet to go with it?

I'll let you know when we get married :p

Glad to see the team get it's head out of it's @ss for one night to play well in front of Ullmark. Kid looked good and made some great saves.

Guhle was the most noticeable player on the ice, and I think that aggressive play is exactly what Housley was looking for at the beginning of the year. I know guys like Risto and McCabe have that capability too since we saw that in their WJC time (remember the GWG from Risto?), but they have too much PTSD from the Nolan/Bylsma years to do it as confidently as Guhle did.

Jack has elevated the carcass of Kyle Okposo and made him an effective player again. Funny how the two fastest skaters (Eichel and Guhle) were the best looking players last night... :flirt:

Other than a great first, we didn’t play much different than most games this past month.

Having some exciting new players rekindles the feeble embers of optimism and winning changes our perspective on everything.

Watching Guhle skate is exciting and my God is Linus easy to root for.

Reminded me of when Ennis and Foligno first came up.

Hope the story ends better than that.

Other than a great first, we didn’t play much different than most games this past month.

Having some exciting new players rekindles the feeble embers of optimism and winning changes our perspective on everything.

Watching Guhle skate is exciting and my God is Linus easy to root for.

Reminded me of when Ennis and Foligno first came up.

Hope the story ends better than that.

you are probably right with this, the biggest difference is that the sabres had a goalie that actually isnt complete garbage to keep them in the game

. Agree and Ghule has some wheels... Man if Sabres could draft Dhalin... that would be a helluv a combo or 1-2 punch. Dahlin.. Middlestadt.. Ulmark and CJ smith up next year could make a world of difference. Erod was aweful and Girgenson couldnt spell goal if you spotted him the g and the L. Jack needs a sniper to pass to...

cut.jpg

Right. Besides, some of Jack's empty netters are more impressive than a lot of standard NHL goals. He picks corners from his own blue line. They are daggers.

His second empty netter, at the end of his rookie season (game 80 maybe?) in NJ, was among the more difficult goals he's scored. 

----------------------------------------------------------

Jack is definitely the interview jokester on the team. He threw this at Guhle:

guhle.jpg

Edited by Randall Flagg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.