GDT Penguins at Sabres, 7pm, MSG & Free Game on NHL.tv

LTS

I wouldn't say it has nothing to do with system or scheme. Bylsma was coaching an approach that is not suited for today's NHL, and Housley has managed to annihilate the powerplay. That stuff matters. But it's clear there are still significant problems with the on-ice talent.

Its significant problems with something other than their physical ability...thats where ive got the issue.

This team is as mentally tough as a cream filled donut.

I wouldn't say it has nothing to do with system or scheme. Bylsma was coaching an approach that is not suited for today's NHL, and Housley has managed to annihilate the powerplay. That stuff matters. But it's clear there are still significant problems with the on-ice talent.

Agreed.

Its significant problems with something other than their physical ability...thats where ive got the issue.

This team is as mentally tough as a cream filled donut.

I really don't think mental toughness has anything to do with it. We have a collection of dumb players. They just lack good hockey instincts.

I'm looking at Housley more and more as the cancer. This team has front end talent. Hell, we had the #1 power play last season. Fire that piece of ###### already!

Coaching has to take some of the heat here. If you got lemons you have to make lemonade. If you do not have the players to execute your system and they aren't getting it you have to tailor it down to what they can do. These guys look horrible and so out of sync, no hockey sense at all horrible passes. They were actually better last year. Not sure how that can be

I really don't think mental toughness has anything to do with it. We have a collection of dumb players. They just lack good hockey instincts.

It depends on the player. The jury is still out on guys like Eichel and Reinhart in that category. Lehner is mentally weak, for one. ROR gets down on himself at the drop of pin. And there's something to be said about Nolan's comment about saying guys don't hold each other accountable. Players don't just say that.

It depends on the player. The jury is still out on guys like Eichel and Reinhart in that category. Lehner is mentally weak, for one. ROR gets down on himself at the drop of pin. And there's something to be said about Nolan's comment about saying guys don't hold each other accountable. Players don't just say that.

There's a reason nobody is actually wearing the "C" on their shoulder....there is nobody on the roster who has the qualities to lead and hold his teammates accountable.

Yes but how did some get dumber over the last season? If that's the case then they are not thr right guys for Housley's system.

So back to ground zero who goes players or coach?

Round and round she goes where she stops nobody knows.

I feel like I hear players say this all the time.

If you want to get off the schneid - Play the Sabres

If you want to get your first hat trick - Play the Sabres

If you want a shut out - Play the Sabres

If you want to feel like a winner- Play the Sabres

and if you're the Sabres, good try, we're making progress, we'll get'em next time

Someday we'll make the playoffs.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Please stop embarrassing yourselves and give us something to cheer about.

Edited by hockeyhound

Yes but how did some get dumber over the last season? If that's the case then they are not thr right guys for Housley's system.

So back to ground zero who goes players or coach?

Round and round she goes where she stops nobody knows.

I don't think they got dumber, I just think seeing the same problems with a new coach has shifted the microscope from the coaching to the players. These guys, for the most part, are who they were last year.

Sorry when an expansion team that didnt even exist 6 months ago made of mostly have beens and never weres who have never even played together in their lives are leading their division there is no valid excuse for them to be as bad as they are. None.

Edited by matter2003

If you want to get off the schneid - Play the Sabres

If you want to get your first hat trick - Play the Sabres

If you want a shut out - Play the Sabres

If you want to feel like a winner- Play the Sabres

and if you're the Sabres, good try, we're making progress, we'll get'em next time

Someday we'll make the playoffs.

Let's Go Buffalo!

If you want to get paid well for middling talent and little grit - Sign with  the Sabres.

I don't think they got dumber, I just think seeing the same problems with a new coach has shifted the microscope from the coaching to the players. These guys, for the most part, are who they were last year.

Meanwhile an expansion team that didnt exist 6 months ago made up of mostly have beens and never weres who never played together in their lives is leading their division. This team has ZERO excuses for being this bad. None whatsoever. I dont want to hear it.

Edited by matter2003

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.