DEADLINE DAY -- Sabres trade speculation

matter2003

More from Incarcerated Bob

**UPDATED NHL RUMORS**

Islanders and Flames having discussions with #Sabres  #Coyotes (Lehner / Raanta) both teams involved on those goalies

This was why Arizona got Kuemper. That sealed it. It would be interesting for Calgary to get another goalie from Arizona.

Everyone is looking at Karlsson and Doughty as big name defenseman who are UFA's after next year.  

More off season ideas.

Is there not interest in Ekman-Larsson, Tyson Barrie or John Carlson?

John Carlson is a UFA this summer and not sure Washington can afford. RD who would push Risto back to second pair.

Tyson Barrie has two years remaining on contract and also would push Risto back to 2nd pairing.

Ekman-Larsson has one more year and would be top LD paired with Risto and push Scandella back to second pairing.

I believe JBotts should either go after Carlson in free agency or get Barrie from Colorado.

Trade #1- Bogo, Larsson and a second round pick to Colorado for Barrie?

Sign Tavares to 10-11 million to team back up with Okposo.

Trade #2 ROR to San Jose for Hertl and 2nd rd pick.

Trade 

Baptiste, Beaulieu, and 3rd for Max Domi from Arizona.

New Look Sabres for 18-19

Hertle- Tavares- Okposo

Domi- Eichel- Reinhart

Middlestat- Rodrigues- Pomminstein

Wilson- Girgensons- Bailey

Scandella- Barrie

Guhle- Risto

McCabe- Nelson

Ullmark

UFA

Everyone is looking at Karlsson and Doughty as big name defenseman who are UFA's after next year.  

More off season ideas.

Is there not interest in Ekman-Larsson, Tyson Barrie or John Carlson?

John Carlson is a UFA this summer and not sure Washington can afford. RD who would push Risto back to second pair.

Tyson Barrie has two years remaining on contract and also would push Risto back to 2nd pairing.

Ekman-Larsson has one more year and would be top LD paired with Risto and push Scandella back to second pairing.

I believe JBotts should either go after Carlson in free agency or get Barrie from Colorado.

Trade #1- Bogo, Larsson and a second round pick to Colorado for Barrie?

Sign Tavares to 10-11 million to team back up with Okposo.

Trade #2 ROR to San Jose for Hertl and 2nd rd pick.

Trade 

Baptiste, Beaulieu, and 3rd for Max Domi from Arizona.

New Look Sabres for 18-19

Hertle- Tavares- Okposo

Domi- Eichel- Reinhart

Middlestat- Rodrigues- Pomminstein

Wilson- Girgensons- Bailey

Scandella- Barrie

Guhle- Risto

McCabe- Nelson

Ullmark

UFA

Bogo, Larrson and 2nd for Barrie?  What are you smoking bro?  That's a homer trade if i have ever seen one, send them our trash for their treasure.  Not happening

And isnt that a gross overpayment for Domi?

Tavares wont come here ever.

Bogo, Larrson and 2nd for Barrie?  What are you smoking bro?  That's a homer trade if i have ever seen one, send them our trash for their treasure.  Not happening

And isnt that a gross overpayment for Domi?

Tavares wont come here ever.

Agreed on all of this

Edited by Jokertecken

Does O'Reilly plus a top prospect for Karlsson make sense from Ottawa's side?

Before labeling me a Chewbacca, points to consider:

--Ottawa can't afford to keep Karlsson, and the whole league knows it.  Ottawa is not going to get everything it wants for him.

--O'Reilly is a hell of a player and is under contract through 2023, as opposed to 2019 for Karlsson. 

--O'Reilly's actual cost--which means something to Ottawa--is less than his cap hit.

Does O'Reilly plus a top prospect for Karlsson make sense from Ottawa's side?

Before labeling me a Chewbacca, points to consider:

--Ottawa can't afford to keep Karlsson, and the whole league knows it.  Ottawa is not going to get everything it wants for him.

--O'Reilly is a hell of a player and is under contract through 2023, as opposed to 2019 for Karlsson. 

--O'Reilly's actual cost--which means something to Ottawa--is less than his cap hit.

Forgot to mention Duchene is there

That said, I don't think that's nearly enough. O'Reilly doesn't carry you to ECF Game 7 like Karlsson does. Considering what Kane and Duchene's initial asking price was, Karlsson's is easily higher than that

Forgot to mention Duchene is there

That said, I don't think that's nearly enough. O'Reilly doesn't carry you to ECF Game 7 like Karlsson does. Considering what Kane and Duchene's initial asking price was, Karlsson's is easily higher than that

Unless the Sabres are willing to take Bobby Ryan and his 7.5 Million Dollar Cap Hit as well. Travis Yost mentioned how Dorion is devaluating his biggest trade asset by doing this. The issue then becomes Karlsson’s next Deal will probably be in 11-12 Million Range, that’s almost 20 Million in two players, one with a significant injury history.

I think Kaner goes to the Ducks. They need D too but they need a scoring winger. I don't think the Ducks will be sellers at all like some are saying. A first and a very good prospect is probably what Kaner gets you guys.

edit ... Forgot to mention, Vegas and Van are places Kaner might end up this off season.

Edited by Ducky

I think Kaner goes to the Ducks. They need D too but they need a scoring winger. I don't think the Ducks will be sellers at all like some are saying. A first and a very good prospect is probably what Kaner gets you guys.

edit ... Forgot to mention, Vegas and Van are places Kaner might end up this off season.

I'm hoping Kane gets the Sabres a first rounder, a great prospect and something else (Decent young roster player or a future 2nd rounder).

However, I am fearing that won't be the case. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Sabres get just a 2nd round pick and a prospect (basically, the other teams 2nd or 3rd best minor league player age 21 or younger)