GDT Sabres at Montreal 7pm 11/11/17. MSG, WGR

Brawndo

Bylsma needed to go and the team saw plenty of stretches of hockey as bad as or worse than this one under him. We keep playing around at winning 33% of the games that we play this year, and that was the theme of last season, we did that for months.

The team is also sorely lacking in every facet on the ice and with the roster still. 

It's a lot more gray than black and white.

I agree but Bylsma did go and certainly up to this point I see no improvement and Jack looks very average now. At least last year I enjoyed watching him after coming back from injury. Right now there is nothing looking good. I agree with Scotysabres it is time to trade Kane and Reinhart. Problem is Reinhart May not fetch all that much now. I hope they can turn this around but I'm doubting.

I agree but Bylsma did go and certainly up to this point I see no improvement and Jack looks very average now. At least last year I enjoyed watching him after coming back from injury. Right now there is nothing looking good. I agree with Scotysabres it is time to trade Kane and Reinhart. Problem is Reinhart May not fetch all that much now. I hope they can turn this around but I'm doubting.

I'm wondering if we probably shouldn't have hired a coach whose only work came on a team that was far more loaded on the blue line than we will ever be. But it's too soon to tell still. But I can't say that Phil is doing anything to separate himself, anything innovative. I like some things he does and hate some things he does. Seems like a cookie cutter that says maddening things to the media. 

We never hit the line with speed (or we have too many slow forwards). As a result, the opposing team's defense regularly stands us up at the blue line and forces us to play a dump and chase game. And, we're not physical enough up front for that sort of game.

We were for about  3/4 of the game.  I thought Okposo, Girgs, Reinhart, and yes, even Moulson put in good efforts on the offensive boards.

Late in the third Jack outworked the habs in our zone, got possesion, feathered one up the wall and Kane could control it.  It was a cupcake. It happened another 2 times in the o zone. I truly believe he has committed to being more responsible and has no confidence that Kane won't turn it over.  Be is hesitant.  The worse thing for a guy with his wheels.  I would like Kane and Poulliot switched, but I don't think that will happen.  We all marvelled at his creativity and wished he had someone who thought the game the way he did so they would expectbthe feeds.  He still doesn't have that guy and Kane isn't it.  Kane would be justbas productive grinding on any other line.  

I think these are the right lines combos

Many people said "let's assess at Thanksgiving (US)"

I think these lines will click by then, and I'm still hopeful. These lines were exciting and will create more chances.

One thing that has to change, though, is having the two worst players on the team on two separate lines. You can't do that if you stack the top six. 

The official's arm went up and that's why he blew the whistle, but I guess meeting with the other three guys convinced them to not make the call. I don't know if that's ordinary in the NHL but in general I don't expect them to do what's ordinary. Throwback to when they blew the whistle because they lost sight of the puck in Calgary, and then Calgary scored after the whistle, and after reviewing the goal they decided to allow it even though the play was dead, for the first and only time in NHL history just because, and nobody ever talked about it again.

Biron mentioned on the post game show that if a player is following thru on the act of shooting it’s not a high sticking penalty

Oddly, after the last game I predicted we'd see a lot of 2-1 losses this year. Go figure. 

Same old same old, these guys just can't finish. Can't score. 

Lots of people wanted Reinhart on Eichel's line and you got it, and he got exactly zero points. 

For those of you that called this a "good" hockey game, your bar has really fallen low. Neither one of those teams on the ice tonight is any good. 

Rubbish. Total rubbish. 

Yes, he's a pouty prima donna type with a poor work ethic and in the National league, his talent level is not hugely out of proportion with everyone around him.

He's being exposed.

Hot takez

I've seen enough. This team is garbage. They should stop learning the system and just learn passing and shooting. What a a bunch of garbage. I'm out.

Liger, when you storm out three times per day, it sorta loses its effectiveness  :nana:

Also this Montreal team doesn't impress me at all, only one that scared me was byron with his speed.

Could have been up by 3 if we could have capitalised on the juicy rebounds Lindgren laid out for us in the 1st period.

Montreal is playing tank style sabres bad, dump and chase and fire shots from all angles at the goalie.  but they do have the speed for it.

Edited by Huckleberry

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.