GDT Sabres at Montreal 7pm 11/11/17. MSG, WGR

Brawndo

Really.  He's drinking the Housley Kool-Aid.  Can't be happy with a lead in the 3rd that results in a loss.  When has losing become acceptable??

It's not acceptable to the only guys that it makes any difference whether it's acceptable or not, no need to start flinging crap at the fans (not that you're doing that but it's becoming popular in times like these)

I really don't care that they lost this one - I was entertained tonight. Not last night, but I was tonight.

Under Housley this team has gone from #1 on the power play to 30th. And they certainly aren’t playing fast or with speed as he promised before the season. This team is on life support. Hope Botterill doesn’t just continue to sit on his hands.

So, do we still think it was coaching that was the problem? I wasn't a big Bylsma fan but maybe we see it wasn't him it's the team.

There just is little talent on this team. And the ones who are most talented just don’t do enough to justify their high salaries

So, do we still think it was coaching that was the problem? I wasn't a big Bylsma fan but maybe we see it wasn't him it's the team.

Yes, the personnel need a deck shuffling.

Kane had 2 golden passes from jack, whiffed. Okposo in the slot, hits outside of post.

We. Need. Finishers!

At this time, move Kane and Reinhart. The season is done. May as well get ready for next season.

Bylsma needed to go and the team saw plenty of stretches of hockey as bad as or worse than this one under him. We keep playing around at winning 33% of the games that we play this year, and that was the theme of last season, we did that for months.

The team is also sorely lacking in every facet on the ice and with the roster still. 

It's a lot more gray than black and white. 

The hands worry me.

He doesn't hit the line with speed anymore. That's what bought him space and respect. Hit youtube and watch any highlight package from before his ankle injury, and also from the end of last year. The guy simply doesn't move that fast anymore and doesn't have the hockey processing ability to make great plays when being pressed because he's at a near stand-still. His hands were never spectacular but when you're flying faster than anyone else at the line you can force your way into the zone without needing precise stickhandling and that's what he used to do. 

Better game, that's a positive.

Johnson played well.

I thought it was Kane's worst game of the year, couldn't handle the puck.

Jack seemed to not have much jam.

Falk was very physical, effective too.

Moulson's best game, still want him away from this team asap.

Should've had 2 points, but....

Thought top line played well tonight, just no luck. Overall the team played well but after two ya just knew that wasn’t enough.

And each night they do get the backup and still can’t score. That is extremely frustrating.

They need to move Kane while he’s on his game. He’s their best player right now so sell high.

I thought Sammy played well tonight as well.

Another thought. Is Bogosian made of glass? Wtf? Gorges played well, good tilt.

Time for some trades though. Oh well, another stress free hockey year for me again.

True, but you still have to be in control of your stick, and the stick stayed up and raked Scandella's face.

The official's arm went up and that's why he blew the whistle, but I guess meeting with the other three guys convinced them to not make the call. I don't know if that's ordinary in the NHL but in general I don't expect them to do what's ordinary. Throwback to when they blew the whistle because they lost sight of the puck in Calgary, and then Calgary scored after the whistle, and after reviewing the goal they decided to allow it even though the play was dead, for the first and only time in NHL history just because, and nobody ever talked about it again. 

He doesn't hit the line with speed anymore. That's what bought him space and respect. Hit youtube and watch any highlight package from before his ankle injury, and also from the end of last year. The guy simply doesn't move that fast anymore and doesn't have the hockey processing ability to make great plays when being pressed because he's at a near stand-still. His hands were never spectacular but when you're flying faster than anyone else at the line you can force your way into the zone without needing precise stickhandling and that's what he used to do.

I’m remembering a stat / most zone entries by Jack in the NHL. Sound right?

I over worry high ankle sprains. Could be the different .. dare I say it ... systems.

I’m remembering a stat / most zone entries by Jack in the NHL. Sound right?

I over worry high ankle sprains. Could be the different .. dare I say it ... systems.

If you combine zone exits with possession and zone entries with possession Jack was the best transition player in the entire NHL last year. 

He just doesn't do both anymore, it seems like. Maybe system? I worry about the ankle too, but it was also messed up when he led that stat category. But I don't have any non-ankle explanation for how much less explosive his skating looks now. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.