Jbot Do Something Already Part 2

GASabresIUFAN

There literally isn’t a single player other than Eichel I’d arduously advocate for keeping.

Scandella? I've liked bits and pieces of Falk. There are some bottom-half-of-lineup players for a good team, but, man, the top shelf is pretty empty. The plastic tray of Fudge Stripes is damned near empty.

Arduous is the operative word.

Scandella? I've liked bits and pieces of Falk. There are some bottom-half-of-lineup players for a good team, but, man, the top shelf is pretty empty. The plastic tray of Fudge Stripes is damned near empty.

Arduous is the operative word.

Exactly.

There are a few other players on the roster I like well enough, but Eichel is the only guy I’d be 100% against trading.

Hard to blow it up completely with the TM contracts to ROR and Okposo.  However, the only other guys with long-term deals are Jack and Risto and this is a good starting point.  Everyone else is flexible.  The longest other deals are Bogo and Scandella and they have 2 years left.  I'm keeping Scandella.  Bogo I'd still ike to buy out if we can't trade.

Because of this Jbot has plenty of room to maneuver.  Ullmark, Mittelstadt, Guhle and probably Smith in; Lehner, Kane, Gorges, and Josefson out. Re-sign Kane and trade Larsson or Girgensons to make room for Mittelstadt. Nylander makes the team, dump the remainder of Larsson or Girgensons or let Pouliotb or Wilson walk.  In the mood for a block buster, trade Reinhart to make room for Mittelstadt and fill a hole elsewhere.

Edited by Georgia Flakt

Winning isn’t important, though. It’s about the players liking each other and the coach. Wouldn’t want the expectation of performing to/for their contracts to be a distraction.

Exactly.   They're all getting along really well, coaches and players, enjoying their Pegulacoin together as one.   That's a true team, and we as fans, should appreciate that.... wake up sheeple!

Hard to blow it up completely with the TM contracts to ROR and Okposo.  However, the only other guys with long-term deals are Jack and Risto and this is a good starting point.  Everyone else is flexible.  The longest other deals are Bogo and Scandella and they have 2 years left.  I'm keeping Scandella.  Bogo I'd still ike to buy out if we can't trade.

Because of this Jbot has plenty of room to maneuver.  Ullmark, Mittelstadt, Guhle and probably Smith in; Lehner, Kane, Gorges, and Josefson out. Re-sign Kane and trade Larsson or Girgensons to make room for Mittelstadt. Nylander makes the team, dump the remainder of Larsson or Girgensons or let Pouliotb or Wilson walk.  In the mood for a block buster, trade Reinhart to make room for Mittelstadt and fill a hole elsewhere.

need room for Dahlin/Zadina/Svechnikov or Tkachuck as well.  

Plus the prospect received in the Kane trade.  thats 7 skilled players added if you include Nylander. 

With the Cap going up substantially (rumored) i don't see a need to buy out Bogosain.

Wouldn't you have to know the return?

I should say, for any reasonable or likely to happen return. I’m not trading Jack Eichel for anyone any team is going to trade. I suppose there are package deals to consider, but I’m not sure the list of players I rank higher than Eichel for franchise building value extends far beyond McDavid and Matthews, when taking into account age as well.

And we know those teams aren’t offering those guys up.

need room for Dahlin/Zadina/Svechnikov or Tkachuck as well.  

Plus the prospect received in the Kane trade.  thats 7 skilled players added if you include Nylander. 

With the Cap going up substantially (rumored) i don't see a need to buy out Bogosain.

Whether or not we buy him out, I’ll be very disappointed in Botterill if we enter into yet another season with Bogosian penciled into a top 4 role.

So should we expect the return from Lehner and Kane trades to be better or worse as we get closer to the trade deadline?

I'm getting anxious about not having these two guys gone already. It would be so Buffalo for them to get injured before the end of February.

Theoretically their value should increase closer to the deadline as demand exceeds supply

I remember Joe.

I should say, for any reasonable or likely to happen return. I’m not trading Jack Eichel for anyone any team is going to trade. I suppose there are package deals to consider, but I’m not sure the list of players I rank higher than Eichel for franchise building value extends far beyond McDavid and Matthews, when taking into account age as well.

The Nordiques/Avs traded a petulant Eric Lindros to Philly for the Flyers' future and ended up with a couple of Cups to show for it.  And Philly ended up with.... not nearly as much.  Don't knock package deals.  I'm not advocating trading Jack away like that, but if you're looking at possible deals I wouldn't dismiss a top-player-for-a-package-of-prospects kind of deal out of hand.

When the Sabres get pounded tonight by Kane/Bogo's old team, can we please start moving on from this terrible team and it's un-professional players.

I’m not sure Botterill cares about winning games this season, much at all. Take that as you will.

Called this game correctly. Jbot the clock is ticking.

Listened to housley interview on wgr on the way in. He said were going to really start evaluating things going forward from now until the end of the season. I don't know but just the way he kept saying it makes me think jbott will be busy over this bye week.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.